Search results

1. jmh0804

Cupra 290 brake upgrade?

So as above 280/290 brake upgrades? I'll be visiting the ring later in the year so looking to replace these with something a bit more sturdy. Other than EBC, what other brands have people put to the test? Ultimately it's not a racing car so something that finds it self in the middle...
  2. jmh0804

Rolling Road Day, South East

Evening All. I'm going to set up a RR day in the SE, this will be either at: Surrey Rolling Road http://www.surreyrollingroad.co.uk/ Or JKM http://www.jkm.org.uk/performance/index.htm Typically run as 10 cars or more. I'm not a brand queen so if you have friends with other makes...
  3. jmh0804

Full link.

If you watch the video's SEAT have realised on full link they keep going on about "SEAT drive app" I'm currently on iPhone 6. And I cannot find the app that supposedly gives me all these wonderful features with in the AppStore. I've looked on the Seat website and on mirror link. And guess...
  4. jmh0804

VWR Springs. Cupra.

Who's got VWR springs? I've got a 290 and I've been debating getting them long before having the car. Wondered if you had before and after pictures. And if anyone could comment on the ride and everyday practicality. I don't want to impact on clearance and ride is my issue.
  5. jmh0804

Nav system high. WLAN

Anyone with an iPhone and nav high model year 16 made any sense of wlan? I can get my iPhone 6 to connect to it. I can't actually find the car on my phone. Or the phone on my car Help greatly recieved Full link isn't all it's cracked up to be. Doesn't or as of yet play video from you tube.
  6. jmh0804

Cupra 290 collection

So. Cupra 290 is here. Two lots of options missing. Seat sound and safety pack 2 missing. What do you do? I don't want to wait for another car. And I don't know about discounts yet. So annoyed. At this point it's dealer and factory problem based. But the whole process has been a...
  7. jmh0804

Modification satisfaction

so after some time away I'm finally back in a cupra. (Slow build and delivery dates) I'm in a 290 5dr for mods it's relevant too. But what have you done or had done that's given you most satisfaction? Fire away
  8. jmh0804

280/90 insurance

For arguments sakes. Cupra 280 insurance who do you all use? My 290 has just arrived
  9. jmh0804

Seat sound. Upgraded?

So I've had Seat's best efforts at a sound system in the Leon previously. With the new car imenent I'm wondering who's upgraded any parts of the system? I've order seat sound with nav high. I'm thinking about getting it booked in for a custom sub mounted in the side of the wheel well...
  10. jmh0804

290 order dates.

Let me start by saying this is a topic of debate about the power or lack of power difference in 280/290 model. Is anyone else waiting to order the later 290 spec. The dealer still hasn't come up with any further info therefore I'm still waiting for the later model to be released. I wondered...
  11. jmh0804

Bucket seats - talk to me

So doubting my self again I'm looking at options. Bucket seats - who's got them? Rate them? Hate them? I don't want to get them and be pissed when they're uncomfortable in daily use. I'm coming from a fr to a Cupra but unsure whether to spec the seats. Help me!? I'm not worried...
  12. jmh0804

Options

So I'm in the position again where I'm looking at optional extra's I've added everything bar reversing camera. In the grande scheme of things £200 isn't much. Does anyone here have it? What's your thoughts. Should I just bite the bullet and buy it? Views welcomed
  13. jmh0804

VWR upgrades

Struggling getting any results out of VWR. Please can someone anyone guide me on pricing for the lowering springs they offer on the 280? What did you pay for yours? And anyone running the air intake? I was thinking of getting the springs fitted at the local stealer? No arguments...
  14. jmh0804

Optional extra's nav-high

Afternoon I've got a Cupra on order and I wanted to change the stereo for the high res screen and 10gb memory model. I've call to do so and apparently the car is to close to the production date to make changes. Anyone here able to comment on the better resolution unit is it worth...
  15. jmh0804

Cupra 280 modifications.

So the time has come. I've been umming, ahhing and pondering thoughts on ordering a cupra for a while. I bought a 1.8tsi manual fr just over a year ago. This is a fantastic car and as a result I've now factory ordered a cupra 280 which will be with me for mid November. So my first mod...
  16. jmh0804

Tyre pressure

Evening all. So I've got a Leon SC. it's got the titanium pack alloys. 225/40/18's What pressure do people run front and rear My last health check. The tyre was thinner in the middle so clearly I'm over inflating them. Thoughts?
  17. jmh0804

Removal of wax from trims

Afternoon all. As the title says - I have some wax on the black trims of my car and its driving me insane. Everything I do seems to hide it for a short time rather then remove it. Anyone have a sure fix solution? I don't fancy wiping my urine over the back of the car. and the peanut...
  18. jmh0804

180 fr coilovers.

Morning all. I've been avoiding doing this but the time has come. Ive got a 2013 Leon SC FR 180. I'm wanting to bring the ride height down it's just too high. I dont want it sat on the floor and I don't want to banish all levels of ride comfort. So firstly. has anyone here done the same...
  19. jmh0804

Window/door leaks?

Morning all. I've had an issue with my passenger window leaking water. when i wash the car i can the build op of water working its way in. After nights of heavy rain there's a water trail down the inside of the window and usually drips on the seat and hight adjust lever. (this has been...
  20. jmh0804

1.8tsi start up noise

Evening all. Since owning my Leon the noise on a cold start up has some what annoyed me. Its like the mk4 golf days of the starter motor not disengaging. The car has been in at the dealer today and I've ask that this noise be looked at/corrected. They just called me and said the other work...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.