Search results

1. 2005 BKD issues

Am having a couple of issues with my05 altea sport 2.0tdi 140. The heater / ac it's the one with the knobs. Is only working in full power . Is there a known fix for this. The engine light is continually coming on its a code linking to the maf sensor but I swapped the maf with another and...
  2. Seat altea wipers

Hi The wipers on my seat altea are not returning to their normal position and are in the service position when off. Anyone know how to get them to return to normal, where they retract to the side.
  3. Audi A3 Sportback seats into Altea

My seat's are looking a bit past it, so was looking through a breakers yard and came across an A3 Sportback would the seats fit the altea? front and rear ?
  4. noise when turning steering wheel

There is a groan from my engine when I turn the steering wheel left or right, its like a pulley or something is loose, i cant investigate it as ive no facilities to do so. I know the altea has electroinc steering but does it have a belt and pulley system. Ive a 2.0 tdi with the bkd engine.
  5. 255/40/18 size tyres

Hi, I've a Altea sport with the 18s would 255/40/18 fit my wheels, they came from the factory with 225/40/18 would there be a big difference..
  6. Mk5 Gti brake pads/discs

Hi, Friend of mine is upgrading his GTI brakes will standard GTI disks and pads fit my 05 2.0TDi as his old disks only have 1000km on. all the part numbers seem to match on the websites I just want to ask the experts for a second opinion as I'm a newbie to servicing.
  7. excessive internal road/tire noise

Hey folks, Just wondering if anyone is having issues with excessive road/tire noise, I've 150,000 miles on my '05 2.0TDi Sport (mainly motorway) its running perfect, but I'm starting to get bothered with the noise that car makes. Is there anyway to insulate the car from this, would it be...
  8. Coolant change - difficulty ?

My coolant has never been changed (145k) as far as I remember, it looks fine and red, would this be a concern with the impending cold snap, do I need to add more coolant or is there some anti freeze required. would I just add VAG G12 Plus Plus, its the best out there I presume, sorry for the...
  9. 2.0TDi - 590miles out of a tank good/bad

Just checking with you guys but is 590miles out of a tank of diesel (brimmed) good car is a 2.0TDi, I granny'd it for the past week to squeeze that out of it. Car has 145k miles on it but fully serviced every 6k and I've recently replaced the air filter.. Theres nothing in the car except myself...
  10. Tyre question

Does anyone know if a 225x60x16 size tyre will fit a my altea which currently has 205x55x16 tyre on ? im thinking of putting the larger ones as a pair on the front.
  11. Preventative maintenance 2.0TDi

Ok its recently been highlighted to me how important reliability is, so as my altea is hitting 115k now I'm wondering how I could insure myself against things going wrong, hasnt missed a beat in my ownership. I don't want to wait till things go wrong so wouldn't mind getting the clutch and...
  12. Petrol in a Diesel

Having a very stressful week, so I put a little petrol in my car today I'd say about 2 - 3 liters about 3 - 4 seconds before I copped on, there was already a good bit of diesel in it - up to the first mark on the gauge and I put more diesel in up to about middle of the gauge, had to drive home...
  13. Winter V all Weather tyres

Finally got my 16in alloys to replace my summer 18's, just wondering is it better to go for full winters in our climate or all weather.
  14. How much in reserve?

I've a 2.0 Tdi, and it was reading 0 for the last bit of my journey this evening (3 miles), garage was closed at the time I've about 7 miles to do in the morning to the garage. Does anyone know if there is a reserve in these cars that would get me to the garage?
  15. New Disks

Was thinkin of getting these drilled and grooved brakes for my altea.. would they fit with the BBS 18 inch alloys. Does anyone have them on a 2.0TDi 140
  16. SEAT Altea 2.0TDi 140 - REMAP and K&N

Ok I've had my 100% reliable Altea for 3 years now and wouldnt mind upgrading it.. Looking at getting a remap to 175bhp and a K&N 57i Induction Kit fitted to my Altea. Has anyone installed the induction kit to their 2.0/1.9 does it have a negative effect on MPG. Is it possible to upgrade...
  17. 18' Chrome BBS - Replacements

Hi All, Couple of my alloys have very bad corrosion spots, the chrome lacquer is starting to peel away, and it's looking like they are not repairable from a few places I've visited. Anyone know what part number the wheels are and if they are still available. Also if they are available with a...
  18. Boost Pipe Blown Off

Hi All, Just had this issue again (page 2 of below thread) and have the rescue guys coming around in an hour. Does anyone know if this is fixable without a visit to the garage. This was never an issue until I got the belts changed, do you guys think I have a case for a free repair as its...
  19. Fluctuating Idle

Guys, my 2.0Tdi has been fluctuating at idle, is there anything I can do?
  20. Front grill options - Altea

Recently a crow took fancy to my standard SEAT badge on my front grill, unfortunately for the bird I was doing 120 at the time. Needless to say the bird came off worse, however said bird was successful in his kamikaze attempt to de-badge my altea. This leaves me with a gaping hole on the front...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.