Search results

1. rocket_26_

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

That colour looks great on the Cupra. In other pictures I had seen it look a lot darker. That looks similar to the Sepang Blue I have on my S3.
  2. rocket_26_

Cupra v Golf R

When I ordered my Cupra, the choice was between the Cupra and a S3 Sportback (basically the same as a Golf R) . I went with the best deal at the time. I never looked at a Golf R to be honest. I probably could have got one for less a month than my Cupra thanks to strong residuals at the time...
  3. rocket_26_

Mk3 Leon Cupra 1/4 mile times

In my opinion a stock manual could just get into the 13's but it would have to be a good launch. I reckon mine would do a 13.5 with a good launch and with the supersports on but mines dsg. A mapped manual may squeak into the 12's at pod but it woukdnt be easy because of the launch.
  4. rocket_26_

LOL. Thanks Ben, I have that vid as well. To be fair it was a crap 60ft time which makes the 1/4 mile time even more impressive.
  5. rocket_26_

My standard 280 DSG ran a 13.7 @105.5 at Pod back in September. I have sunroof and 5 doors too.
  6. rocket_26_

Manual or DSG?
  7. rocket_26_

Test driving a Seat Leon Cupra 280 DSG 5-door tomorrow..

Its unfortunate the Cupra wasn't for you but its not going to be for everyone. The RS will always sound much better in my opinion and its no surprise you found the performance weak as yours is modified as well as the fact a DSG Cupra is effortless and refined. I'm into month 13 in my DSG...
  8. rocket_26_

Your 0-60?

Agreed. I was testing for rolling performance with the racelogic , just so happens it clocks the 0-60. I'm more interested in 30-100 or 60-100.
  9. rocket_26_

Your 0-60?

That's a quick time, I'm guessing mapped.
  10. rocket_26_

Your 0-60?

They have much better traction than the bridgestones in the wet and dry to be fair.
  11. rocket_26_

Your 0-60?

My times were with the bridgestones, now have PSS's. I'm not fussed about 0-60 to be fair, I have not done a standing start in 9 months.
  12. rocket_26_

Your 0-60?

All runs I have recorded ranged from 5.5 to 5.9using a VBOX with a fuel tank of fuel.
  13. rocket_26_

Bye Bye 280

Although I have had no issues with traction with my 280, several others have so I can believe you have experienced that. However I am finding the above comment hard to believe. I owned my Mk2 Cupra for four years and it was no way near as good my Mk3.
  14. rocket_26_

2nd time lucky? Back in the Cupra 280 club

I am pleased you have got another Cupra having read your positive reviews prior to what happened with the last one. I think the roof is well worth the money and improves the look of the car. I've had mine 11 months now and still love it.
  15. rocket_26_

mk3 Leon headlight conversion to LED.

I love the LED's on my Cupra, they look good too.
  16. rocket_26_

Whats the leon 280 really like?

Like Simonali I also have had Michelin Super Sports fitted to the front recently. They make a huge difference mainly in poor conditions, they also ride better and are quieter. I have covered 10k miles in my Cupra in 11months now, and although there have been some traction issues in poor...
  17. rocket_26_

Are people happy with their Cupra ?

Yeah that is a rip off, I got quoted 170 initially. I managed to get it for £99 in the end which I thought was fair. My dealer has been superb from the start to be honest. Had a couple of niggles with the car which have been promptly sorted under warranty.
  18. rocket_26_

wheel tramp, banging, thumping.

I had this fitted to Mk2 Cupra and it was better. When stage 1 I only really got wheel spin, not so much wheel hop. First time I experienced wheel hop/tramp/banging was in my first Clio 182 when I floored it in the wet. Horrible sound.
  19. rocket_26_

Are people happy with their Cupra ?

I have this also. It seems to be normal for this engine as the Golfs do this as well from what I read on their forum.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise