Search results

1. Forged or pressed, polybush???

I'd be cautious of PSB sutf, I bought PSB ones for the front of my LCR & after about 6 weeks they were out of shape and causing knocks and bangs. I replaced with Powerflex and been fine n dandy ever since.
  2. Boost gauge vent installion

I ran my hose along through the gap in the center console and out through the usual loom box at the passenger side of the engine bay. Works perfectly, needs longer vac line obviously but saves drilling your bodywork
  3. Boost gauge mounting places

I know your not keen on them but I've got mines in a vent pod at the drivers side, unobtrusive but still easy to see.
  4. High mileage Cupra r a good idea

Mines Has 130k on it now with full stage 2 and it gets 'exercised' regularly & it runs great and is utterly reliable too. We've just done a Glasgow to Manchester round trip of around 500 miles and gotten an average of 32mpg (actual miles done / fuel bought calculation, not trip computer...
  5. Red coilpack

arent the adapters only needed if you have an older non dbw throttle car like an agu? I though later ones like AUQ/AUM etc had slightly different cam covers and didnt need the plates.
  6. Exhaust & Remap

I got a eml with my 3" Cobra turbo back when 1st fitted but i just fitted a lambda extender (one with an adjustable angle as 3" pipework doesn't leave a lot of room for the lambda as it is) and the eml was gone. also even with a sportscat emissions will be marginal at your mot but it is doable...
  7. Suggestions please

As said above it doesnt really matter about your base engine as for 450 bhp your going to have to swap-out the internals & go to a bepsoke big turbo and manifold setup anyway. TBH I like my Cupra R but if I wanted to go for 450bhp i'd be looking at something with a larger more modern engine...
  8. ECU swapping

If it's not got a leak then weak waste-gate actuator possibly?
  9. Cupra R intercooler options

+! for that, I bought a 2nd hand forge fr £200 with all piping, had some bent fins etc & needed a good clean but it holds boost just fine and it's a noticeable improvement over the smic's.
  10. Misfire cylinder 2

Yeah they could be ok under light load and while not too hot but once up to running temp and under some load they might start malfunctioning. My B6 S4 had this problem, would be ok for about 20 mins of driving then after that one of the coils would start to misfire after about 4000rpm on full...
  11. Misfire cylinder 2

If you want to rule out the coil-pack, swap it with one from another cylinder and see if the error code follows the coil-pack to the new cylinder its now firing.
  12. what have you done to your car today ?

Put the car up for sale the other day on eBay, took the car for a full valet and detail yesterday, fell back in love with the car again & asked myself"why are you selling it you tit!?". So took the add back down today & treated the car to a set of Bilstein B8's to say sorry to the car! lol
  13. Selling Leon Cupra R as Spares or Repair Value

Surely getting a 2nd hand box out of a breaker and fitting it then being able to sell it as a running car is bound to be better than trying to sell spares or repairs. honestly spares or repairs cars are pretty worthless. I'd guess at £1500 absolute max, probably £1000, bung a box in it for £500...
  14. LCR225 Front disc

As others have said Original equipment or better. Regarding aftermarket go for things like the M-TEC ones on ebay that are drilled or grooved, these are just budget discs they have machined they are far from a high quality disc. If you fancy aftermarket go for branded like EBC or Tarox etc...
  15. what have you done to your car today ?

Disintegrating dipstick holder replaced with genuine one, previous owner had fitted a far eastern ebay special that basically split into about a billion bits when i was removing. Some small shards down into sump so oil change & pickup check at the weekend, thankfully only driving to and from...
  16. New LCR Owner Advice What to do 1st!

If the car is running fine at the moment I'd say 3" TIP - Badger 5 probably - a Boxed/heatshielded induction kit. I'd also suggest that you refresh your bushings with poly bushes, if not a full refresh then do at least arb, dogbone & rear axle bushes as these are all worked hard and will be...
  17. Where can I get a good upper strut brace for my Leon mk1?

I have a Genuine 8L S3 one thats new and unused, Yours for £45 delivered, or £40 if you want to uplift from the Glasgow area.
  18. Revo Stg1 LCR

I'm REVO Stage 1 & I get 21psi albeit with Forge FMIC, Badger5 TIP, Neuspeed Induction Kit & 3" CobraSport turbo back supporting mods but I'd say you should be seeing around 18-20psi.
  19. Tip for Cupra r

+1 for that, I have black one and it looks nice and understated but it made a noticeable difference to response and made my intake sound nicer.
  20. Pic request - Cupra/FR on Long Beach wheels

http://images.lmgtfy.com/?q=seat+leon+long+beach#