Search results

1. aaron-gardner

blowing boost pipe off

Sounds very unusual. Best thing to do is make sure it's clean from any oil residue and buy the correct size t-bolt clamp. These can be wound up the tightest without breaking. They are mainly used for exhaust so should be more than capable of holding a piece of silicone to a pipe.
  2. aaron-gardner

Best place to get parts rods rings

Complete kits can be had from ina a sponsor on here for around £400 delivered but you would need to buy a set of rings separate which ina will supply for around £70 extra. The kit contains forged rods. Gaskets, timing belt, head bolts etc...everything you will need basically to do the...
  3. aaron-gardner

Revo stage 1 FR TDI vs standard LCR....???

A mapped lc vs a 210 Lcr the mapped lc is as fast but a 225 Lcr still has a slight advantage but it really is hard to measure and true driver skill will separate the small power difference. A good lc driver would beat an average driver in the r. But around a track the Lcr has a better edge with...
  4. aaron-gardner

Readiness test

I got this fault when I de-cat my car. It didn't happen straight away but it started doing it when my cat was not doing it's job as efficiently as it should. So I believe that bank 1 efficiency too low is read by the lambda sensor for emission purpose. Also your catalyst test has failed on both...
  5. aaron-gardner

what would it sound like?

It does not make a huge difference to be honest. Get a little bit more noise in the car "cabin drone" but generally wont notice much. It's the backbox which makes the biggest difference.
  6. aaron-gardner

Readiness test

It seems like your 02 sensor is working if it's passed both tests.
  7. aaron-gardner

Turbo???

Green if stock or yellow if mapped I believe.
  8. aaron-gardner

Readiness test

I believe they are the same. But someone should know for certain.
  9. aaron-gardner

Readiness test

And as above. Make sure the car is up to temp before checking. But it seems like you did this with 02 sensor heat check passed.
  10. aaron-gardner

Readiness test

02 sensor before the cat. And yes a faulty 02 sensor causes poor mpg figures due to over fuelling. Running rich as you suspect. And now it's running rich it will make the 02 sensor soot up more. Could be a duff sensor or faulty wiring. Either way get it sorted soon. And putting a filter on the...
  11. aaron-gardner

Cheapest way to make my car louder

If you have fitted a 3" downpipe and decat/sport cat then you are better off going for a custom remap. Which is effectively a stage 2 anyways. You might not get the most out of it but a generic stage 1 will only see 210bhp where as a custom map with your setup could get around 225bhp. Maybe a...
  12. aaron-gardner

Yeah forgot about the over baffled. Backbox. Can pick up some half decent universals on eBay for around £50+
  13. aaron-gardner

Non resonated race tubes are on eBay for around £40 and a decat with 3" downpipe is less than £100. Not only will it be louder but will spool up and drive a bit better and also better for re-map potential. Also drilling holes is the stock airbox is a free method to improve grunt along with...
  14. aaron-gardner

Intercooler suppliers 600x300x76

Toyosport is tried and tested on here and is also recommended by many lc owners. Can't go wrong in my opinion.
  15. aaron-gardner

Mis firing ;(

You need to get it diagnosed. Sounds like plugs or coils are at fault or possibly a injector. Get the code read and you will get your answer. It sounds like the common symptoms my mk1 cupra had with coils/plugs. Things to check if this is the case are when engine is running disconnect and...
  16. aaron-gardner

Best petrol to use

What about a tesco? They sell 99 momentum at some stations. If not then I find personally that sainsburys super unleaded runs the best on my car next to these.
  17. aaron-gardner

lost my locking wheel nut

Last time I got a spare from a dealer it was about £30 if they are the original set then a dealer will supply one. I don't know how much seat will charger for a new one tho.
  18. aaron-gardner

Whats need for a Stage 2 map??

Wanna swap jobs our house? Lol I live in Newport and work in Crickhowell/ abbergavenny. Let us know how you get on at gwentvw. Mines ready for a custom stage 3 and I need to get it mapped sooner rather than later.
  19. aaron-gardner

Engine conversion

Basically what I ment to say was get the complete front end. Engine radiator all pipework fuel lines. Whatever connects to the engine within the engine bay you will need the lot. I would imagine driveshafts are needed and possibly the subframe may be different but I'm not sure. I don't know...
  20. aaron-gardner

Engine conversion

Basically need complete engine with the harness and also will need the ecu at least. Probably need engine mounts and of course a whole new exhaust. It is possible to do but is a big job. Look around for a car that's breaking and get the engine, harness and ecu from the same car. At least that...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.