Search results

1. Vibration through pedals and steering wheel

The vibration is most noticeable above 70, but haven't really pushed much further up the speed range over 100 due to roads... As I said its booked back in on Thursday of next week so will see what they do with it then... It's a right pain of a feeling because when it is vibrating it gives...
  2. Vibration through pedals and steering wheel

So basically no point in taking it to a dealers as that wont be covered under warranty... Oh well see what they say when i take it back in next Thursday...
  3. Vibration through pedals and steering wheel

Hi Guys, Ok, so here goes. Over the past couple of weeks the car has been experiencing vibration through the pedals and also the steering wheel at speeds over 70 MPH. I booked the car into my Local Seat dealer as the car was under warranty (Friday 23/05/14) they had a look and informed me...
  4. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Hey, Called into Seat Lookers Stockport with my Leon Fr this morning, they looked at the leaking bonnet and also the stitching coming away from the steering wheel. Its now booked back in for 28th to have a new steering wheel fitted and also re-seal around the scuttle on the bonnet and clean...
  5. Is it worth having a hot hatch anymore

Just read through this. Totally agree with comments laid down before... Although I have recently purchased a 12" FR TSi, and i bought it because i wanted something sporty looking, SEAT tick that box. But at the same time I wanted something that was going to put a smile on my face every now...
  6. Front Splitter

Just tried a search on facebook and it didnt find anything... Anyone got a link?
  7. Front Splitter

Cheers guys, Will look them up
  8. Front Splitter

Cheers mate, Do you know if they will fit on the facelift FR front bumper?? Cheers
  9. Front Splitter

Hey Guys, Two things really... Will the splitter in the below link fit onto the bumper of an FR without the btcc front bumper? http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395780 Second, where can i source one from and how much are we talking? Cheers
  10. dsg or manual

Hey, I used to manual box all the way... Right up till the car i have now... Now have a 2012 FR tsi DSG and absolutely love the box, cant find a fault with the thing in the first couple of months of ownership. And yes the blip on down shift is very pleasing. Not tried that launch...
  11. petrol or diesel?

Had similar thought process recently. I used to own a TDi 140 (2006 model year), and had that re-mapped by awesome GTi (Irlam) made a huge difference and not to far off the TDi 170 and it only cost me £150. After the re-map the consumption wasn't really affected was still getting around 490...
  12. What did you and your MK2 do today?

Took my fr+ for a long drive home from work, even though roads were wet it handled it very well
  13. Leon FR+ thread gone???

Not at the Moment will try and get some tomorrow and post them up for you to see.
  14. Leon FR+ thread gone???

I Can confirm - Leon FR+ comes with Xenon cornering functioning lights, LED Rear lights, Auto lights and wipers, Sat Nav, DAB, Bluetooth and 18" alloys, Also seats may be different to standard FR. Mine comes with the alcantara seats with the red inserts.
  15. Finally got round to putting some pics up of my Leon

With an imminent arrival of a 62 plate Leon FR Petrol it is now time to close the current readers ride and create a new one in the new year with full details and pics of the new toy.
  16. Finally got round to putting some pics up of my Leon

Awesome Remap Hi Guys, Thought i best update this as havent done in a while. Last week had the 140TDi remapped at Awesome GTi in Irlam (Very good service), been running it for around a week now and noticed a significant difference in performance, all with the added benefit of being no worse...
  17. Black smoke from a 2.0tdi 140 under acceleration

Cheers, Will give that a go later and see what i find...!! :)
  18. Black smoke from a 2.0tdi 140 under acceleration

The car is currently 5,000 miles from a scheduled service, Yes i fill up at the same BP garage as i have been doing for the past 3 or 4 months. Do diesel treatments actually work, had considered this but wasn't to sure?
  19. Black smoke from a 2.0tdi 140 under acceleration

Ah the turbo... It has had one new one and also a reconditioned turbo at around 60,000. The turbo is making a strange wooshing noise can only be heard when the windows are open so i guess this could be a contributing factor? Are there any obvios hoses to check that could be damaged or...
  20. Tyre Deflation button

Did you ever get a solution to this as I have the same problem?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members