Search results

1. O/S rear door

Ok, 57-plate Leon. Lovely car in almost every way. Just coming up to it's 10th birthday with just over 140k miles now. I've owned it for 7 years and put 70k miles on it. Very few issues to date. Now it has suddenly developed a major problem with the o/s rear door. It simply will not open at...
  2. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Replaced both rear hubs (due to ABS wheel speed sensor fault on right rear). Decided that whilst stripping the thing down to replace hubs I might as well replace discs and pads too. Completed all of this in just under 2.5 hours on my drive at home. Was concerned that I might struggle with the...
  3. Anyone know how to remove the door lock mechanism/module?

Forget VAGCOM on this pain in the ass door lock issue. Unfortunately it seems to be an inherent problem with these and randomly strikes. Mine started on left-rear door ages ago. We rarely carry anyone in rear so it was not a big issue but when I got some time out of work recently I decided...
  4. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Replaced the n/s/r door lock module that did not allow the door to be opened from the outside. Got second-hand part (1P0839015) @ £50 from local breakers. Took about 45 minutes in total to fit. Jobs a good 'un :clap:
  5. 288mm / 312mm brake pads

I'd be very interested to hear about the difference between the 288/312 pads. The calipers are identical (as far as I can tell) so I'd guess that the only likely difference between the pad sets would be material rather than dimensional. Hopefully someone knows and will put me/us out of our...
  6. GUIDE: Mk2 Leon Brakes - Info, Upgrades, and Maintanance.

Front disc and pad swap is very straightforward. You will likely need to piston retracting tool but that's the only 'special' tool needed. Calipers can remain hydraulically connected whilst being unbolted from the carrier/hub. I'd guess that with calipers and discs off the backplate will be...
  7. Brakes...

The 288mm and 312mm use the same calipers (just different carriers and discs) so therefore same pads. :)
  8. Awesome Gti remaps

Yep. My Reference Sport TDi 140bhp is running an Awesome map. A really nice improvement over standard. Oodles more torque and more power. Improved fuel consumption too. Mines not been on the rollers but, by all accounts, this remap bumps the 140 up to around 170. No regrets.
  9. MOT Fail

Went with standard OEM replacement. Those that came off were daubed with 2 purple/pink splodges and 2 yellow splodges of paint and the new one supplied via TPS were marked the same. Part number is 1K0511115FL which retail at £67.06 (+ VAT) each.
  10. MOT Fail

An hour and half including test drive. Pi$$ed it. Did n/s first and took about 40 mins as I was to-ing and fro-ing into the garage to get the required tools, o/s was only about 25 mins probably. Then 10 mins tidying up tools and washing hands before a 10 min test drive and now here...
  11. MOT Fail

I've a decent floor jack so there shouldn't be a new widow created tomorrow :D Well not in my little corner of Stoke anyway.........if I don't get back on here to tell you all about how it went then don't mourn me, I've had a good life :whistle:
  12. MOT Fail

Ordered a pair thru TPS so will pick them up and fit tomorrow morning. MOT retest booked for Monday so hopefully all goes smoothly. The TPS guy specc'ed them from my registration number so they should be the right ones. Cheers - will let you know how I get on.........
  13. MOT Fail

:cry::cry: Broken rear spring...... Just a couple of questions of those who know. Firstly, the car is a Mk2 Leon Sport with 140bhp TDi. I have noted that the ride is very firm so I presume that the springs are different on the Sport vs a non-Sport Leon? Any pointers gratefully received...
  14. Diesel Owners

Wife drives hers to and from work 3 days per week from Stoke to Horwich. A50, A500, M6, M62, M60, M61 and she's seriously pissed off when the trip mileage plus distance to empty dips below 800 miles :( Apart from her commute she does a bit of local stuff in it. It's a 140PS Reference Sport...
  15. 2011 Winter Tyres - What are you opting for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9OkURLNO2k These tyres seem decent ............ to say the least. :D
  16. Speedo

So you're running at an indicated 140mph already and now looking to go faster? And as an afterthought you might consider throwing some new brakes at your car? Well what a waste that is ............ you do realise that the brakes only make the thing slow down don't you? :whistle:
  17. Cam belt change interval

Good news :D Previous owner had it changed at 56k. I'm good for another 2 plus years, hurrah.
  18. Cam belt change interval

What's the definitive word on cambelt change interval on 2.0 TDi lump? I thought it was recommended at 60k miles but have now been advised that 80k is the spec :shrug: It's in a 57 plate Leon Reference Sport (not that it should make any real difference). Bought car at 69k miles and, as it had...
  19. Mk 2 leon car matts

http://www.ambassadorcarmats.co.uk/products/fitted-car-mats/seat These are definitely worth a look. No connection other than being a satisfied customer.
  20. Some pics of her i took today! Had her 2 weeks now! Vinyled last night!

Looks very much like the car that nearly ran me over in Tesco (Longton, Stoke) car park last weekend. :whistle:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise