Search results

1. fzq gearbox

Fml is a gearbox that would be suitable to use
  2. What rubber do we use to wrap our rim?

1: LCR 2004 BAM Engine 2:vredestein sessanta all round. 3: Excellent grip in the dry and wet. Last time I replaced them I paid £89 per corner from camskill. I suppose it depends on how the car is driven to comment on last ability but I only do about 6-7k per year and half of the miles are...
  3. Uneven tyre wear....WHY?

Check alignment. The solid beams seem to be common for having tyre wear issues on the rear. Alignment check would confirm is something is bent
  4. cold starting issues and boosting

Mine recently was lumpy and misfiring when started from cold, also my mpg has dropped a bit to. If found the small feed pipe to the n75 valve of the hard pipe wasn't secure. I tighten it up and this seems to have cured the lumpy idle and misfire but poor mpg is still present.
  5. N249 bypass mod Vacuum Leak Question

Mines been bypassed for a couple of years now with no problems to date.
  6. Anyone Using Problem Solving wishbone bushes off Ebay?

Thanks for info. The quality didn't look different to the powerflex ones but that just on a photo but the cost may reflect this.
  7. Anyone Using Problem Solving wishbone bushes off Ebay?

As above. Are they worth buying? They are a fair bit cheaper than the other brands.
  8. Badger 5 2.2 fitted, Dropped 7 mpg ! !

I have checked for leaks and found the boost feed pipe to the n75 to be loose so tightened up and made no difference. I have also rechecked all connections I have touched when fitting the pipes and all seems ok. I didn't think the tip should make a difference when driving the same as before...
  9. Badger 5 2.2 fitted, Dropped 7 mpg ! !

Yeah everything is connected up. I double checked. Some of the pipes were a very tight fit into the tip. No faults showing.
  10. Badger 5 2.2 fitted, Dropped 7 mpg ! !

Hi all. Last weekend I fitted a badger 5 v2.2 tip to my LCR. A couple of days later I noticed my mpg had dropped from 27 to 20. Could anyone confirm if this is normal? I have checked that all pipes are connected correct and are not leaking. Also when I start the engine from cold it sometimes...
  11. Rear axle not centred

Yes there is a small amount of movement if you slacken the bolts. I have done this with mine to centre the axle but my axle is bent slightly on the ns. I'm going to try an ez shim to correct the toe before getting another axle.
  12. Ez rear shims

Thanks for replys. I've noticed you can get red or blue ones. Wasn't sure which one to get as nowhere seems to list a specific for the Leon's or golfs, but I'm sure one listed for another vehicle would fit seeing as you cut it away to fit the bolt holes. Thanks
  13. Ez rear shims

Hi all, the osr wheel on my car is out of alignment on my LCR. Does anyone know where I could purchase an ez shim (spc shim) that you adjust to the desired adjustment before fitting? Prefferabily from the Uk. Thanks Jamie
  14. turbo replacement -whats needed

Hi there, when I replace turbo's I always replace any washers and seals that are removed in the process. It's good practice to replace the oil feed pipe. Also would recommend replacing the turbo to manifold and turbo to down pipe gaskets. Saves stripping it down again in case of a silly leak.
  15. Top mounts or shocks

Hi there. I doubt it would be your top mounts as the weight of the car will be holding them tight. The suspension on my LCR was very crashy and hoping over some bumps. I have fitted a new weitec 50/40 kit which has cured the problem but the original suspension was still in good working condition...
  16. Weitec springs which way?

Hi all, I recently fitted a weitec 50/40 suspension kit to my LCR and have noticed that the osr spring sits like a banana when fitted with the four coils close together at the top (same as the front ones). I have swapped the springs side to side and it is still the same. I then turned the...
  17. Whine at 30 mph

Yes that's excactly like my gearbox. It doesn't effect the gearbox in any way, just gets anoying at times when I can hear it whining away to itself when I'm going through town.
  18. best lcr ride hight for comfort and handling

I've got a weitec ultra gt kit fitted to my Leon with a 50/40 drop which only makes it 30/20 with the LCR already being lower than standard. The ride is a little firmer but it rides over bumps a lot smoother which makes it feel more comfortable than standard. The handling is now excellent too.
  19. Whine at 30 mph

No sorry I'm still living with it. I think it's either diff bearings or pinion bearing. I changed the oil to redline mt 90 which quietened it down a bit.
  20. LCR power steering

Hi there. No I use vredestein sessanta's all round. It's weird how it comes and goes. I could almost describe it as lack of grip, but it happens while I'm doing 30 around the town. It has been good and bad on the same road that I use to go to work so can't really blame the change in road surface.