Search results

1. martycupratdi

Radio replacement

I'd like to replace the original factory fitted radio/cd player in my 2007 Altea XL as the CD player has jumped and skipped practically from day one, the radio plays great. The simplest option for me would be to replace it with a new identical unit but I'm reluctant to do this due to it's poor...
  2. martycupratdi

Squeaky Windows !!

Hi Gaz, what guide did you use for taking your door apart, I've been putting it off cos I've not done it before and it looks very complicated. Do you think I should buy some plastic trim removal tools? Cheers Marty
  3. martycupratdi

Squeaky Windows !!

Will do, thanks for that MM :)
  4. martycupratdi

Squeaky Windows !!

XL winder cables Hi all, Can anyone point me to a link for cable repair kits for my 57 Altea XL. I had the passenger side replaced last year and now the drivers side has just gone, can't afford the £180 for the dealer to fixthis time so am going to try myself. Are the cable kits the same for...
  5. martycupratdi

Diesel remap glasgow

Hi Kenny, They can remap or provide a loader with alternative maps so you have the option to load or return to original, I've always gone for a straight remap. Call them and discuss what you would like. Marty.
  6. martycupratdi

Diesel remap glasgow

Hi Kenny, Get yourself and car booked in to Star Performance, here in Fife, I know it's a bit of a drive, but it'll be worth it, they'll even do it on a Saturday morning. There's a link to their website on here, phone up first and have a chat with Jim Curley, he's very knowledgeable :clap...
  7. martycupratdi

XL towbar electrics help

I may make use of the 12v socket in the boot of mine. Can you tell me apart from the live feed that the relay needs, what else does it connect to, and what about the charging/power supplies to the power socket for the 12v fridge and axilliary battery. Thanks again Marty
  8. martycupratdi

XL towbar electrics help

Thanks, I'll PM you the chassis No. when I get home tonight. Marty.
  9. martycupratdi

XL towbar electrics help

I need to have a tow bar fitted to my 2007 XL, costs dictate that I would like to fit this myself. Whilst I am quite happy to do the mechanical parts i.e.bumper removal and cut and fit the bar itself, I'm not so sure about the electrics. Can someone describe the components that I need to fit...
  10. martycupratdi

New Altea Owner......

CrispDust where can we get more information on upgrading the antiroll bars, does anyone know what parts are interchangeable with A3/Golf MK5's.:confused: Thanks Marty.
  11. martycupratdi

Buzzy Altea Speakers and ICE upgrade

Just fitted Infinity 652.7i's tonight, they sound great, will give them a blast this weekend when I go to Time Attack at Knockhill this Sunday. I was so disappointed in the factory fitted ones, I know that the car is built down to a budget, but you can't help feeling that SEAT haven't quite...
  12. martycupratdi

Brakes!!

Hi all, Anyone know who's currently offering the best value for a 312mm conversion kit of carriers, discs and pads. I'm not fussed about getting the overpriced red anniversery ones!!! Tried a search, but couldn't find a up to date answer. Thanks Marty
  13. martycupratdi

Advise : Performance of Remapped Altea 2.0 TDI DSG

One of my friends has just had his 140 DSG A3 remapped by superschips with a map that is profiled to suit the DRG clutch and its torque limit. The performance increase is very noticable, it revs more freely, and gear changes are smoother, all in all he is very pleased with it. I ran a 150...
  14. martycupratdi

1.9 or 2.0?

I've now had my 140 tdi for a couple of months now and getting about 37mpg, bit disappointed as I was getting 43mpg regularly from my mapped 150 Leon even driving it hard. I can't really understand why the 2 litre engine, which I presume is a development of the 1.9litre unit, is not more...
  15. martycupratdi

Advice on the 312mm disc conversion

Not sure what thickness the standard discs are, maybe the're the same thickness in which case no problem. Marty
  16. martycupratdi

Advice on the 312mm disc conversion

Hi all, I'd like to upgrade the front brake on my140 Altea prior to a remap and am going to fit 312mm discs and new carriers to use the standard calipers. I presume that it's a straightforward job , removing the calipers and standard carrier, then swaping the discs, fitting the larger...
  17. martycupratdi

advice please

I agree entirely APness, I think that the Bluefin takes the Mondeo up to about 195bhp, but it must be a bit heavier than the Leon, also the gearing is very long, which is why I found it slow off the mark, it didn't feel that quick further up the gears either and there was never the feeling...
  18. martycupratdi

advice please

Lee, I needed a larger replacement for my Leon Cupra 150 Tdi and test drove a 155 2.2 litre ST Mondeo estate and a 2l 140 Altea XL. The Altea won hands down despite being down on power, it feels quick and agile and has a modern appearance as opposed to the Mondeo which I found to be very...
  19. martycupratdi

Check your paintwork!

Hi Phil, It's quite obvious when you spot it, it's just been missed off with a final pass of the spray gun, a quick dust over will sort it. The car is an ex demonstrator purchased with 5000 miles on the clock. I'm not expecting any hassle with Seat owning up and putting it right, it's...
  20. martycupratdi

Check your paintwork!

Tell, It's been dark here in Scotland whenever I've had a free moment, it looked fine under the fooodlights when I picked it up from the Dealers just before Crimbo, but even if it had been in the daylight I doubt I would have spotted it being so low on the car.;)
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.