Search results

1. Cupra to 1.4 EcoTSI.. regret?

Thinking about swapping my Cupra in for an SC 1.4 EcoTSI DSG. I don't use the car often and when I do its short journeys, but I do like the point and squirt power when I drive. Will I regret it? :happy: I came from a 211PS MK2 FR DSG and that was completely adequate for the road and I felt the...
  2. Warrantywise have actually come up with the goods (Cracked Pump)

I found out I had a cracked waterpump/coolent leak (2015 Cupra). Apparently it's a known issue and there is an updated pump now (Never seen the issue on here before though). It seems to be alot more common on the S3s for some reason...
  3. Discs/Pads

Eurocarparts are 45% off for the week and I'm looking at front discs and pads. Am I right in thinking the Pagids are pretty much the same as OEM's? Brembo discs are a bit cheaper than Pagid, but Pagid pads are quite alot cheaper than Brembo. Got a few quotes for garage job and the parts...
  4. Fuel tank reading delayed?!

I put some fuel in before and when I opened the cap some pressure came out of the fuel tank. (It is really hot and I guess its something to do with that? But its never happened with any car in the past.) I put fuel in and got back in... My trip and fuel gauge hadn't changed at all. (Fuel...
  5. Drive Profile Settings Guide

Guide now located in the new resources section of the site https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/resources/drive-profile-settings-guide.69/
  6. Picked up a Cupra today, few questions..

The weather has been terrible so I've not even driven it properly or further than about 2 miles yet. I know the Cupra pretty much comes with everything standard, the ad said it also had options: Seat sound pack, winter pack and upgraded metallic paint. What actually is the winter pack? And...
  7. Anbody go from MK2 FR 2.0TSI to MK3 1.8TSI?

Hi, I'm looking at maybe doing the switch and wonder how the SC 3 door 1.8 is compared to the 2.0. The 0-60 times are very similar but the 1.8 has quite a bit less torque. Interested to hear peoples opinions. Also how is the 7 speed DSG in the Leon? I remember they had troubles with the 7...
  8. High mileage Cupra, when to start expecting repairs?

Any big bills expected 60k+? Can the adaptive dampers and diff get any issues with costly repairs? Looking at stepping up to one and can't find anything online about people running the higher mileage ones. Most probably because there isn't that many yet I guess.
  9. Diverter Valve question..

Is there a way of knowing what DV your car has without actually physically looking? Like production month/year etc?
  10. Getting to the air filter..

Stupid question but what are the screws that you have to get out to change your air filter? It looks like a philips screwdriver can get them out but none I have fit.
  11. Rear Shocks

I've found some Sach's shocks for £80 a piece, but also came across Bilstein's for £50, is it worth paying a bit more for the Sach's?
  12. Bluefin offer for 2.0TSI Leon FR

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/engine-performance-upgrades/car/seat/leon-05-on-fr/2012/2-0-turbo/superchips-bluefin-tuning-handset-increase-of-44-bhp-and-73-nm-seat-leon-fr-2-0-tsi-211ps £323 for stage 1 with reversible map seems a bargain.. Not far off half the price of Revo/APR...
  13. OEM Leon FR exhaust price?

Does anybody know the price of the later 2.0TSI FR's cat back exhaust? Trying to gauge what a used one is worth.
  14. 2.0 TSI Timing chain tensioner info

I remember reading somewhere that cars 12 plate on onwards had updated tensioners. But I can't seem to find it now. I found an American VW TSB online saying all engines affected 08-13, although it says CCTA and CBFA codes, mine is CCZB. Does anybody have the proper info/links to the facts...
  15. Wind noise and creaking from front windows

I keep randomly getting wind noise come through the closed driver's window. Also I get a random tapping/creaking noise coming from both front windows, I thought it was the seat belt holders on the pillar but If you put the window down a bit it stops. Are my window seals knackered or is...
  16. TFSI exhausts are straight fit onto TSI?

Am I right in thinking the Mk5 TFSI GTI, MK2 Phase 1 Leon TFSI FR/Cupra and MK2 phase 2 Cupra exhaust will fit on my TSI FR?
  17. 2.0 TSI gobbling oil

Does everybody else's TSI's use up alot of oil? I bought my car in Aug 2014 and it had been serviced in the July. I've had the oil warning come up with the dipstick at minimum level 3 times, I've only done about 6.5k miles in it. I got an oil flush with a service last August and since...
  18. Leon FR TSI Remus vs Milltek

Which is better?! :confused: All the vids I can find are TFSI FR's with it on and not the TSI's, not sure if that makes a difference in sound? Even though the same Milltek exhaust fits both I think. (http://www.awesomegti.com/car/seat/leon1p/milltek-cat-back-options-seat-leon-2-0tfsi-fr)...
  19. Anybody else had this DSG glitch?

When I'm overriding the gearbox with the paddles, sometimes when clicking the upshift paddle it drops the gear down even if its out of the gear range so it sounds like my gearbox is going to explode. :blink:
  20. Does the MK2 Leon have an in cabin sound generator?

The car makes a completely different noise inside with the windows up under hard acceleration so I'm guessing it does. I've only seen one online article mentioning it though, anybody know for sure?!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.