Search results

1. Sir Monkfish

Two tier boot floor for Mk3

Hi mate, The floor i got was an old Mk3 Toledo part on ebay, the part number on it didn't match the one Dave at Sere quoted me though, so wondered if they changed it when the XL came out? There was an Altea XL floor on ebay at the same time and it looked identical.
  2. Sir Monkfish

MK2 and Mark 3 how do they compare

Sorry, meant to add common faults: Electric windows squeeling, usually requiring replacement. ABS pump sensor was a bad one (cost me £500) but Seat have finally smelled the coffee and are fixing this FOC now as they weren't fit for purpose. Rear washer not working, mine doesn't, no big deal...
  3. Sir Monkfish

MK2 and Mark 3 how do they compare

Sorry to bunk in: Legroom in the MK3 is good, in fact at one time the MK3 Toledo was the cab of choice in Spain, they were everywhere.
  4. Sir Monkfish

Got all the bits and fitted them tonight, found a used raised floor on ebay, and ordered the rest of the bits from Dave at Sere. Cheers for the help chaps! BTW, for anyone else retrofitting this in the future, don't do it in the dark/failing light, I nearly mounted the rails in the wrong holes...
  5. Sir Monkfish

Correct Thule roof bars for Freetrack/XL?

Check out www.roofbox.co.uk Just enter your car make and model and it shortlists all the compatible stuff for your car. I bought thule roof bars from them, good service.
  6. Sir Monkfish

So I've done a bit more research and it looks like (although the part numbers are different) the Mk3 Toledo and Altea XL share the exact same raised boot floor. Wondering if this is common knowledge?
  7. Sir Monkfish

I know the bit you mean, yes it does thanks mate. Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  8. Sir Monkfish

BOOM! Cheers mate, that makes sense now!
  9. Sir Monkfish

Trying to find out exactly what is required for the raised boot floor, my car never had one, and I have the opportunity to get the folding floor, but I'm assuming you need some kind of rails or brackets to sit it on? Anyone out there got one that could advise? Or perhaps any pics? Sent from...
  10. Sir Monkfish

Seat dealers - repairing G201 pressure sensor fault completely free!!!

It's good that Seat have finally got the message on this, good times for anyone from here on in with this problem, but a kick in the nuts for the many many people who have had to stump up megabucks for this weakly designed part down the years.
  11. Sir Monkfish

OBD Location

Might be the dreaded ABS unit problem, got hit with that last year :(
  12. Sir Monkfish

driver door electric ,lock button on centre console going off and on !

Toledo section can be a little sleepy, check out the Altea section, it's basically the same car anyways.
  13. Sir Monkfish

Toledo noob reporting for duty

Hi there. When you want to fold the mirrors in you need to press and hold the lock button on the fob, this will shut any open windows aswell. The front courtesy lights are notoriously glitchy, inside it's a birds nest of copper strips, once one doesn't make contact any more you've had it...
  14. Sir Monkfish

Seat altea roof bars

roofbox.co.uk is good. Just bought some for my Toledo and there was a selection to choose from, just enter your car and it will show you the options.
  15. Sir Monkfish

Top engine cover for Toledo

Mine doesn't have one either. At the time that I bought it the salesman span me a story about SEAT deciding that the covers held too much hot air in the engine bay so they removed them. Sounded like BS but it doesn't really bother me.
  16. Sir Monkfish

Mk3 Toledo Owner in waiting - The wait is over! :)

As far as I could tell, the 2.0 doesn't kick like the 1.9, but is smoother and a little more refined. I was quite pleased with the performance when I got mine... Still got it revo'd though :D Much stronger now, and since getting it done have definitely seen a small mpg improvement.
  17. Sir Monkfish

Mk3 Toledo Owner in waiting - The wait is over! :)

Mine has the rubber grommets all intact, but the little umbrella shelf squeaks sometimes when driving along - I'd be tempted to remove that. I'm in the same situation as you with the tow bar, mine is fixed and has started to rust a bit, looks awful :(
  18. Sir Monkfish

average mpg - 2.0tdi sport

I was always averaging around 42-44ish, but since my remap it's snuck up to 46-48, and that's with a regular 'enthusiastic' run.
  19. Sir Monkfish

EGR Clean

You can get the end cover off and crimp it back on again but be careful, it will be full of oil, and the rubber gasket will probably tear. If it's like mine was (jammed open) then it will be teeth broken off the plastic 90 degree cog :(
  20. Sir Monkfish

Altea Interior Light

Nice one! Do you mind me asking how much the scrappy wanted for it?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.