Search results

1. Passenger side crash sensor location.

Hiya Chris, it is a Mk2, I posted in that forum and emptyhead forgot to say it's a Mk 2 Toledo tdi se not thinking it would head for new posts too. Ive been trawling but only seen hints. Was already looking at leon and MKiv stuff but have found nothing specific yet. If it's in the same place...
  2. Passenger side crash sensor location.

Hiya, just got some fault codes that translate to a faulty passenger side crash sensor. Having never had to deal with this item before, can anyone give me a clue where it's located on/in the vehicle. I already have a replacement unit just don't want to have to strip the interior and trace from...
  3. From a field..

Vag Commander 3.6 solved my immediate problem. The car starts and runs until switched off. Will update if anything changes
  4. From a field..

I aquired a 1m2 Toledo 110 tdi that had been left in a field for 3 years allegedly. Stupidly I didn't run a scan with VCDS before starting work. As it turns out the engine has been blocked by the immobiliser and the copy of VagTacho that I have has been unable to access the ECU to retrieve...
  5. Just got a Toledo!

You could also check the Pierburg 7.22684.07.0 originally it's off a merc but reads a little higher airflow than the Bosch unit allowing your ECU to calculate air fuel ratio beyond standard parameters and cheaper than the original if I remember correctly. It does involve a bit more fiddling to...
  6. Just got a Toledo!

I'm not sure, I can't remember how many posts you need to make to pms. There's nothing new in my inbox but if mine arrived in yours I'll send you another with a contact number and you can call me. Let me know here if that's good. D
  7. Just got a Toledo!

Hiya, it's not arrived yet.
  8. Just got a Toledo!

PMed you
  9. Just got a Toledo!

If you know anyone with VCDS it really helps to run a scan to see if there are any electronic issues and then some live logs. That way you can see what's happening and it narrows down possible causes. The sticky turbo vane thing is a common fault but you could also have an issue with the...
  10. toledo tdi suspension upgrade

If your budget will cover, Bilstein B6s are lovely, had a full set for 2 years and 35/40 thousand miles. Great addition and a much more stable ride. They are expensive but worth every penny, in my opinion, if you drive a lot.
  11. Just got a Toledo!

I've got an ahf engine in my toledo and it pulls from about 1750 through to 4000 then starts to ease off from there in all gears. Could be you have sticky turbo vanes although that usually results in limp mode. Does the problem rectify itself when you pull over switch off then restart?
  12. wheel sizes

The standard bore is 57.1mm. The offset for standard 15 inch wheels is 32mm I think. Sure of the bore, pretty sure of the offset. Check if your brakes fit behind the wheels you want. Distance between the calipers and the spokes seem to cause the most problems, especially if you have brembos fitted.
  13. Tie-rod end removal

I'd advise you to loosen the tie rod to tie rod end lock nut before removing the ball joint from the hub carrier as it stops the shaft rotating and allows you to apply pressure more easily. To loosen, you could try tightening the nut slightly first to break the seize, heat the nut carefully...
  14. Plug caps/bungs

I got mine through my local SEAT dealer. It's as well to take the old ones in to compare if you have them, as the number of different sized and shaped bungs/drain plugs in a Toledo is quite surprising and the etka diagrams/parts listings are not very clear. Odds are they will have to be...
  15. TDI sport 110 feeling slow!!!

Hi, I had what sounds like a similar problem on my 110 toledo. I tried the maf, disconnected and new, cleaning the turbo, inlet manifold intercooler and pipes, changed the injector pump and set the timing dead on using vagcom to check, had the ECU sent for testing none of which made any...
  16. Winter tyres

Treated myself to a set of TS830s in early August, shipped direct from Germany. They're already £40 a tyre more expensive than I paid, on several online tyre sites. Well worth buying out of season if you can afford to. A bit late with the advice though.
  17. Bilstein B6 question

Glad I made someone laugh. The devil is in the detail so they say. Thanks for the very generous offer. I'm around Shrewsbury quite regularly so pm me your number and I'll give you a bell and arrange something.
  18. Bilstein B6 question

I've got access to a press, so that's not a problem but you've got me reconsidering poly bushes. The overall cost for the wishbone and rear beam bushes are very similar as a combined package but I don't really like the highly noticeable colour of the powerflex ones, although the lifetime...
  19. Bilstein B6 question

Top mounts were on the shopping list, thanks for the tip though. It's good to get an opinion that reinforces your own. I was intending using TT rear wishbone bushes, OEM fronts and LCR rear beam bushes, seems a tried and tested formula that's a bit softer than poly but much stiffer than...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise