Search results

1. Rosscop2402

Gear box leak??

Did u drain the oil from the box before removing the cap or just jack it up at the passengers side to move the oil?
  2. Rosscop2402

Black Orion Wheels... Wanted!!

There's a set on pistonheads. £750ono pirelli tyres. They look mint. They come under parts/plates then SEAT, or 18 wheels.
  3. Rosscop2402

how can you tell if your egr is faulty

Don't think they get measured on emission. Not sure. Get the gasket from seres on here. Search him or look in the menu at the forums page. U will get all seat parts from him. Or go to it local dealer. The upgraded gasket was about £2 from my seat dealer. Another thing to try is the asv valve...
  4. Rosscop2402

how can you tell if your egr is faulty

When u say the seal is leaking, what is coming from it? Oil/soot? I would tend to repair this first, it will only cost £10 or so for a new seal and it takes mins to do. Other than that, it could be a faulty egr, but it would usually throw up a code. Have u upgraded the egr/turbo boost...
  5. Rosscop2402

has anyone replaced the inlet manifold?

Cheers, I just posted a thread for him to look at. Thanks.
  6. Rosscop2402

I had mine off and it broken slightly where the flaps spindle attaches to the manifold. I can't see how u would get the flaps out. I thought it was just the manifold u got as a part.
  7. Rosscop2402

Was wondering if anyone has had the inlet manifold replace on there fr 170 tdi? If so, why was it done and how much was the part? Dave at seres in an old post quoted about 400 for part. Can't be that much surely........
  8. Rosscop2402

My luck continues!

So a piece of plastic did all that damage to it car? Would never had thought that could happen. Bummer. Thanks for the info.
  9. Rosscop2402

My luck continues!

Hi fisher, sorry to hear about ur accident, hopefully u get it resolved soon. I was just wondering what u meant by ur inlet manifold failing and trashing it engine? I've read ur previous post about ur engine probs, but no mention of the inlet manifold.
  10. Rosscop2402

Where is the EGR valve on my Leon?

That's what happens to them all. I've never seen them anywhere. But if u did manage to find them u would need to refill it with oil and seal it again.
  11. Rosscop2402

000665 - Boost Pressure Regulation: Control Range Not Reached

Might try that Bruce. **** Tesco fuel has a lot to answer for if the filter is fooked. My car was service by previous owner, but u don't know if the filter had been changed.
  12. Rosscop2402

Don't know if it throws up an error code. My asv is faulty and I had 1 faulty on my ref sport and it doesn't show any fault lights in the dash. It was a mechanic on here that mentioned that the asv closes when trying to recirc the egr gases whilst the car is running. I don't have a spare...
  13. Rosscop2402

I think its the asv. It is meant to close to let the egr valve recirculate, but is its faulty the car will run like a bag of spanners whilst its trying to open the egr valve..
  14. Rosscop2402

some new pics of mine

Yip tyre is on the atom way. I like the car. Reminds me of my old btcc that I wrote off.
  15. Rosscop2402

Ignore me, I didn't realise the caliper position. It's the drivers side rear.:blink:
  16. Rosscop2402

Is that a picture of the front passenger side wheel? If it is, its on the wrong side.
  17. Rosscop2402

Possible Throttle Valve problem

U prob won't get anymore mpg, but if u haven't already, buy the egr/boost pipe gasket from the dealers. It's an updated one that stops the stutter that These cars have, uve prob read about it here. If not just search for engine stutter. its about 2pounds. Hope it works for u. I don't take...
  18. Rosscop2402

That's the asv valve. It should be open the whole time the engine is running then when u turn off ignition it should shut to smother the engine of air. Urs is stay in the vertical, which means its still open and the engine runs on for a second. In other words ur valve is knackered. It...
  19. Rosscop2402

Open the bonnet whilst the engine is running, turn off engine and listen around about the egr /asv valve. It should make a noise for a second then stop. That's normal, its the flap closing. If it buzzes for about 10 secs and stops its probly faulty. U can also check it once uve REM it to...
  20. Rosscop2402

I've just checled, tps is a vw subsidury and is the same price as seat. The seat part is made for them by pierburg, and that's what u get from worldcarparts. Hope this helps.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise