Search results

1. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

So the work continued this week with the underside of the car. Over the years garages have clearly destroyed my jacking points and now the underseal literally does not exist on them. So I got to wire brushing it all back and treating the metal to a rust converter before cleaning off and...
  2. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Thanks. The skirts are 5 torx screws, one at either end in the wheel arch areas and three underneath. Undo them and they lift up off of the clips[emoji1303] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Another thing that's been bugging me for a while is my cold air feed to the air filter. It's just sat in behind the fog grille and not connected so is actually probably not doing an awful lot to force air in. So I got to work on it. Had to chop the fog mount out to start with for room. Then...
  4. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

So with this lovely weather today I took the opportunity to clean up some of the harsh winter ****. Took the skirts and arch liners off and cleaned everything up probably for the first real time in its life. What a mess.....then after a scrub and seal. Much better. That's the real...
  5. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

There is a chap on a Facebook group called Vag Gang that makes them. He is called Richard Walkling. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Cheers dude. The cold air intake needs sorting so it's actually fixed to the grille and not just sitting behind like it is now. When that's done it should force air in as it's supposed to so I will be able to answer that soon. When the summer wheels go back on il have the wheel arch liners out...
  7. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Got some new custom mats to tidy up the interior too. Really like them. That will probably be it for a little while. Got some things that need ironing out and finishing off but il post them up when it's done probably throughout the spring. Just waiting for the nicer weather so she can...
  8. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Oh and a new splitter too... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

The only real place for it with a cold air passage was behind the driver fog grille area so got to removing that first... Then making brackets up and mounting it. Hooked the fittings and hoses up.. And made a feed up from the fog light hole to force air to the cooler All...
  10. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Right so it's been a little while since I have posted anything. There had been a lot going on internally within the interior of the car over the winter but it's far from finished so I won't give anything away just yet. However this week it was time to service the old girl and fit the oil cooler...
  11. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

And the fitted finished product.... It's now completely solid and the tip and maf very secure. Sealed really well against the bonnet and the front and lower half of the filter. A bit of testing and intake temps are definitely down. Happy days. The bay is now finished. [emoji41] Sent...
  12. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Thanks for the comments guys. The last week I have been working on a decent heat shield for the larger filter to enclose it and also support the tip and maf housing. Started with lots of cardboard and making templates and adjusting them until I came up with one I was happy with. Then got a...
  13. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

As she stands. Clean and protected for winter. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

And the new bits... Much better. The old top mount bearings fell apart when changing them too so that was another thing overdue. All settled down now and wheel alignment done and she feels spot on. That's the handling all done now. Very happy!!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

The old bits... Needless to say the brakes needed doing lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Also got new black series powerflex top mounts and new oem bearings to complete the handling. Then all the bits and the car went off to Carbon Motive for a Neil to do his thing. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

And to compliment it all while it was all being changed over I got this lot together as well.... Godspeed oem size rear discs to match the style of the front setup, oem pads, matching hel rear brake lines to match the fronts and vw sharan handbrake release springs to stop the "mooing" in...
  18. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

So the build had been continuing slowly getting little nightly things done. Over the past few months I have been building this up. I sourced a second beam that was powder coated and already polybushed with powerflex bushes. I thought it be easier to build one up and swap them straight...
  19. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Sorry dude only just seen this post. They were about 2m long and the excess is just inside the door cards wound up. They are wired to the puddle lights yes. Nice and easy. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. rossi46

Deej's mk1 LCR 225

Thanks guys. Yes that's the lsd and clutch. Cg 666 kit and smf. Can't fault any of it at the moment. Haha it will happen don't worry. Need to sort a couple little things out and then have my wedding next year. Cambelt and water pump due end of next year so when that's due it will most likely go...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.