Search results

1. smiffymk3

I know this gets asked a lot but Coilovers, what ones to buy ?

Can get some budget FK coilys for around £200. Beyond that for this price you're kinda limited to 'eBay brands'
  2. smiffymk3

Parts Nightmare!

cheers, I've done just that! fingers crossed.
  3. smiffymk3

Parts Nightmare!

Hi guys, Pretty lame questions so bear with me...I'm trying to get hold of a coolant pipe that runs from the secondary coolant pump to a coolant housing above the gearbox. Part number is 6k0 121 088 ASM don't have one Europarts/Auto parts don't recognise it GSF don't recognise it Can't...
  4. smiffymk3

jerking

fixed - was the inner cv on the driveshaft
  5. smiffymk3

jerking

going to have to retract one of my previous comments. just noticed that if i do dip the clutch/take it out of gear it seems to stop. im now thinking along the lines of dual mass flywheel issue. thoughts?
  6. smiffymk3

jerking

ah. back to square one then!
  7. smiffymk3

jerking

that could be my problem then, during my poke around earlier there was definitely nothing on the driveshaft itself
  8. smiffymk3

jerking

just seen this on ebay... on the far left at the hub end there appears to be some sort of weight. is this normal? only mine doesn't have that! im wondering now if thats the problem!
  9. smiffymk3

jerking

Does it with both clutch in and out
  10. smiffymk3

jerking

It feels like something's out of balance i.e. if you had a flat spot on the wheel or driveshaft spinning off-centre. Just curious about the spacers, seeing as their shitty billy boy ones off ebay if they were knocking the wheel out of balance, not sure if anyones had the same thing before
  11. smiffymk3

jerking

Hey Only really noticed this the other day in traffic....my car seems to be jerking (particularly on overrun under 2k rpm in 2nd gear) when driving. Mostly noticeable under heavy throttle/around 2k rpm in 2nd. No fault memories/drops in boost so seems to be a running gear issue. Had a...
  12. smiffymk3

I want a mrk3 cupra

i look on ebay daily (just cos i can) at cupras, typical second hand mileage is around 80-95k. managed to get mine on 59k! theres a few tasty ones on the bay at the moment. i tend to filter the search with 'newly listed' and 'used' categories.
  13. smiffymk3

Tool for removing head bolts

multi spline sockets. head bolts are m12 i believe
  14. smiffymk3

misfire from cold & hesitant...no fault codes

problem solved, was a dodgy MAF. thanks for the replies and a special thanks to Berg!
  15. smiffymk3

misfire from cold & hesitant...no fault codes

Hi! Car suffers from a pretty bad misfire when starting from cold, and under full throttle it feels pretty hesitant....boost gauge shows normal boost but the car feels like its being held back. unplugged the MAF and all is well! misfire gone, boost back....just find it slightly odd that...
  16. smiffymk3

seat airbags>?!

if you know someone with vag com, they can be disabled...i had the same issue with mine when i put full leathers in form a golf vr6 if you put it through vag com as a mk4 golf, theres an option in convenience system for disabling airbags. run through that and disable them and then when you...
  17. smiffymk3

Cant find TDC

is this done now or do you still need help? :P
  18. smiffymk3

Noise under load

sounds boost related to me. possibly a pipe slightly come off or even a knackered spring in your dv
  19. smiffymk3

where to get a wing mirror

as above, take this as an opportunity to make improvements!! theres a thread on here somewhere (search 'stubby mirror') where a guy posts what to search on german ebay. i bought one for 55 quid, it arrived less than a week later and looks so much better
  20. smiffymk3

handbrake light flashing and beeping

does the handbrake light flash and beep 3 times on start up and the abs light is on constant? if so from experience (coming from 6n polos) you may have a faulty abs control module. get your fault memorys checked
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.