Search results

1. carl4x4

parrot ck3100 in new FR - help

Not sure what the problem is but just to reassure you mine did it only once per trip a few seconds after turning the ignition on. After that it remained quiet until a call came in. So it is definitely fixable with the Parrot 3100
  2. carl4x4

18" BBS SEAT Sport Wheel - Cracked!

Sorry to hear about your experience, I did however read an article on another site where they were testing the Mondeo ST with 18" wheels. One of the test cars wheels cracked, in fact split all the way down the centre. I'll try & find the link now...
  3. carl4x4

So ... What's a TFSI Sport worth now?

Ouch, I'm happy to say I didn't have quite as bad an experience! all new cars loose quite a bit though :(
  4. carl4x4

If your lucky you may get within a whisker of that, I did. I swapped to a Legacy estate :)
  5. carl4x4

Getting a new FR

The tyre pressure monitor works by sensing any wheel making a substantially different time to rotate than the others when the tyre deflates. From memory when you redo the tyre pressures you're supposed to press the button for a few seconds to reset it. Different inflations make different...
  6. carl4x4

Darrell, my TFSI has now gone :( if you're considering selling I can let you know offline how much mine went for if it helps.
  7. carl4x4

1.4 Tsi

Thanks for the link Hengel, they get a bit arsey on that auto-blog website don't they? have you read the comments below the article !
  8. carl4x4

Heavy Steering after Rack Change

Have you considered taking it to another dealer? Garages who are worried about their customers knowing what they are talking about are to be avoided surely ? Not sure why the garage won't just try setting it to a lighter setting, it's not much physical work to plug it into the PC and reset a...
  9. carl4x4

Debaged grill

No, but I like the spy pics of the Altea estate. It suddenly makes a lot more sense than the Toledo...
  10. carl4x4

Heavy Steering after Rack Change

Do a search on the forum, the amount of assistance can be set by the dealer from heavy to light as it is electro-mechanical. From memory there are a number of settings. The review of the Leon Sport on www.honestjohn.co.uk even mentions it if your dealer gets awkward ! "...But if I owned...
  11. carl4x4

1.4 Tsi

There's a 1.8 TFSI ?? never spotted that in the Audi range, I wonder if it's a 16v head rather than the old 1.8 20v... Although what the heck Audi need a 1.8 and 2.0 TFSI for I don't know...
  12. carl4x4

Drivers Seat - 2.0 TDI Sport

I had this problem for ages, somehow I managed to sort out a comfy position. I think it wasn't the seat that was in the wrong place but the steering wheel was actually to high. I lowered it down a bit and it seemed a lot better. Also the lumber support doesn't make a difference to me, so I...
  13. carl4x4

Confused about locking!

Must be an FR or 2007 model thing, there's some threads about this elsewhere on this forum from a couple of months ago. No-one's car did the window auto open/close thing unless you used the key in the lock.
  14. carl4x4

Brushed Aluminium Effect Door Trim Kit

It amazes me how red those seats look in photos ! yet when you're in the car it's just a red hue on the grey seat...
  15. carl4x4

TFSI tuning

the noise difference is great isn't it :) I feel like a big kid sometimes in the Elise when I get the induction roar at about 6000 revs :) :)
  16. carl4x4

TFSI tuning

Dan, don't get me wrong induction kits are great for improving the sound of the engine, I must confess i have a closed system fitted to my Elise, purely because it transforms the sound of the car :) Induction kits used to free up horsepower in badly designed manufacturer systems which had...
  17. carl4x4

TFSI tuning

These filters can work well, but do need their own air flow to keep temps down. Dan, if your filter isn't boxed in, or have a direct air flow from a cool source then when the engine bay temps get hot it will actually have a detremental effect and perform worse than the standard one. Cool...
  18. carl4x4

Looking at getting a TDi Reference Sport

Check it has the MP3 compatable CD player...
  19. carl4x4

FR in Red - Pics anyone?

Nice pics but I have to say in black I'd be hard pushed to notice it wasn't a Sport if it drove past, you just don't see the distinguishing black bits on the front ! Never seen the rear parcel shelf storage thing, that's pretty usefull, they should have that as standard ! I think I'd buy one...
  20. carl4x4

Oil Level

If you've put too much oil in, then can't you just drain a small amount? It's a bit messy but as long as it isn't hot and you don't get it in your eyes you'll be OK.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members