Search results

1. rdhma

Airbag warning after fitting dash-cam in the Ateca

Disconnect battery while doing any electrical work to avoid error codes being logged.
  2. rdhma

SEAT Minimó general discussion

60% of Cobalt comes from the DRC. Russia, Australia and Canada are the next largest producers. Work to reduce the cobalt content in batteries is ongoing but is proving difficult. Laptops, phones, tablets, pretty much all portable electronics use lithium batteries containing cobalt. Cobalt is...
  3. rdhma

what did you and your mk3 leon do today

Parked in the perfect airport parking spot.
  4. rdhma

Will try that, cheers. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  5. rdhma

Unfortunately, that's a stick on cover, I want to replace the battered original key shell with a new one. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  6. rdhma

That looks like a case for a mk2 Leon. It's the mk3 key case that is hard to find.
  7. rdhma

This key is looking worse for wear with the buttons deeply indented. If a new shell (not a cover) was available, I would fit one.
  8. rdhma

Album covers on media screen

May also be of use: Processing music collection for media player. One thing I found was that non-square dimensioned art will work in the player as long as either vertical or horizontal is 300 pixels.
  9. rdhma

Went to a supercar charity event, got a passenger spin in a 911 turbo.
  10. rdhma

Tyres - recommendations / ones to avoid, FR184

AO tyre marking = Audi/ VAG OEM tyre. The standard and OEM branded versions of a tyre are often the same, but can differ in compound or sidewall construction. I don't know for sure if the Contis have any difference but the reviews I read referred to the standard version, so that's what I bought.
  11. rdhma

Tyres - recommendations / ones to avoid, FR184

Conti Sportcontact 5s were factory fitted. After reading many reviews, I settled on Sportcontacts again for the combination of wet and dry grip, not the OEM compound (AO?)but this one: Continental ContiSportContact 5 225/40R18 92 Y FR, XL Quite happy with the performance of these.
  12. rdhma

SD Media Card - Do's and Dont's

Processing music collection for car use This may be of use to someone, the procedure I used to get my music collection onto SD card for the car, with all tracks playing in the correct order and with album art displayed . CD ripping to FLAC and converting FLAC to MP3. Tool: dbPowerAmp...
  13. rdhma

Towbar install

The cover is 5F0.803.595.A I use an Atera Strada DL3 bike carrier, which I found to be the best trade off between weight, convenience and price.
  14. rdhma

What would you change?

I found that it doesn't supply enough current for the Galaxy S4. It needs Samsung's own charger.
  15. rdhma

What would you change?

DPF regen indication on dash. Would prefer to drive a few more minutes than switch off and risk trouble with it later. Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
  16. rdhma

What would you change?

Much as I like my Leon 184, I have given some thought to improvements which I think could be made at minimal / no cost. Anyone care to add to/ modify this list ? -------------------- Allow sound actuator to be turned off in sport mode. Reduce wind noise at speed, I suspect changing the...
  17. rdhma

Towbar install

It's just a press fit piece of black plastic. It can be sprayed to match the car, I chose not to. Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
  18. rdhma

LED headlights abroad

I bought a European driving kit recently, it included deflectors for the Leon LED lights. Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk
  19. rdhma

Progressive steering

Servotronic steering is a variation of power assistance with speed. The dynamic pack includes dynamic chassis control: variable dampers and progressive steering which is a variable gearing ratio in the rack. Dynamic steering is not the same as Servotronic then as it reduces the number of...
  20. rdhma

Progressive steering

Anyone got a Leon with the dynamic pack / progressive steering? I have an FR on order, without this option due to budget. I like the idea of less wheel twirling on the twisty bits but not convinced there's enough difference. Just curious to hear opinions from anyone who's got this.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.