Search results

1. Ads_Vag

SCN stickers?

how do i go about getting some off here?
  2. Ads_Vag

pictures of your distributors please...

as the title says, can people please take a birds eye view of how there distributors sit so i can see if mines placed in its socket properly to :) thanks :)
  3. Ads_Vag

Fault codes

right as i've explained somewhere else in a thread my car wont rev past 5k and it stutters bubbles under like acceleration... well went mates garage after work fiddled with rotor arm and distributer but still wouldnt budge past 5k, so he stuck it on diagnostics & the following faults came up...
  4. Ads_Vag

A Few Problems I've got...

Right been out before to start the car over for a bit cause its been stood for a while, turned engine off looked under the bonnet and the was a sizzling/bubbling of water escaping and found out its coming from the hose that joins the engine block and radiator... so i tried to tighten the bolt...
  5. Ads_Vag

Performance Induction kits

are they worth looking into getting one? and what make? k&n pipercross etc...
  6. Ads_Vag

Can anyone explain what this plug connecter is?

Saw this behind the centre console at the bottom? Anybody know what it is or what it connects to? Thanks
  7. Ads_Vag

Brakes? Ideas?

right need to either change the brakes to the same ones again (as there pitting & dont feel that good under braking) or do i upgrade them to other ones? i've been looking at ventilated & ventilated/drilled ones, just wanting to keep my options open if im going to start tracking it next year...
  8. Ads_Vag

Decats for Mk2 2.0 8v

ive just been having a look on ebay but cant seem to find one so i guess they dont do it for my car... but my cat i have on now is knackered... so would there be any harm in taking off my cat & bashing all the **** from the inside of it? and turning that into the decat pipe??
  9. Ads_Vag

Want 16v engine

Well on motorway tonight driving to the misses... And a civic type R came up behind me and just left me for dirt :/ felt embarrassed lol so now I'm thinking of looking into getting the 16v engine so of anyone knows of one being sold for cheaps let me know lol :) I need more umppfff haha
  10. Ads_Vag

Won't Rev past 5000rpm...

since getting the car back is there any reasons why my car wont rev past 5000 rpm? i use to be able to get it right up to the red line (6000rpm) but now it wont go anywhere past 5000...
  11. Ads_Vag

1st drive today for 8 week! :D // but wasn't all plain sailing :s

Another feeking problem occured yesterday!!! :@ been fine since I changed the crank shaft sensor but then yesterday I thought not now please it's strange tbh because I filled up at asda petty station, £13 unleaded drove about 5/6 miles onit then engine just cut out... Tried to turn over but...
  12. Ads_Vag

Cuts out when idle-ing, drops revs when driving along, back fires & kangeroos. HELP?!

right as the title says this is whats happening to my car, last night it got really bad the worst its ever done. i havent got vagcom to diagnose the problem which i could do with. the coilpack has been changed its had full service but it still continuing to have the problem ? :(...
  13. Ads_Vag

Mpg??

whats everyone getting?? today i thought i'd pump my tyres up as they needed it badly!! so my MPG went from about 34ish to 41.1 mpg!! :D im well impressed with that and glad i pumped my tyres up :D haha
  14. Ads_Vag

window regulator repair kit.

right i got my repair kit today but i haven't got a Haynes manual and I'm not quite sure how to repair it... has anyone got a step by step guide on how to repair the old snapped cable and replace it with the new one from the repair kit I've got? thanks :)
  15. Ads_Vag

dashboard bulbs?

what size dashboard bulbs do i need? as half of my dash clocks are not lit up properly.
  16. Ads_Vag

Ads MK2 Ibiza 2.0 8v GTI Cupra Sport // New update 25/04/2012

well i though it was about time i started to put a progress thread up as i've been on here for a few months now got the car back in feb off my mate for a reasonable £550, its a 1997 2.0 8v GTI cupra sport in the bronze/ginger colour (misses named the car ginger as it matches her hair colour...
  17. Ads_Vag

cable snapped in drivers side electric window :(

anyone know where i can pick up a new motor and the bits & bobs to change my motor that has a snapped cable :( get one for £120 the complete kit and fitted.
  18. Ads_Vag

Hids?

anyone know where i could get a decent set of hid's from? and are they easy enough to fit?? i did find some on ebay but i dont know if they would fit? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290577114389&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
  19. Ads_Vag

still fuming with kwik fit!! but finally sorted the car :)

right i get the car back today ready to take it for its retest, get it to the place hand it over then 5 mins later the guy shouts me to come look at something... he goes right you've sorted the light, the welding, not checked your emssions yet but the track rod hasn't been done can you see...
  20. Ads_Vag

Drilled Air box?

Drilling your air box does it actually work and does it do anything? if so where would you drill the airbox?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members