Search results

1. How to tell if your K1 is Real

I'd also like to add that if its a 'genuine' K1 you know the standard of work has to be of a certain level. I've had cars in the past where modifications have been carried out by previous owners and bodge job wouldn't even come close to describing the work done. It also seems that K1's hold...
  2. Vinyl wrap vs hydro dipping?

As I'm sure with most cars of a certain age my door trims and speaker surrounds are showing scratches and wear marks so I was looking at covering them. I went to the local vinyl shop and asked if they could be wrapped and they said no, it wouldn't stick very long. I was a bit perplexed by...
  3. Stage 2+ requirements

I can't really advise you on many of those items but my K1 is running stage 2 and i've got a Miltek TBE with de-cat and it's not too loud and it burbles a bit so i assume stage 2+ you may get a few pops and bangs if that's your thing. Your best bet would be to speak with the company who will be...
  4. Climate Control Unit

Thanks for that info, but I replaced my stereo last year for an RNS510 as the original Seat unit went kaput. I don't know if that might be able to show the temps or not sinmce it's a newer model. Might be something my friend with vagcom could look into
  5. Climate Control Unit

Yeah it's been covered on the forum here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=352221 Just have to swap round one of the pins to keep its memory
  6. Climate Control Unit

Cheers rusty, I think that will look pretty nice in the K1, better start hunting ebay for the unit and a new facia!
  7. Climate Control Unit

One thing that's bothered me on my K1 is that I have some dead LCD pixels and I don't know if you can buy just the replacement screen for it or if it's an entire 2nd hand job, can anyone clarify this? I have been looking at replacing it with the newer unit shown in this photo (shamelessly...
  8. 2006 leon 2.0tdi bttc kit 3sdm

Specs on wheels? Is that standard ride height?
  9. Best wheel options

Yeah the Bola B1's are nice, not sure on the 6 spokes apposed to the 5 on the Rota GTRs, but I'm still struggling with wheel widths and offsets so that it'll look right but not cause any rubbing issues. I'm really surprised there isn't more information available.
  10. Best wheel options

That'd be appreciated How did you find the ride and were you on coilovers? If I go for 19's I'll have to drop profile size, so it may become a little bumpy.
  11. Best wheel options

Anymore details on the specs of your wheels? I've even been toying selling the K1 and buying a v6 Audi s5 but I think I'll stick with the Leon. Just need the right wheels!
  12. Best wheel options

Hi fellas, I'm after some advice on wheels as I'm unsure on the best route/option open to me. I've had my K1 for 2 years and I've never really liked the standard 18" wheels which are powder coated black with a diamond cut face. I'm looking at changing the wheels but do I stick with 18"...
  13. Help securing sill covers

These are a major ball ache for me and I never ever take them off, however I had to have 2 new tyres fitted today and they took the jacking point covers off in order to get my wheels off. Short ride home, pull on the drive and realise my passenger jacking point sill cover is missing, so I...
  14. Boost gauge problems

Don't know if anyone might be able to advise me but I'm having an issue with my boost gauge. It was working fine this morning, I did an oil and filter swap and went to fill up with petrol and noticed the boost gauge wasn't giving the out the right readings if at all. It still pulled ok...
  15. Drivers Rear Door

Nards, thought it might of been, I might check vagcom, see if it throws up an error. Yeah there aren't many on eBay, used one like this is £40 http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321905089365 I'll see if anyone's breaking any Leon's; failing that I might enquirer on a new unit, just for a laugh :p
  16. Drivers Rear Door

Lately I've noticed my drivers rear door refuses to open from the outside. I was wondering if it might be the locking mechanism as I'm not entierly sure what else it could be. I can open it from the inside, then if i close it again it'll open from the outside :confused:I'm wondering if maybe...
  17. Engine Cover Mounting

Cheers dude :)
  18. Engine Cover Mounting

I posted up a topic on here a few weeks back since the standard covers won't fit due to any aftermarket air intake. Apparently the MK2 audi covers fit perfectly but then it depends how much you care about having an audi cover opoosed to a seat one. A member on here pm'd me after I poseted...
  19. Engine Cover Mounting

I've got myself a 2.0 tfsi engine cover, which ahs been cut in order to naviagate around my air intake. I've got the 4 metal plugs where it mounts too but what I seem to be missing is a rubber grommet. I don't suppose anyone knows where I could get these from or what they look like? I've...
  20. Engine Cover

Ah right, I take it you mean this engine cover? Looks to clear the intake at the back
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.