Search results

1. TomJackUK

Too high? Place bets now...

Bit worried about the shocks having done 90k. I cant afford to change them too unfortunately....
  2. TomJackUK

Sachs exactly the same! =/ Has anyone any experience of getting non-OEN Cupra length springs?
  3. TomJackUK

Thing is, all the springs shown on ECP are for 'without sports suspension' so I am worried today they are going to fit a different brand (Sachs) of the same length and I will be in the same position as last time! =/
  4. TomJackUK

When putting my reg (and other LC's) into ECP it comes up with springs 'for vehicles without sports suspension' - could this be the issue do you think?
  5. TomJackUK

Garage have ordered some more springs in and are changing free of charge tomorrow. They checked with their supplier and their supplier is ademant that these long springs are right - no chance!
  6. TomJackUK

Had 2 cracked springs so took the car to a (well respected) place in Warwickshire to have all 4 springs changed on my Cupra. Looks like it is sitting way too high to be - what do you think?
  7. TomJackUK

Leon Cupra 1.8t - big misfire... undriveable

In the Midlands mate - Leamington Spa.
  8. TomJackUK

Thanks for your help LEE. Probably going to end up pushing it over to a garage I haven't really got much time this week and need the car sorting!
  9. TomJackUK

Ah OK I understand now I think - looks like something I probably dont want to try as my car is 100% standard at the moment and I quite like that. If I speak to a garage tomorrow what do I describe the pipe(s) I need replacing as?
  10. TomJackUK

Sorry LEE I don't quite understand - the pipes that I pictures are 'underneath' the inlet manifold (in the centre of the second photo down that I posted)
  11. TomJackUK

Access to these pipes looks like a right bitch. Is it a manifold off job?
  12. TomJackUK

LEE I saw your post - i didnt know whether these were just commonly oily due to their location or something.
  13. TomJackUK

So i've had a really good look around the engine bay for any split/oily pipes, and the only ones that I can see that fit the bill are shown below. They are pipes that are connected to the underside of the inlet manifold, and this is in the area where we think we can hear the hissing coming from...
  14. TomJackUK

So I have had a good look around all of the hoses that I can see, and cant see any splits. However, it does sound very much like there is a leak coming from towards the front of the engine... back out to have another good look. Any 'common' pipes to look for? I replaced the 'y' pipe last year as...
  15. TomJackUK

I will have a look for split hoses this afternoon. Do you think that it would run smoothly with the MAF unplugged if this was the case though? Re: coilpacks - I had them changed last year under recall
  16. TomJackUK

I've got the reciept for the fuel - definitely states that I paid for unleaded. Something tells me that it wouldnt run smoothly with the MAF unplugged if it were diesel ;) This is a pain... can hasnt turned a wheel for a week now. Waiting to hear back from GSF then I will either send it to...
  17. TomJackUK

I've just noticed that these problems started as soon as I filled up with Sheel V Power. Any way these could be linked or just a big coincidence?
  18. TomJackUK

Anyone had any experience returning bits to GSF? After a refund really so I can buy one from SEAT to be a bit more sure its an 'ok' unit but don't know how GSF are about returns etc...
  19. TomJackUK

That would be ideal, but I dont know anyone around here with a 1.8t unfortunately!
  20. TomJackUK

Could someone please confirm the part number for the MAF? I have got the Bosch number (0 280 218 063) but I dont think I can order through SEAT with this...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise