Search results

1. Darren

UK CUPRA Born prices announced

It’s all very odd… i get the impression you will not be taking delivery of these until Q3 in the UK. We needed a second car sharpish to do all the running around and there was some old stock e208 GT premiums kicking about so got one on order and now just waiting for the 14 day cooling off...
  2. Darren

ID 3 or Born?

Not been on here for ages but looking to get a Born, test driven the ID3 and really liked it for what it is. Apart from some seriously cheap plastics it was much better than I thought it would be. Looking at the pictures of the Born it does look much better internally. got a lease lined up for...
  3. Darren

Dead Turbo 1.9tdi

I think it is a bit more work when it fails rather than just swapping a turbo. I assume. Turbo was £565 Labour £210 Oil, oil filter, engine oil flush, disposal etc £75 +Vat Intercooler £198 Labour £120 +Vat They did clean out the intercooler but each time they flush it through...
  4. Darren

Dead Turbo 1.9tdi

£1050 for turbo £350 for intercooler
  5. Darren

Dead Turbo 1.9tdi

Well I finally got the car back and I am now £1400 worse off:cry: Gutted... Car feels ok though...
  6. Darren

Dead Turbo 1.9tdi

Here is a pic of what it looks like...
  7. Darren

Dead Turbo 1.9tdi

Picking the car up today so I will take a picture of the of Turbo... Rang SEAT and they are not interested at all:(
  8. Darren

Dead Turbo 1.9tdi

Apparantly there is no blades left inside the turbo!!!:cry: I have been told ne intercooler will be required as it is likely to be full of bits:confused:
  9. Darren

Dead Turbo 1.9tdi

Hi I have a Seat Altea 1.9tdi. It's my wifes car and had it from new. (Got it Feb06) Turbo has died after just 37k miles:cry: Is this expected of these as I thought they would go for ever if looked after and fully serviced? Garage that I took it to seem to be having a mare getting it...
  10. Darren

Isofix Car seats

we have got this one and it is very good:) www.kiddicare.com/invt/cvhgduoisomwllm?No=0&N=371+910
  11. Darren

Leon Cupra R Revo vs...............

Remapped LCR is a great car. Chews front tyres and front brake pads. LCR cost me £700 for Tyres pads and servicing in the first 20K miles!!! Sold the STI PPP with 22k on the clock – Cost £400 in total for the first two services, although it needed 4 tyres!! So costs were very...
  12. Darren

Audi S3 or Ibiza Cupra?

S3 + remap :thumbup:
  13. Darren

lcr/scooby sti

Not masses in it deano!! The LCR Chipped did seem to pull better than the STI when in the wrong gear... small turbo with quick spool up helps I suppose... Did you try dropping it into 3rd at 50mph?? I still believe the LCR has been my best all round car I have owned. But they are no...
  14. Darren

TDI Reference sport

What BHP output do they expect??
  15. Darren

TDI Reference sport

Were back!!! The other half picked up her Altea today:D She is really pleased with it...
  16. Darren

TDI Reference sport

Mmm Revo!!
  17. Darren

TDI Reference sport

Looking to come back to the fold with a TDI Reference sport The impreza has now gone and it’s time to tighten the money belts now we are down to one salary. We have been struggling with the MCS and it ain’t funny with a 3 month old baby!! I can have a brand new TDI Reference sport for...
  18. Darren

Wish me Luck...Pistonheads V-max 10!!

Well done Gary [B)] How did it feel at 162mph ?? must feel bloody slow at 70mph after going that fast!! Anything that can genuinely go above 150mph is really shifting.
  19. Darren

Steering Play/Knock LCR

Well done mate :D top stuff SEAT Watford :thumbup: Just ring customer services and ask for a name to write too. They forgot to write back to me :clap: but once on the case they do a good job!
  20. Darren

Steering Play/Knock LCR

Get the work done by SEAT Watford then write a letter of complaint to SEAT customer services about St Albans. Don't rock the boat until you have your car all fixed and you are happy ;)
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.