Search results

1. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Hi Jim, sorry I've taken a while to respond. I would try and follow the details that I have posted as I was in exactly the same position as you mate. Everntually after the letter to higher up the chain I 'only' had to pay a minimal amount VS the £7500 that I was having to spend at the start! A...
  2. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Had car back for 10days, drives just like I remember it did :) and MUCH better than that picanto piece of poop courtesy car. Got a 2 year warranty on engine and the new updated tensioner,chain etc put in. Only thing I wasn't happy about was the fact it wasn't tidied up or hoovered? Thought for...
  3. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Fantastic news......... That email to Mr Griggs has now got me 75% parts & Labour! So £1370 all in for a spanking new motor with a 2 year warranty. Thank you to those that have helped, my faith in seat uk has been restored (to an extent), I'm getting my car back working and a huge thanks to Mr...
  4. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Thanks for the support guys, sxi20vt that is BRILLIANT news my friend... I am composing an email to Mr Griggs now :D Mark
  5. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

So I guess it's off to an independent garage to get fixed (SEAT/Cossie/Scooby/Mitsi Rally prep guy said it was 'a piece of piss to fix' and 'what a joke they want £6k, bring it to me') s I'm hopeful. Thank you very much SEAT I will NOT be purchasing another branded car ever again, should have...
  6. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Response from customer services... Dear Thank you for your e-mail regarding your case with SEAT Customer Services. I was sorry to read that you believe that little empathy has been shown in relation to your case. I am very familiar with your case and the situations resulting in the failed...
  7. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Update.... No more goodwill. Here was my email to customer services... SEAT LEON FR Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) I am writing with regard to the very disappointing response I have received from SEAT UK related to the known catastrophic engine fault I have suffered. I own a SEAT...
  8. unyonion

Common Leon MK2 Problem Log

Timing chain tensioner failure... not massively common yet (seen 12 through research on golf mk 6 forum and couple of others, but is known defect and has a tsb) Complete engine failure, 6k Bill for new engine of my fr tsi 59 plate, 33k miles. basically tensioner pin releases/snaps from force...
  9. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Complained and now offered, 30% contribution so £3600 for me to pay??? 30% of 6240 doesn't equal that? Oh well, still not happy so will be chasing up with evidence of "not fit for purpose"
  10. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Anyone with what would be best to do for a written complaint with evidence of seat knowing about the fault Etc. Would be great to have so I can put as much detail as possible to support my claim. Guys going into golf no6 forum would be an idea as well if anyone could direct me if they know a...
  11. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Now I am always up for a laugh but the phone call I had yesterday was just PURE comedy value........ £6420 No goodwill Fan f'in tastic!!
  12. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Car is at dealership, bought from Bmw as swap for my 3 series. Had good dealings with the dealership on warranty and services before so on good terms. Will fight for as much as I can, hopefully it will come back to me soon as been a week.
  13. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Hi, car done 32k 4yrs 1 month old, does 6 miles to nursery and 3to work by my wife, no noises of loose chain or anything what so ever so bit of a shock!!.. Seat Kidderminster have sent off to uk/Spain where ever for 'goodwill' (not holding my breath) takes... 6 days for reply, no courtesy cars...
  14. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Ok update, independant garage had spent 6 hours taking apart, diagnosed the hydraulic tensioner was to blame, it had slipped (for no apparent reason) and then one tooth had snapped off and two ground a little, the inlet camshaft had slipped due to no tension and a couple of teeth had ground...
  15. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

It is indeed a 211bhp tsi petrol, MJ they have done a compression check and 0 on all cylinders, guess my valves are like wet spaghetti now then! Marshall sounds exactly like my issue, I rang seat for a second opinion and they said "it could be low oil pressure on the hydraulic tensioner" so...
  16. unyonion

huge issue on 59 fr

Hi, could I get some help please... 59 plate petrol fr, revision model 30k miles. Upon trying to start car I got clunking and hollow sound like when you have no plugs in cylinders and turn it over. Sort of started with a diesel sounding noise then went off after a few seconds. AA called and...
  17. unyonion

Leon 59 plate ICE question

Haha according to my research... I think I'll go try out my touch screen that I didn't realise I had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a dumb ass!!!!!!!!!!
  18. unyonion

Leon 59 plate ICE question

The lead is the oem lead purchased from mini Stafford 2 years ago, maybe its been changed since then? But this lead works absolutely fine in my FR... I have an RNS 310 as far as I can tell. PS - The lead I got from flea bay would output music but not the control.
  19. unyonion

Rns 510 in my kn2 leon

Cool I'll see if I can get the exact model soon, just looking for a pic of the rear of the unit or schematic for the connectors etc. to see what I can do for ICE.
  20. unyonion

Rns 510 in my kn2 leon

Yeah defo not that one... mines got 3 buttons either side and the SD card slot on the left vertically.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.