Search results

1. Stebb

Cupra MK4 owners - thoughts and observations after living with the car for a while

Very nice @.Griff. I wasn't quite so adventurous on model but still really enjoying my A200 'grown-ups' car!
  2. Stebb

Infotainment Resetting, Virtual Cockpit Resetting, Numerous Errors - Any Help?

Just FYI. My car VZ2 '21 plate, had two of these units in 2022. It was then back with the dealer by June 2022 and after waiting six weeks with no sign of progress on a third I rejected the car - Cupra were very good in resolving although the process took a couple of months. In the meantime, I'd...
  3. Stebb

CupraConnect and the Infotainment System

I can say that the hybrid tech was not what was at fault with the Cupra. It was centred around the Infotainment and auxiliary systems that caused the problems. The Merc has a hybrid option if you wanted to make a more direct comparison to drive types but none were available to purchase (new)...
  4. Stebb

So..... the Cupra has gone. Rejected and I am clear of the deal. It still awaits the replaacement part(s) at the dealership - I was unhappy at paying for a car I didn't have on top of its recurring and ongoing troubles. It was a big decision, as the car was a fantastic drive and absolutely...
  5. Stebb

VW Group CEO replaced - see the reasons.....

The last of these reasons is close the hearts of many posters in the Cupra forums. From AutoWeek a few days ago.... Volkswagen Supervisory Board reaches agreement with Dr. Herbert Diess to step down from his post of VW Group CEO in surprise move, replacing him with Porsche CEO Oliver Blume...
  6. Stebb

Infotainment Resetting, Virtual Cockpit Resetting, Numerous Errors - Any Help?

Exactly as per my car - presently at the dealers with an earliest ETA for the "5F Control Unit" being the end of July. Note, this is the second 5F unit my car has 'consumed', the last was fitted in March.
  7. Stebb

Thread resurrection...... I've confirmed that the hardware part in my car replaced last time was "5F Control Unit" - that was back in March. After working well for 3 1/2 months, following the A856 OTA update the same hardware has failed again. The system reboots itself half a dozen times, then...
  8. Stebb

First service - eHybrid

Just a thought - the software update is a warranty fix: the courtesy car should therefore be entirely free for that item. The software update will take longer than the oil change.
  9. Stebb

Club SmartGuard - on Android

Hi ! My car came with SmartGuard so I can get minor damage repaired - I have a kerbed alloy. I understand that I need to get the app onto my Android phone (S20) but the app store doesn't list Club SmartGuard for download/install. Has anyone else managed? Looks like its all ok for iPhone or iPad.
  10. Stebb

Welcome - Loading Settings............

Wow - even your Nav database is over a year old. Happy for you to use my screenshot as an example, can give you reg no if you need it, cars are both 2021 model.
  11. Stebb

This is what I see today.....
  12. Stebb

Mine is due back at the dealer end of next week - constant reboot loop. I do get 60 secs or so in each cycle to adjust the air con etc., but already had a new Infotainment unit (5F?) back in February. Software is now showing as 1896. Who knows what the issue is as during the 60 second 'up' time...
  13. Stebb

eHybrid - Road Trip

No top box - means theres more than one of us! The dealers in Germany had a lot more Cupra's on the forecourt and there are a lot more on the roads. ~Unfortuantely, our Infotainment gave up the ghost just as we boarded the train, so we had not Nav, no Radio, no Parking Sensors and the gubbins...
  14. Stebb

Key Battery Low

If its anything like the Ateca kessy I had to fit Duracell batteries to make them register properly, your average supermarket jobs just didn't work And yes, I didn't think it would make any difference until I tried it myself!
  15. Stebb

Software Update 1896

Do you have the button on the steering wheel to turn off lane assist? Might help in the meantime!
  16. Stebb

eHybrid - Road Trip

Spotted in the tunnel boarding queue today - another grey Cupra Leon,
  17. Stebb

OTA Update R8960L

I have exactly this from earlier today - while waiting in the queue to board the chunnel train.... Now have no sat nav or sos (or music) and 'on holiday'. Notably, the dealer called me to ask about the warning that has appeared and queried if it occurred yesterday - I wonder if some minor update...
  18. Stebb

eHybrid - Road Trip

That's the plan - here to Lille first day then onwards thru Luxembourg. Will probably need a top up in Carre-Four though! Just paid £1.90 a litre fill up here.
  19. Stebb

eHybrid - Road Trip

That's good to hear. Actually going to Landau, a bit further on past Saarbrücken and I know they have a Lidl :) Thanks @josh263uk
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise