Search results

1. aymen_a22

Airbag light on, probably sensor problem (leon m1 1.8L 2004)

Hi, The problem is that if you clear the fault, when you turn the ignition back on, because the fault is still there, it flags back up again. What you need to do is find the index of the sensor and then replace the sensor, which is under the passenger seat. Then clear the fault and it should...
  2. aymen_a22

Winscreen Replacement Charge HELP PLEASE

So, a quick update. I have done some research and have rang autoglass, without any complaint they have told me that they have "resolved the matter internally" and that I have nothing else to pay. I asked for written confirmation to be sent to my email and I am happy to say that I think I have...
  3. aymen_a22

my new tdi cupra

I believe that is the same one that the Golf Mk5 uses. Anything is an improvement on the standard component, unless you like the juddering wiper of course!
  4. aymen_a22

PD150 not turning over

Glad I could help and I am glad it is all working again. It is always good for people to put the resolution of a problem on the post, it makes it much more helpful for people who have the same problem.
  5. aymen_a22

PD150 not turning over

Is the there a clicking sound when you try and start the engine? Also when you bump started the car was it running well or not? If not then it sounds like you are not getting any power to the starter motor solenoid. If it is clicking then I would say that the starter motor is not engaging...
  6. aymen_a22

Jumpy idle on 1.9 tdi

May be worth swapping the EGR solenoid (N18) and the VNT controller (N75). This website will show you which components they are. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=290286 They both work the same and have use the same connector. Might be worth a go. Also when did you have the fuel...
  7. aymen_a22

Fans not working !!!! :(:(:(:(

Does your A/C work? If you have low gas pressure in the A/C then the fans and A/C will automatically turn off to protect the compressor. May be worth looking at this link. It is a good guide for testing if the fans work by bypassing all the electronics. It is for a Golf but the system is the...
  8. aymen_a22

You paid that much for windscreens? That's madness. How can they charge that much?
  9. aymen_a22

Haha no I must have explained it wrong. I have only paid my original £75 as an excess. They want me to pay another £242 which I am going to argue. I think I have fair grounds based on the research so far. Thoughts?
  10. aymen_a22

So if anyone would like to know, as of today, the average price of five companies is £183.46 I have contacted National Windscreens (£162.00), AA Autowindshields (£200.00), Autoglass (£230.62), Auto Windscreens Dorset (£202.61), Pheonix Windscreens (£120.00) I think I now have fair grounds...
  11. aymen_a22

I cannot remember exactly however I am 99% sure because they called me to confirm all my details and the receipt I was given on the day has my insurance reference on it. So yes, they will have been given it when I originally booked the appointment, and when they rang to confirm my details.
  12. aymen_a22

Autoglass have not actually sent me any paperwork regarding the matter. It has all be verbal so far (other than the paperwork the windscreen fitter gave me). So you are saying that Autoglass should have informed me that I am not covered before the work was carried out? Also, do you mean I...
  13. aymen_a22

I completely agree. I wanted to try and go through the insurance first however they are not giving me anything so I guess I now have to approach Autoglass. Not sure where I stand on asking them to remove the screen however that is what I want to say. It is a complete joke. Not sure if I should...
  14. aymen_a22

That was my plan, and I can use my mobile to call. I will give that a go and see what happens. I will try and make sure I report back asap. Thanks again, really helpful.
  15. aymen_a22

That is great advice, thank you very much. I tried that approach, they want all contact details, a registration number and address so I stopped. I may try it again though. I am assuming they will have something logged on their computer if I try and get a quote.
  16. aymen_a22

I contacted Autoglass and gave them my insurance details, they then came to replace the screen. I then paid £75 towards the screen and that was the end of it. I presumed that Autoglass would have checked if it was approved PRIOR to completing the repair. I think I signed the paperwork to say...
  17. aymen_a22

Would I need to find a number of windscreen quotes and then approach autoglass and if their price is excessive then use the Services Act?
  18. aymen_a22

How would that work regarding payment towards Autoglass? Would I approach Autoglass independently and take the insurance company out of the loop?
  19. aymen_a22

No I was away from home and the crack was vary large. I just got it done asap because I felt it was dangerous. I know I should have checked but I didn't which is why I am now asking for as much help as possible. Autoglass have said they would give me a quote if I did not use the insurance...
  20. aymen_a22

So I am looking for some assistance here please. I got my windscreen replaced in early June because it had a large crack in it. I did not know that I should use an "approved repairer" so went to autoglass. I paid a £75 excess and now (early September) autoglass has called me to inform me...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.