Search results

1. Rocco R Winter Tyres

Ok, so following your advice, I've had a look at some spacers... If im honest, the prices that I've found thus far seem rather ridiculous - £160, for 4 small pieces of metal? :confused: Not sure I can justify them for that price. (Saving up for a mortgage atm, so forgive me if I seem...
  2. Rocco R Winter Tyres

the only problem is that the scirocco has an offset of Et41, where as standard leon / golf alloys are ET51 if im not mistaken? This would force me to fit spacers to compensate for the difference if I were to fit oem 17 inch alloys. Will they alter the stability of the car? Sent from my...
  3. Rocco R Winter Tyres

Sorry to be posting a question in relation to a Scirocco and not a Leon :ban: However, I feel that I will receive a more speedy and positive answer from you car gurus ;) Anyway, as the title says - I'm looking to purchase winter tyres for my Scirocco R. If I'm being totally honest, I have...
  4. Saying farwell to the leon

Thanks for the replies so far guys! Al, you will have to keep me updated with your car situation - It will be interesting to see what you go for next I'm sure whatever it is, she will be a beauty. ;)
  5. Saying farwell to the leon

Sorry for the slow reply, been a very hectic weekend with lots of driving involved. I've not had a chance to get many pics, so I will upload the only decent one I have at the moment. Oh and response to you Al, I went for the manual - When I test drove a car equipped with DSG, I felt detached...
  6. Saying farwell to the leon

Yep, the Leon is going after 3 years of ownership - I must say, it served me extremely well never a squeak nor squeal. However I decided that I would like to have a change, so I went and bought myself a 2010 Scirocco R! The car should arrive tomorrow, so some pictures will follow shortly. I hope...
  7. Audi TTS to Leon FR DSG - Town driving Shocking Economy

Hi there and welcome to the forum ;) First off you haven't stated what size / type of engine your FR has, so I'll assume that its a 2.0tsi (petrol). Going by other peoples posts on the forum in regard to general fuel economy I would say that there seems to be something wrong if you are getting...
  8. roc R

Whilst i was looking at the scirocco's, I realised that everyone gt spec & above I.e. Roc R etc all come standard with the RCD 510 which unfortunately does not include Sat nav, however it is practically a straight swap with the RNS 510 which does include sat nav (bit more pricey).
  9. Cupra vs Cupra R Insurance

Nope Al, I'm far to indecisive for my own good. I know the better option in regard to money saving for my daily commute is a diesel, but I change my mind daily as I'd love to experience something with a bit more power. If I can arrange a car share with some of the fellow brochers at my work then...
  10. Cupra vs Cupra R Insurance

For some strange and unknown reason, it would be cheaper for me to insure a 2011 265 BHP Cupra r vs the standard 2011 Cupra. This baffles me, could any of you guys shed some light on the topic? A saving of almost 200 quid on the Cupra R.
  11. Saying bye to the leon

Insurance for the diesel is significantly cheaper, the road tax cheaper, also the scirocco is strange in the sense that the 2.0tdi is cheaper to the alternative 2.0tsi as this isnt usually the case with other cars. The main factor is the high increase in mpg over the petrol car. Sent from my...
  12. Saying bye to the leon

Why is that steve? Id rather have the 2.0tsi petrol if truth be told, but I could not justify the £1000 extra a year that it would entail. Unfortunately with the mileage I cover, the diesel makes more sense. Supposedly the diesel 170 can be remapped to 210-215 bhp without any problems, which...
  13. Saying bye to the leon

Trust me Betty, I have nothing against the leon and certainly do not consider myself to be a "badge snob". My decision is purely based upon my personal taste, when i first got my leon, the scirocco was not a viable option due to the price. However I do still love the curved looks of the leon but...
  14. Saying bye to the leon

After much deliberation, endless searching and reviewing of various cars, I have decided to leave the seat behind. In my search for a new car worthy of providing me with a bit of oomph but also having a nice driver environment for my daily commute to work. I have to decided to go with a 2.0...
  15. Horrbile Seats

All the leon FR's (+) seem to be missing the FR logo on the seat, have a look for yourself on autotrader...
  16. Horrbile Seats

I was under the impression that from 11 onwards, the FR's lost the FR embroidery no? Although my opinion is purely judged on pictures I have seen whilst browsing the internet for a new car. I'd really like a 2.0 Tsi FR + (DSG) however all of the ones I like seem to have the two tone seats and...
  17. Horrbile Seats

Why oh why did seat have to go all crazy on the facelift leon fr seats? I'm having trouble finding a leon with a normal set of seats, rather than the red + black & Black + white combos. Am I the only one who finds these colour choices hideous? (Sorry for the misspelling of the title)
  18. Time For a change

it wouldn't be a brand new car al. I also liked the astra gtc in particular the bi-turbo model, but I can't decide whether that is as well equipped as the new gen seat Leon fr. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  19. Time For a change

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but i thought the prior discussion was appropriate. I have decided to shun the idea of getting an Astra GTC bi-turbo, the money is quite a substantial amount and over 5 years I'd probably want a change. However this is not the case with the leon, I've...
  20. Time For a change

Thanks for the information TarekElsakka, I agree with you. I think I have made up my mind, this car wouldn't be a short term purchase and for that reason, I don't really think the depreciation will influence my purchase. One thing I will miss - these forums! I cant seem to find any Vauxhall...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.