Search results

1. Davidp

Advice on buying a 1.9 tdi

Pardon my cheek but a nice '54' Cupra here if you are anywhere near the NW Cheers, dave :) http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=129600
  2. Davidp

Servicing in merseyside?

Hi Chris, Service cost for a 40k on my TDI cupra from Alex Lawrie was £272 (compared to £280 from IMG and £295 from Lookers M/C) AL gave me 10% off that price though as a new customer and changed the brake fluid, collected and delivered that car at the times they said they would and washed...
  3. Davidp

Servicing in merseyside?

Thanks Guys, IMG is just too far away for me so I'll contact Alex Lawrie and book the car in, I'll mention your name Chris. Cheers, David
  4. Davidp

Servicing in merseyside?

Need a 40k service on by cupra TDI. Used to go to Arnold Clarke but they seem to have gone. Where do merseysiders go for a Seat service? Anyone tried the Liverpool Alex lawrie Skoda dealer. Cheers
  5. Davidp

mpg on a tdi

Ooh 36.8 dont sound too good! cant trust that trip computer though best way is to check fuel purchase against mileage. The 2.0 TDI aint as economical at the 1.9 and the various posts on this forum seem to bear that out. At steady motorway speeds the diesel should be very good but as soon as...
  6. Davidp

Servicing costs - Petrol vs Diesel FR

Based on my experience the diesel is the more economical but the engine is definitely noisy compared to the petrol (it’s a function of the PD engine). The TFSI (Golf GTI) engine is a fabulously quite and smooth engine but it will cost you more in petrol (typically 30 mpg compared to say 45 mpg...
  7. Davidp

A couple of questions - Leon 20VT Sport

or mine, gone but not forgotten :) http://www.pyecrust.co.uk/forums/20vt.jpg
  8. Davidp

heated seats reduce your mpg

Thanks gazza, so what mpg do you average then with a warm bum and a big right foot?:)
  9. Davidp

I think air con may be a separate issue as doesnt it have its own engine driven pump?. I have compared the effect of air con on both my leons and found a definite reduction in mpg on both models of around 4-5%. I wonder what keeping your but toasty warm in winter might do to your mpg:)
  10. Davidp

Thanks Guys, well accepting the fact that the theory is correct and all this electrical gear efects mpg, if you drove round with all the electrical items on what reduction in mpg would you expect? If this is old news then has anyone ever put a figure on it. Cheers
  11. Davidp

well according to a recent article in the daily telegraph the use of electrical devices in modern cars puts extra load on the alternator and as the engine has to work harder the mpg goes down. Heated seats (popular choice on the new leon) were cited as the worst culprit. Cant see it myself...
  12. Davidp

A couple of questions - Leon 20VT Sport

Just for the record my old 2000X sport had folding mirors which I understand were standard on the sport, there was no CD autochanger though that was an option. It was rated at 180bhp. Cracking engine, happy memories, bit of a gas guzzler though giving around 28mpg overall. Mine was a fabby...
  13. Davidp

Which Fuel??

If its any help, I ran my leon petrol cupra on cheapo supermarket 95 ron petrol. and covered 60k miles in four years. Never had any problems with the engine whatsover, sweet as a bird. Spirited driving on mixed roads, averaging around 28mpg. On the odd occasion when I did use 98 ron I think i...
  14. Davidp

Stupid mpg computer tells lies

Oops, just spotted another thread on this. That'll teach me to do a search first.:whistle: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=109610
  15. Davidp

Stupid mpg computer tells lies

Compared my mpg computer to the mpg worked out between fill ups over the last few thousand miles. Result is computer shows average of 47.5 mpg, average based on fills is 44 mpg. I checked the computer when I first got the car and it seemed spot on, 36k down the line and its now reading 8%...
  16. Davidp

Leon FR TDI 170 owners - I have a question ?

Rumour has it the ECU is intellient and adapts to your driving style. Obviously it got the message that you like to 'kick ass'! Perhaps ecu learning is why remapped engines take time to develop full power? I have never understood why diesel engines should get better with mileage though but...
  17. Davidp

2.0TDi Q's

My Cupra 150 tickover is 900 rpm which is normal, any less and its stalls. I assume its a diesel thing with the high compresion ratio.
  18. Davidp

Leon FR TDI 170 owners - I have a question ?

Thats intersting, is the ecu intelligent enough to learn your driving style? I ran mine in for the first few hundred and now 35k further on really enjoy hoofing it and the car goes great and averages 44mpg. Girlfriend gets over 50mpg when she drives, (why is that i wonder!)
  19. Davidp

Diesel Particulate Filter Question

Any new Leon owners had any problems with their DPF? I have heard they can clog up. they are supposed to be able to burrn off particulate by reaching 600C, (ooh err missus!):( They also require a special (even more expensive) engine oil. Do they stop black smoke or is that too fine to get...
  20. Davidp

Help Towbar Nightmare

I had a detachable Brink fitted two years ago by towequipe in nuneaton for £299. thats with single electrics. Very nice towbar better than the VAG part. they fitted it while I waited, took over 2 hours though as I recall.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.