Search results

1. APR vs REVO

Come on Poverty, lets be realistic - the only reason you do still post is because you've moved away from SEAT, but still want to post on here to rub your new car in everyones face, how fast it is, or how you know better now that you've moved on - you've done the SEAT thing, been there, done...
  2. Retro fit DRL

This is the sort of thing. Pics too. Dectane... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showpost.php?p=2855891&postcount=12 http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259368&highlight=dectane
  3. Retro fit DRL

Jarre, another option is a set of new front (aftermarket) headlights that have DRL's designed inside the glass? There was someone on the forum here a little while ago, with a set of new ones fitted, from Germany. Had an AUDI line of lights that run all day long, then when you switch on the...
  4. Custom made sill protector

We need to create an actual LIST of all those in? Reading back through, showing interest.... :) (Copy and add your name as necessary) Masterkm Bidnod00 webwysard StealthInspired alwaysinfront Hockey_Guy AndrewJB (?) Doobdonk jimbo_howarth tony323ci (?) leecupra240 gatman To be...
  5. Custom made sill protector

This is the other thing though, if they make an initial 'batch' they are likely to all be the same? So I wont be putting them on if they have "SPORT" written on them (no offense). :) Reminds me when I contacted HAYNES asking if they would bring out a "Performance tuning" guide for MY car...
  6. Cupra R Test Drive

Sounds great - plus lucky you, with the prospect of driving off in a nice new Cupra R ! ;) Mine is a Mk2 Leon FR (Diesel - PD170) - I've often toyed with the idea of switching to a performance PETROL Leon instead, such as the Cupra or just for its exclusiveness, a K1. While the step up in...
  7. Irritating rear light

......as a last resort, could be a dry solder joint or bad track somewhere on the bulb holder. The bulb holder/housing is a long thin plastic item - might be worth removing it completely and getting a new one from SEAT. Cant cost much, plus easy to replace. It seperates from the Cluster, then...
  8. Custom made sill protector

silly question - is there any chance water etc can get trapped under Sill protectors like these which can advance corrosion or anything? It'd be almost impossible to get a perfectly tight Sill protector with exactly the same creases (as per the actual sill of the car). Anyhow, we aren't...
  9. Irritating rear light

Just one bulb playing up or the whole cluster? One bulb - I'd say change it. Whole cluster, pull the wiring connector off the back of the cluster and clean its contacts to remove grime and debris - do the same for the mating connector ON the back of the cluster too. Use some GT85 or something...
  10. So far so Leon

That sounds about right - you adjust the RIGHT hand side mirror (with the switch to the right) but that does do them both, then you twist the knob to the left, and can move the Left one on its own then... :D :rolleyes:
  11. So far so Leon

Nice review, was an interesting comparison - plus pleased to hear you are on the whole, happy with your transition to the Leon. Regarding the adjustable mirrors - on the Leon - if you twist the manual mirror control knob, in the centre console, you are able to adjust the side mirrors...
  12. New Speed Blue K1 - Just wanted to share!

I prefer the styling of the original PD Leon, compared to the softer CR lines etc. But got to say, that facelift Leon above, in the Blue, with the BTCC looks great !
  13. New Speed Blue K1 - Just wanted to share!

You mean you added go faster White bonnet stripes plus a couple of protruding spotlights, and you had yourself a Cooper lookalike? ;) I still see one (the ORIGINAL Mini) that passes on a road I walk along in the mornings to work - centre twin exhaust - classic fun car! :) It's interesting...
  14. Fuel consumption dependant on weather?

Colder air is actually better from a performance perspective (especially with Turbo/Intercoolers), as more cool dense air gets sucked in, which will create a hotter explosion inside the cylinder, producing more power per combustion cycle in the engine. Perhaps "warmer" fuel in your tank will...
  15. help with 1/4 mile run with k1 stage 2+

I think it also involves having someone heavy, sat on the bonnet (an INSTANT anti-lift kit)! :D Removing rear seats removes significant weight too.
  16. help with 1/4 mile run with k1 stage 2+

General observation - 1st and 2nd gear are almost useless when trying for a new land speed record.... at the traffic lights. Personal experience. :) It's either a case of shifting VERY quickly, or you just rely on the TORQUE, as you work through the gears (referring to a PD170 Mk2 Leon), to...
  17. Roof spoiler

I've read the Spoiler is only bonded - no screws used. It's a sad world we live in when others are that desperate, they try ripping a spoiler off the back of someone elses car! :(
  18. Custom made sill protector

I'd be interested. Count me in. But I'd like a set that said "FR", or "LEON FR", plus in the official SEAT Italic font if possible. Asking too much?. :rolleyes:
  19. Gloss black undertray

Masterkm - you could turn the trim over, then just trace around the original exhaust cutout, with a piece of paper underneath. Then cut this shape out and tape it to the other side, and score a line using a sharp craft knife around its outline, to get the correct cutout shape/size on the other...
  20. Forge Atmospheric Blow Off Valve Spacer Causing Limp?

You one of these knobs who comes off the gas just as you are driving past pedestrians on the pavement... just to make that "TSHHHHHHH" !!? On the outside I might smile, but inside I'm thinking :w4nk: ...just so you know what people really DO think. Enjoy.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.