Search results

1. Sunroof?

The OpenAir Polo was by far the coolest hatchback anyone could have back when i was in school. My best mate had one, automatic, and we used to put it in D, with 2 or 3 of us sitting on the roof, driving round at 4am just chilling. It was great fun
  2. Creaking r o/s

ah fantastic, ill do that in the morning, thanks guys
  3. Creaking r o/s

had the car jacked up today, and noticed that it was making a very audible creaking sound when it was moved... No idea as to what would be causing this, any ideas would be vey useful! Thanks
  4. Tie Down points in the boot.

I was faced with the same problem. I like to be able to move my amp and sub from the car when carrying large loads. I have a 10"floor facing sony sub with separate amp. I drilled and mounted the amp onto the side of the sub box. Then I use bungee cord to wrap once round the sub/amp combo at it's...
  5. Everyone's opinions needed please.

Third ones look alright. No massive labels on them either
  6. changing rear number plate lights, tutorial needed

Weirdly good timed thread, one of my bulbs went today. Was interested in putting white LEDs in. Any advice on which ones would be great so that they look OEM and won't get pulled over all of the time....
  7. Soot on the back (PD130)

Magic torque dust that scares poor little boy racers
  8. new pd130 owner needs advice

I'll bare that in mind when I finally map it...
  9. new pd130 owner needs advice

10 miles of steady driving! Jeez I hope that's conservative. I always say around 4 then it's good..
  10. new pd130 owner needs advice

What colour? Remap p-torque or revo are mentioned a lot on here. Uprated breaks, RARB. Some good performance mods. Styling is highly personal and depends on your colour
  11. Is it me or is this common?

3rd opinion; that's fine, don't bother. Hope you now have peace of mind!
  12. head unit guide?

Should be a connection on your amp that is labeled 'remote'. Wire this through the car to the rear of the head unit to the remote wire, normally blue. Though you may need to get a wiring diagram from the instruction booklet of your HU to be sure on this. Though they are normally blue, and if it...
  13. Routing audio cables for a MK4 tutorial?

Normally a blue cable coming out the back of the HU. Connect this with a long piece of wire to the remote connection on your amp
  14. huge wiper problem !

Yeah, this has been really getting to me, progressively getting worse as well. Have been meaning to post this on here but keep forgetting, thanks for doing it for me!
  15. huge wiper problem !

Mine has started to develop this fault too. They will not turn off and go near full speed for no reason. It's so annoying. I'll have it on the slowest setting, then out of no where, will go full speed, then back to normal. I am a newbie to taking apart the column too, so where would I start to...
  16. Ground point in boot

I'll check both those out tomorrow morning and make a decision on it from there. Thanks lads
  17. Ground point in boot

Wiring up the sub to the new HU. Anyone know any convenient grnd points in the boot. I know there are some bolt points in the spare wheel hole, but tough to get bolts on Any ingenious ideas?
  18. Head Unit yellow wire memory cable

No you're right, I just switched them round, works fine now. Thanks mate!
  19. Head Unit yellow wire memory cable

So I got a Kenwood KDC-6051U for xmas, a handy single din unit that fulfils my iphone connectivity needs, but after installing it I have come across a problem. Unit works fine, but once the ignition is off it resets it's memory, i.e. all my presets, settings etc are removed. I have deduced...
  20. Speaker knowledge?

The sub connector on the stereo is the middle of the top three connectors. So by the looks of your picture, iirc it should slot in the middle one. As for power, I would imagine it needs wiring to the battery but you should try it through the HU first to see how it works..