Search results

1. brake fault & enging management light problem

After a bit of investigation today I have solved the problem. The hard plastic servo pipe had come loose from its fixing and had been rubbing on a metal clip on a water hose. Surprised I didn't spot that earlier but it was on the underside and there is bearly room to get your hands in there...
  2. brake fault & enging management light problem

Yes I think that is it, if you turn the engine off with foot on the brake pedal you can't feel it move at all. The servo pipe is very hard to see. I had to take the intercooler pipe off just to check the brake fluid level. I think further inspection at the weekend is in order.
  3. brake fault & enging management light problem

Ok the other day driving home from work in my cupra tdi , the engine light came on and it went into limp mode, also noticed my brakes were rubbish. Turned ignition off and on , car is driving fine but light is still on and brakes still rubbish. Plugged into vagcom and bought up a fault...
  4. temp senser on cupra tdi?

Cheers, yeah found it now. When they changed the clutch they must have fought the plastic clip that holds thesenser in. the senser had come out of its housing and was dangling on its wire. All sorted now and luckily no damage. :)
  5. temp senser on cupra tdi?

Hi, can anybody tell me where the temp senser is on my 54 plate Ibiza cupra tri please? I took it to the local garage to have a new clutch fitted , on my way home I noticed the temp gauge was no longer working. Hoping for an easy fix an not have to revisit the garage. Thanks
  6. White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

cheers scott, glad you like. found the airbag guide, cheers for the tip. have a mate with vagcom so will get him onto it.
  7. White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

will take a cupple n' post them up. :)
  8. White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

cheers for the imfo mate, will try to find that thread. have fitted a pair of red wing back recaros from a civic type R anniversary. i am 6' 2" and the std seats felt to high on lowest position and didnt offer much suport. i made my own subframes so they sit about 40mm lower. i am very happy...
  9. Help, air bag light!

hay pete, yeah still have the old seats. am only working just up the road from you so could hook up one eve. have not got a fault code reset thing. bit confussed on that front.
  10. White FR to Black Cupra - Cupra Now Sold :(

Awesome car you have there. when you fitted the cobra seat how did you get around the airbag light. i have fitted a rair of recaros in my cupra and the light came on as they have no side air bags. i herd you can fool the system by fiting a 4.7 ohm resistor in the plugs under the seats then...
  11. Help, air bag light!

Hi all, need to sort out my air bag light for MOT. i have fitted a pair of recaro seats which dont have side air bags so the light has come on. i have been told by somebody on here that you can fool the system by fitting a 4.7 ohm risestor into the plug under the seat then reset the fult with...
  12. unwanted air bag light

cheers for the imfo, have taken a trip to maplin this morning and bought some 4.7 ohm 0.6w resistors. i had a look under the seats at the plugs. on the drivers side the plug has 3 wires going to it, brown white and yellow. the pasengers side has 3 wires brown green and black. do you have any...
  13. unwanted air bag light

Hay every body. i have a 54 plate ibiza cupra tdi. i am a bit on the tall side (6' 3") and didnt like the seating position. even on lowest position it was mush to high and seats offered very little in lateral saport so i pulled them out and fitted a set of gorgous red recaros from a civic type...
  14. stupid stupid wheel nut covers!!!

just dune a quick search, it seems i either have the wrong covers or the wrong tool! v strange!
  15. stupid stupid wheel nut covers!!!

oh, nothing like that in my tool kit, that would explane it!
  16. stupid stupid wheel nut covers!!!

you must have a differant tool than me. mine is like a bit of wire bent into the shape of a number 9 with a hook on the end to get behind the cap. its a tight fit and you can only pull from 1 side at a time so it cap gets cocked n stuck and the tool stips out taking the paint off the wheel. it...
  17. stupid stupid wheel nut covers!!!

got a rear wheel puncher in cupra tdi today, so had to do a quick change by side of the road. have only had the car a month or two so this was the first time i had a wheel off. how frustrating are those stupid feckin plastic wheel nut covers!!! did someone at seat HQ think lets play a little...
  18. air bag warning light

cheers mate, nice 1.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise