Search results

1. Creaking r o/s

Yeah when the roads are gritted mine makes some weird creaking noises too. I think it just gets in amongst the components and salt dries everything out.
  2. Knocking on front end finally cured :)

Agreed, I have been advised that there is some wear to my steering rack bushes that could be causing the knocking on my front end. Any idea of cost?
  3. KO3s TIP

Because I had managed to find one for cheap but wasnt sure it would fit.
  4. Laying Up

So it doesnt seize
  5. KO3s TIP

will a TIP from a mark 3 Ibiza Cupra fitted with a KO3s fit my mark 4 Cupra (ko3s)? Daft question but I am just about to pay for one and want to know that it will fit before I commit to it.
  6. new turbo needed?

Has your intake pipe come off? Just the whistling noise you described
  7. Interchangeable Part

Afternoon all, In a bid to continue my progress with the Cupra (1.8t), I am keen to find out which parts of other cars from the VAG stable are useable on the Ibiza. All the other VAG cars seem to use each others parts i.e. TT using R32 roll bars etc and I wondered if there were similar...
  8. Drop links (D.I.Y)

So one at the bottom and one at the top is 2 :D Glad you got it sorted mate.
  9. Drop links (D.I.Y)

Not difficult to do at all mate, good set of spanners, think its 2 bolts mate. You will likely need to grip one bolt and undo the other as they will be wound on to one another if that makes sense? Easy job tho buddy.
  10. Tall gearing cupra

my petrol Cupra drives like a diesel, the map tails off so quickly, it thumps the power down early, but then runs out of balls early too. Frusttrating.
  11. Should I get new top mounts for new coilovers?

I would for sure mate, its cheap, easy and will eliminate any problems in that area of your whip when you change them over. Are you selling your old ones?
  12. Is this excessive play ?

my standard intake pipe was really tight mate as in no play whatsoever. Have you taken the allen bolt out of the intake at all? Reason I ask is that when I took the bolt out of mine, seems to be similar level of play to yours now.
  13. Dreaded MOT time

My Cupra just sailed straight through too. On saturday, not even an advisory! :funk:
  14. Money left over

Suppose that makes sense.......
  15. Money left over

Hybrid turbo and a good set of coilovers.
  16. Can you fit height adjustable seats to a car which doesn't have them?

yeah, thought as much. Mine don't work when I am in them.
  17. Can you fit height adjustable seats to a car which doesn't have them?

on the subject of height adjustable seats, should you be able to make them go up and down even if you are sat in it? Mine won't go up if I am sat in it.
  18. Mod Ideas?

yep.....if you have the rest it will be a little monster.
  19. Mod Ideas?

or what about stuff to make it faster......remap, front mount intercooler, exhaust and turbo intake pipe.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.