Search results

1. what have you or are you going to change the ibiza for?

I'm not pointing this out for willy-waving reasons (I don't care which is faster), but it seems to me that the Cupra in that video has been remapped to 200hp; read the comments "160 repo a 200" would suggest Spanish for "remapped from 160hp to 200hp". Just a thought. The interior on the Ibiza...
  2. New Ibiza Cupra Tdi

What was wrong with the old one? :)
  3. what have you or are you going to change the ibiza for?

Fair point. Only thing I'd say is give one a test drive and make your mind up then.
  4. what have you or are you going to change the ibiza for?

I've modified by sig to make it a bit more tongue in cheek :)
  5. what have you or are you going to change the ibiza for?

Hehe, it's only a bit of leg pulling. The Ibiza was a good car! I suspected the first mention of Ibiza's beating 197s would involve a straight bit of road, but a drag stip is taking the pee! ;) Seriously... The 197 is going well, only had it since Sunday so not had much chance to play with it...
  6. what have you or are you going to change the ibiza for?

Did someone say a Clio 197? :p I'll get my coat...
  7. How much is my cupra worth?

Come June it'll be around 10k private sale. It's pretty high mileage compared to what's I've seen out there.
  8. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

Heh, it's Friday and I'm a bit bored. I just re-read your post and laughed out loud at this. How exactly does a car 'lose' money until you sell it? Have you ever considered your problem was not that the cars depreciated, but it's because you kept selling them, thus realising the depreciation...
  9. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

The Cup 197 is also an option, it's been getting good reviews so if you can suffer the poverty-spec and the base interior it might be worth a look. The Megane special edition isn't a limited run and it's the R26, not R27. That's a Clio. Price wise there is a significant difference, comparing...
  10. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

I'm sorry but you're a weapons grade git.
  11. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

And it's a very fair point to make too; hence my immediate annoyance at someone insinuating that, because it isn't French, the Ibiza is built like a Challenger II tank.
  12. Should i buy a TDI 160 Cupra?.

Ride is pretty intrinsic to the handling of the car. If you feel like you're about the be bounced off your line by undulations in the road surface, then you'll be carry less speed. I find that the Cupra is definitely prone to being shaken off course and, as a result, slower on the Great British...
  13. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

Hi mate, I clicked and tried to read but the site was being unresponsive so I couldn't browse. I'll try again tonight. I'm on a few Renault forums and I'm basing my opinion off what I read before buying the 197. There are 'issues', but nothing more serious than I've see on here (check my SCN...
  14. Should i buy a TDI 160 Cupra?.

My brother's original CTR easily rides better than my Cupra.
  15. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

They are slow below 5,000 rpm. That's the point :D Seriously though, it only flies when you're in all out attack mode at 5,000 rpm+.
  16. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

It went for a wash last weekend actually. Nice and shiny now, although by the time it's traveled the length of the M1 plus the M6, I doubt it will be by mid- morning Saturday :(
  17. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

Ah Mr_Dave! How is the FR treating you in sunny Sandbach? I will be in Sandbach over the weekend, I'll keep an eye out for you and your motor on those mean streets ;)
  18. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

True, but the Laguna was well known for it. Why do you think the new one comes with a stupidly long warranty? I'm not saying Renault have a stunning record for reliability, far from it, but considering the car in question is a new 197, there hasn't really been any significant problems to speak...
  19. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

Further to my point above, people being ill-informed, biased and talking out of their arses: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158590 http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158560 http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=158281 I'm sorry but it's not like...
  20. I don't know what to do - FR really needs replacing this year

Does it wind any one else up when people just talk out of their arse?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.