Search results

1. Configurator and brochures are live

There is a new brochure (August) on the SEAT UK site. This one has a proper "blob chart" so that you can see clearly what is included or perhaps in the case of the SE what isn't included :(. 'Lowlights' of the SE, which I have on my 2011 1.2 TSi SE, are:- Heated door mirrors. Mirror in...
  2. More service confusion 1.4 TDi ST FR 16 plate

Ask the garage to confirm that it really is set for flexible service. Service due at 12000 miles sounds like it might be set for time/distance rather than flexible.
  3. How many reverse lights?

"On the 3 and 5 door you have the reverse on the left and fog on the right." No - my 2011 five door has two reverse lights and two rear fog. The three door cars have only one of each.
  4. Sat Nav Mount

My car is a 2011 and it has a fitting to take a bracket on which a satnav fits. It was necessary to order the fitting as an option at the time of purchase; and most cars came without it so there's nothing on top of the dash. More recent cars don't have the same system and I'm sure that 2013->...
  5. Configurator and brochures are live

New cars always come out with little kit and a long options list. That way they look no more expensive than the older models when in fact they are. Having said that £210 for the clever adaptive cruise control looks like a bargain - on the current Polo it costs £400! Can't see any options...
  6. Screen wash capacity

Yes, I thought 10:1 sounded a bit weak for the winter! It's OK to premix if you keep the same concentration summer and winter. I try to have it strong in winter and weak in summer and it then gets difficult since I don't know much is in there before I start to add new.
  7. Screen wash capacity

Mine has headlight wash and it's around 4.5 litres IIRC. Getting the concentration right is a real pain since you have no way of knowing how much is in there unless you run it dry. I use mostly guess work. I do have a hydrometer for testing which I got from Lidl which is a big help.
  8. 1.2 FR Error Codes

Hello Gordon, I'm afraid that I'm unable to help very much. I've never actually fixed one of these things - all I know is learnt from that SSP I mentioned above. Anyway here are a few thioughts. First of all are you able to get an error code with VCDS? - that might help. I don't know...
  9. New 1.2tsi engine

I was amazed that they were changing after only about 5 years but read somewhere that since the diesel engines had exhaust at the back and petrol had exhaust at the front they wanted them to be the same and so changed the petrol engine. Perhaps weight is a little lower with exhaust at the...
  10. What Oil To Use?

All oil gets thinner at high temperatures but oil which has two numbers (like 5W-30) is called multigrade oil in which this tendency to get runnier at high temperatures is reduced. It still gets runnier when hot, however. The numbers indicate the viscosity or lack-of-runniness with high...
  11. Soundproofing

Yes. That's quite likely; I remember reading that the Germans have smoother road surfaces than us. Still I can't say I've ever heard a boom in mine - but that is on higher profile narrower tyres. Do you mean an intermittent boom due to bumps rather than a continuous noise due to a rough...
  12. Soundproofing

I'm surprised that it's that bad. Mine is a 2011 1.2 TSi SE with the standard springs and 185-60/15 tyres. I've always reckoned it quiet; actually the quietest car I've ever had. The German AA (ADAC www.aac.de) actually measure the noise level at 130 km/h and for a car similar to mine...
  13. Space saving spare wheel question

I just looked again and there is no mention of the ST being any different! This wouldn't be the first time the brochure has been wrong though. I wouldn't worry about the weight - I bet you'd never detect a difference in mpg. Our other car is an MX-5 which has no spare wheel and the 150...
  14. Space saving spare wheel question

According to my brochure all the 1.2 TSi cars have 256 mm front discs and 232 mm rear discs. I expect the 'Connect' is the same. Why not take off wheel and measure disc with a rule? Edit - Just looked at the new brochure. The Connect is 90 PS and has 256 mm front discs and 200 mm rear drums...
  15. Space saving spare wheel question

I'd have thought that it should be fine. 175/70-14 has a rolling diameter of 300.3 mm. and 215/45-16 has a rolling diameter of 299.95 mm - so spot on. The tyre is not as wide but that is the point of a space saver. I suppose the rim offset could not be optimum but I'd doubt that is an...
  16. Lights Ibiza 6J

That warning is meant to indicate a bulb failure. When it comes on the user replaces the failed lamp and the typical user does not have access to VCDS so I'd not expect you have to clear the fault log.
  17. 1.2 FR Error Codes

Yes it is. I had an earlier version for a VW but that was in German so the Audi version is an improvement as my German is rusty! I had a look for actuators on the Web. Not a lot of luck but there were a few on Ebay - now ended - for about £75. Rather less than £800-£1000 for the whole...
  18. 1.2 FR Error Codes

It is a wastegate turbo and the electronic actuator controls the wastegate. I don't believe a VNT turbo has a wastegate. A good description can be found in SSP485 of 2010 which clearly shows how the actuator controls the wastegate. Any calibration is done on the car after the actuator is...
  19. 1.2 FR Error Codes

Why is that? The actuator, V465, controls the wastegate and the manifold pressure is monitored by G31. Surely then the ECU will adjust the wastegate until the desired pressure is reached and that can be done independently of the exact turbo characteristics. What's more some early cars had a...
  20. Car Warning Light

The effect is the same. If the lamp fails it does not draw any current and the car detects this and turns on the warning. LEDs draw far less than current than filament lamps and so the warning has come on. You need to stop those LED lamps from being monitored by the lamp failure detect system...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.