Search results

1. OEM FL alloy name? Orions?

Are these called Orion's or are the FL alloys called something else? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171414149362?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Thanks for your help in advance.
  2. Big thanks to Alex @ AKS Tuning

Hi mate, awesome car you have there. Really liked those brakes and I'm jealous of your diff! Yes the Money pit (GTR) is also due a service soon and possibly a new turbo kit. Here it is at Pod last year... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdg-HhwZjNA
  3. Big thanks to Alex @ AKS Tuning

I almost forgot! He added needle sweep and got my MFD Navi display working too as a freebie whilst he had the laptop on it.
  4. Big thanks to Alex @ AKS Tuning

My FL Cupra has just come back from AKS and had:- Sachs Clutch kit and DMF THS Intercooler Service 48k Front brakes (OEM) Uprated Dogbone engine mount 4 wheel alignment Revo Linear Throttle map and setting adjusted by Alex Car feels great now, no more slipping clutch, pulls better...
  5. My R......Golf R. Now HTA GTX3071 powered

Simply awesome! More pics, and some of the engine bay please.
  6. Black Mk2 seat leon cupra,Rtech Tuned TTE420, 443bhp???

Do you know if the Witson head unit will work with a FL? Will it display on the MFD2?
  7. new modified engine cover :D

Is that an original Cupra cover or it it off another model? A guide of what needs to be done would be great.
  8. Seat Leon RNS315

I have some update discs if anyone is interested. I did buy them for the advertised £120, but would take an offer.
  9. MK2 Cupra problems

Hmmm, I have just got exactly the same symptoms with my FL Stage 2+ Cupra. Better whip the pump off tonight.
  10. APR Flapper delete mk2 Leon Cupra

I would be slightly concerned about how lean the fuel mix is, you want to be in the 11.5-12:1 area when running in boost! I bet you can't put much ignition in as it will knock quite quickly I'd imagine. Get the fuel mixture enriched.
  11. Tyre advice - PS3 or CSC 5P - 320bhp Cupra

I've gone from dunlops to assy 2s to winters to Michelin Pilot Supersport and the MPSS are the best tyre I've used on the car. I can't get the abs to kick in a straight line and the acceleration and cornering are greatly improved. If you can, get them. Best mod i have done! Wear rate is good as...
  12. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Fitted a set of LED interior lights which look pretty cool although very bright. Also changed my Neuspeed filter for a K&N Enclosed Apollo to reduce warm air radiation into the filter and a slightly vain attempt to quieten it down a bit. But by far the best upgrade is the change to Michelin...
  13. help with 1/4 mile run with k1 stage 2+

A few points on this... A dsg car can change gear far quicker than a manual car, so over the 1/4 mile, you are looking at around a second difference depending on shift speed of the manual car. So DSG golfs are not a fair comparison. Fwd cars are inherently bad at launching as the weight is...
  14. Cupra R Rear Conversion

I have a Cupra rear bumper apron if anyone wants a spare to chop up. It's brand new and from Seat. £20 plus postage.
  15. Squeaking from RARB

Hmm ok. Will give it a go. Thanks for the idea.
  16. Squeaking from RARB

I have a Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar on my FL Cupra. It was fine for about a month. But recently it has started squeaking when going over bumps. I put some copper grease in the bushes and it went quiet for a bit, but its starting to come back again. Has anyone had the same issue or can...
  17. H&R Cup kit or Bilstein B12?

I have the B12 Pro kit. It is good in the fact that the car doesn't squat under acceleration or braking as much, the car is far more composed. The ride on smoothish roads is perfectly acceptable but its does become slightly unstuck over bumpy country roads where it is quite harsh. The other...
  18. Tyre profile (18")

Using a taller profile on the rear will give a different speed reading to abs sensors and your TC/abs may not like it. Definitely wouldn't do differing sizes. Stick to one or the other. 45s will give a softer ride but will feel less direct and tyres will flex more under hard cornering. Your choice.
  19. Michelin Supersports

Anyone? 245s fit?
  20. Michelin Supersports

Ok, well its either OE from tirerack.com in the US at about £150plus import taxes or ideally the 245/35/18, I may get some 18x8 alloys but need to know if 245s will fit on the Cupra.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.