Search results

1. BlackCupraa

Long Cranking 184

Didn't even have the key in the ignition until it cycled. Came back at 60%
  2. BlackCupraa

Key battery warning

My 2014 Leon has a CR2032 fitted in all keys. I ordered Panasonic ones and as soon as they were fitted, the warning went away.
  3. BlackCupraa

Long Cranking 184

I also watched the original video mentioned and almost ordered the parts, however mine is a CUPA engine code and doesn't have VVT. I've recently taken mine to my local garage to have this looked at, they found no issues with the car but mentioned the OE battery could be the cause, as it's 6...
  4. BlackCupraa

Leon 184

Was going to mention this myself, they threw a lot of light on Tuning boxes. I've recently had mine done and must say the shove of torque is a lot more violent than stock and the rev range is more usable now. Standard my 184 ran out of puff at 4k ish now it pulls much better and doesn;t run...
  5. BlackCupraa

Opinions Wanted Before Purchase Please

Points 2 and 3 are relevant to me:- I'd much prefer a DSG to a manual car these days, it's mainly traffic that we're all rolling in and these take a lot of the "Stress" out of driving. Also, if you prefer a more comfortable drive, go for the 17's.
  6. BlackCupraa

Selling my DTUK box

Hi, is still for sale? If so, PM me your Paypal details and I'll pay for it from there for you to post. Thanks :)
  7. BlackCupraa

hardwiring in a dash-cam

Would any of you happen to know if the same principle would apply for a GoPro? Unfortunately the connector to a GoPro (for charging purposes) is mini usb. Thanks.
  8. BlackCupraa

Sheffield?

If you can find out how to do it, I will be happy to let you use my VCDS cable and laptop etc. Based in Chesterfield so not too far away.
  9. BlackCupraa

Osram Night Breaker H7 bulbs

Yes they are, thanks for the post and info ;)
  10. BlackCupraa

Honestly, yes much better. As said above the road is a lot clearer and brighter. Really quite pleased with them, so much so I have bought another set for the Ford on the driveway due to the fact they are just much better and brighter. I don't really care for the fact that they look like...
  11. BlackCupraa

My ar$e it was. ;) They should have just pulled off yes, but they were on bloody good and tight. All fitted now, just waiting for the dark to see if they have made any noticeable difference!
  12. BlackCupraa

Which service?

Honest question, why not service it every 10k? 20K between services is in my eyes horrific. To answer your last point, it may well be because they didn't originally know what service to offer you for the 2nd service (I'd have gone major service) they probably didn't know when it next needed...
  13. BlackCupraa

Mine arrived in the post. Quick q though, is the electrical connector just a pull off jobbie for the bulb, or is there a clip somewhere? Ta.
  14. BlackCupraa

Brakes FR TFSi

You'll need to knock the pad out yes and then just put a blob or two on the back of it. While it's off I'd recommend giving the caliper et al a good wire brushing!
  15. BlackCupraa

Brakes FR TFSi

Don't put grease anywhere near your facing pad or disc, are you trying to kill yourself? Maybe some copper slip on the back of the pad where it seats in the caliper may help?
  16. BlackCupraa

Brakes FR TFSi

I was going to do the 345 upgrade but really don't feel the need to. So looks like DS2500's and some Brembo / Eicher discs then!
  17. BlackCupraa

Brakes FR TFSi

Hi Guys, What discs and pads are you all running on the 312mm set up? I used to have DS2500 pads on my old S3 and loved them, however discs I don't know where to start. I don't care much for drilled and grooved etc, just a plain old disc would be lovely. Cheers!
  18. BlackCupraa

Open cone air filter WOOSH

Does the DV spacer fit on FR's due to it having a K03 turbo and the DV being built into the turbo rather than being on the other side of the engine on a K04?
  19. BlackCupraa

R32 front calipers

You'll need 18" alloys for the brakes to clear. :)
  20. BlackCupraa

Chesterfield meet

I should be free. I'll bring the VCDS again if anyone needs codes scanning etc....
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.