Search results

1. SubZero

P0501 Vehicle Speed Sensor

Update: Dealer diagnosed and replaced the Engine Speed Sensor aka crank sensor. Problem sorted. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  2. SubZero

Garage thought it was engine mountings, had the rear and ns mountings changed, but still doing the same thing; car is jerking when taking foot off the throttle, and can hear something knocking just behind the dash. The EML light is still on and P0501 error code returns a little while after being...
  3. SubZero

EML fault no symptoms

You need to download it through the Google Play Store, I believe that's the only legitimate source. Other sites are basically distributing copies of the app without the owners permission... There is a free version (Torque Lite) in the store, so try that and support the developer if you like it :)
  4. SubZero

Thanks. I don't think it will be wiring related, may need to replace the sensor. Will get the garage to check/clean. Any idea of approximate cost to supply/fit?
  5. SubZero

Driving along, press the clutch to change gear and the car seems to jerk. To eliminate the clutch, though let's see what happens when keeping the clutch engaged, but letting off the throttle; again the car jerks, as if it's undergoing some harsh engine braking. A few miles later, the EML comes...
  6. SubZero

Engine Cooling Fans

As far as I know both fans run, either at slow speed or fast speed. If only one works at slow speed, but both at fast speed, this would indicate incorrect wiring of the resistor mod. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  7. SubZero

LED sidelights??

+1 :)
  8. SubZero

obd bluetooth

Done a couple of runs in my stock 04 LCR, was getting around 7.6 seconds... Probably could hit the factory figures of 6.9 if I took out the spare and all the junk in the boot. Oh and if I somehow reduced the mileage by about 118k... :shrug:
  9. SubZero

What tyres for LCR

The Pirelli P-Zero's are great for grip although around £125 per corner...
  10. SubZero

New Midlands Member

Welcome mate, plenty of us from Birmingham here ;)
  11. SubZero

Gearbox Problems :cry:

:rolleyes: Had the same problem, described here. Wasn't as expensive as first assumed to fix. And yeah it seems to have occurred to a lot of 2004 reg LCR's. :think:
  12. SubZero

List your favourite cheap mod

Cherry flavour California Car Scents, about £3... :)
  13. SubZero

URGENT!!! Noisey 3rd gear

I had the very same problem, and this was how mine was fixed :)
  14. SubZero

Engine Cooling Fans

Thermoswitch or also known as the radiator fan switch. Costs about £12 for the part. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Radiator-Fan-Temperature-Switch-Seat-Please-Check-Fitment-/300632173779?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ALeon&hash=item45ff12ecd3
  15. SubZero

Gearbox issues

Yeah it was included mate, £340 to diagnose and repair :)
  16. SubZero

What's in your Boot ?

Boot Liner 2 sets of jump leads(?) Five-a-side footy gear Newspaper which helps when transporting dirty equipment (excluding the neighbours wife). Hooded jacket As well as the usual spare wheel+kit
  17. SubZero

Gearbox issues

I had this exact problem after having my my gearbox casing shimmed. You guys think we should take them back and have them overfilled by 1L, or do we need to use higher quality oil?
  18. SubZero

2002 lcr

Mines approaching 120k and the car still drives mint as it was used mostly on the motorways by the previous owner. Low owners, with a fully documented history needs to be a minimum. There's a brilliant buyers guide in the FAQ section which will help you spot the lemons :thumbup:
  19. SubZero

LCR erratic coolant temperature

Plus an hour labour if you wanted to take it to a garage.
  20. SubZero

What else is there?

Someone will have to clarify this. My slow speed doesn't work either at the moment, but the fast speed only activates if the temp gauge is close to 90°C when I turn on the AC, so I assume the same would apply for slow speed? Take it for a short drive and allow it to warm up, and then test them...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.