Search results

1. Marv-95

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Hi - yeah sorry I didn't have to do my drivers side... I only had to take the trim that covers the seat belt and then the trim that goes along the bottom of the door (and yes there are screws there). That runs along to the trim where your feet are which I think is clipped (there maybe 1x screw...
  2. Marv-95

Water leak into footwell - dodgy seal info and DIY repair guide (Image links dead)

Hi Patmore, Most of the problems I think will be because of the damp. My water ingress was mainly coming in via under the Pollen Filter (above the battery - top right engine bay) which has the same foam that degrades over time. It is really a job to do in the Summer. I cut out the underlay and...
  3. Marv-95

On my rear doors I had water gathering on the sill. I found that it was pooling on the sill and then worked its way under the rubber door seal that goes around the door. I pulled the rubber seal of the bottom sill and siliconed in the groove then pushed it back on after cleaning it. I also...
  4. Marv-95

I ordered some clips on ebay. I think I broke 2x when I did my side. I think water comes in via under the Pollen Filter more than the doors. There is butyl tape under that too but I found that the 2x screws that push the seal down are not strong enough to provide that seal. No worries - have...
  5. Marv-95

Hi Suschef, I believe pics are here:- http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3255716#post3255716 It's also worth doing the Pollen Filter whilst the weather is good... I used Silicone but you can buy the butyl tape if you really want to. This is what I did to my Pollen Filter which...
  6. Marv-95

Mk1 Seat Leon - Ash Tray will not close

JBlaze can you open my Facebook images?? Have you tried a smaller screw?? May be its the thickness/girth of the screw that is the problem. The plastic T was only a couple of mm thick and about 3-5mm long. What about a beaded pin?? Would that work rather than a pin?? You could cut the pin down to...
  7. Marv-95

Air Bag Light (Reset)

Sorry Im not at home to check the fuse number. I can do on Friday. I didn't test the fuse. I know some people suggested disconnecting the battery for 10mins or so but you need to remember the Radio will need its code put back in. I think I just got the garage to reset it during a service...
  8. Marv-95

MK1 LCR - Bonnet will not open (Help)

Update - Actual locking mechanism was broken. Replacement ordered.
  9. Marv-95

My bonnets stuck and wont open!

Thanks I did try that - I think the black handle that pokes through the grill has a broken spring but Im not sure. Just can't get it to release the bonnet (stage 2). Just have to hope I don't need to get into it as I have a busy driving week next week. Thanks for the reply. Marv
  10. Marv-95

Bonnet release advice

So you aren't allowed to ask for assistance when the comments don't actually tell you any thing apart from put a screw driver in there and wiggle it about?? Or douse it with WD40. I spent 4hrs on the bloody thing and still no joy. So I think you might appreciate how totally pi$$ed off I am at...
  11. Marv-95

Bonnet release advice

Help please - I can't get the mechanism to release the bonnet. Is it the handle in the car that pulls the cable that releases the main mechanism?? Or does pulling on the black handle in the grill cause the mechanism to release?? I have taken the grill off and removed the screws (3) so the...
  12. Marv-95

Leon Mk1 Bonnet Won't Open

Hi did you manage to get it released - my cable is fine but can't get the mechanism to release the U of the bonnet.
  13. Marv-95

Problem with the bonnet catch - 2003 Toledo 20VT Sport

Saul what do you mean by - the lever has probably dropped out of its runner??? Where is the runner?? If I could get the bonnet to release then I can check it out but can't get the mechanism to release the bonnet. Any ideas?
  14. Marv-95

Bonnet cable fault (NOW FIXED WITH PICS)

Pushed on the Mechanism?? What does that mean?? Where did you push??
  15. Marv-95

My bonnets stuck and wont open!

Chris how did you get it open?? http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4662404#post4662404 It wont release the bonnet. Cheers Mark
  16. Marv-95

I have taken the front grill off and removed the 3x screws holding the mechanism in place. I can now lift the bonnet but the Catch is still holding on the the U of the bonnet so I can't release it. The black handle cannot pull any more forward actually id does sweet FA. I cant see how to get...
  17. Marv-95

Bonnet cable fault (NOW FIXED WITH PICS)

How do you get the catch to release on stage 2??? It wont come away from the U
  18. Marv-95

Problem with the bonnet catch - 2003 Toledo 20VT Sport

HELP PLEASE!!!! My bonnet is stuck the handle pops but the pully thing in the grill doesnt realease any thing. I have taken the grill off and the 3x screws holding the mechanism down and now i can lift the bonnet but the catch is still clasped around the U of the bonnet and I can't release it...
  19. Marv-95

Hi, I pull the handle which pops the bonnet but cannot lift the bonnet to get to stage one. Its only a couple of mm. So I can't get my fingers in to find the pesky handle. The part you pull between the grill is out but it doesn't do any thing - I have tried pulling it with pair pliers...
  20. Marv-95

Bad times - I took all door cards from front and rear and front seat (all plastic trims) as you did. Mine was coming in where speakers sit and the failed butyl strip sandwiched between metal sheets and failed butyl strip under the pollen filter AND the last thing was under rubber seal on rear...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.