Search results

1. Altea - how old is yours, how many miles and...

We have a 56 plate Stylance 1.9 TDi PD with 169,500 miles. Oil replaced every 6k since we bought it in 2010 at 103k, only ever used VW Quantum long life Always genuine parts used. We had it remapped at Star Performance in Fife, Scotland at 133k with no adverse effects, although it has a flat...
  2. Wheels - pre and post facelift interchangeable?

Thanks Cupra_Ross. I was worried that would be the case. Now she sees no reason not to buy it! It's a 2.0 CR Tdi and looks pretty good, and being an Altea it is much cheaper than the alternatives....
  3. Wheels - pre and post facelift interchangeable?

Hi guys, I'm looking at a post facelift Altea for my wife and wanted to know whether the pre-faceflift wheels will just go on, or if they are a different spec? I have a set of winter wheels/tyres for her car (2007 Altea Stylance with 205/55/16's) this now and would like to transfer them...
  4. Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

Quick update. The car was home yesterday and it failed to start again (it was -2 degrees when trying), so it went in to the garage today. My brother was up visiting last week from Englandshire and bought a code reader and all 4 plugs were showing as faulty. After clearing they would throw the...
  5. Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

Incidentally, it warmed up a couple of degrees in between the first post and me buying and fitting the battery a few days later and I never had a repeat of problem I originally posted with. The battery was obviously on it's way out anyway, so that's good to change, but I wonder with the noise...
  6. Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

I managed to pick up an "Economy" battery from TPS in the end for a very reasonable £55.74. It was just an Exide Battery with VAG branding on the top. I also got some new discs and pads along with a couple of handbrake cables (right one took nearly 2.5 hours to replace after I managed to pull...
  7. Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

I would prefer to go with the Varta E44, good recommendation and excellent reviews. As I said, my wife is away all week and it would offer piece of mind. I have the Bosch S4 as a backup at around £10 more (after a 5% discount at Eurocarparts). We live in deepest, darkest Scotland and next day...
  8. Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

Very tempting, but will hold off til tomorrow and see if I can get one locally for similar money, otherwise I'll get it ordered from Ebay. I had this years ago and my local Ford dealer matched the price I quoted them from a loacl factors. Hoping for a similar response from the VW garage, but...
  9. Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

Thanks again skard, It's reading 13.56v after a wee drive. I also had the tick-tick-tick at one point which lead me to the battery. Sounds like it's on the edge of going maybe. There's an auto-electrician in town (about 20 minutes away), but I have just called to find he is shut til Monday 5th...
  10. Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

I have just started the car with a jump off my other car. When I first tried it was the same (sounded like the started had stayed in position and it stalled with a clunk), but I gave it a minute, gave the donor car a rev and it started up with a puff of grey/white smoke (I assume from...
  11. Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

Thanks for the reply. Just tried the spare and no difference. It sounds like the starter is not disengaging when it should and it kills the engine. Is that likely?
  12. Altea 1.9tdi BXE wont start - help! starter motor/glow plugs/battery/crank sensor

Hi guys, We have a 2007 Altea 1.9tdi with BXE engine code. It's on 153k and passed it's MOT on Christmas Eve with no problems on the emissions tests. That was the last time the car was taken out and it has a near full tank of fuel. This lunch time my wife went to take the car out and it...
  13. 1.9 Remap - 4 months on...

Just disappear for a couple of hours and pay using cash and she'll never know - tell her that you've cleaned the head flange grommet after you noticed the big end hicky and see if she notices the difference! Don't know where you are, but while Jim @ Star was a bit more expensive than a couple...
  14. 1.9 Remap - 4 months on...

Hi guys, I have a 56 plate 1.9 TDi 105 which I had remapped in June (BXE engine code). My wife is going to be working away for 3 years and traveling 500 miles per week, so thought I'd treat her as it was pretty underpowered for all the A-road driving she'll be doing now. Our other car is a...
  15. Alternator freewheel Pulley

I had mine done after a few weeks of playing "what's that strange noise" coming from the front. Our car actually sounded like the DMF had gone the way it was making a racket at start up, but we had that replaced earlier this year. When starting it would sometimes make a horrendous thump and...
  16. Whoops, just knocked sensor off windscreen and it wont stay on now...

Hi all, Just wanted to give an update on this problem. The clear silicone pad which sits between the sensor and the screen isn't actually adhesive. It's just a means to transfer the data from the screen to the sensor (i.e. how much water is on the screen). The sensor is held on with some kind...
  17. Squeaky Windows !!

Thanks robint, I've been putting this job off for nearly 2 months. I bought my regulator from W Livingstone Seat, Glasgow as I was sure I'd never manage to rethread the cables, and having now done the job I know I wouldn't have managed! Thanks to the step by step instructions and good pictures...
  18. Whoops, just knocked sensor off windscreen and it wont stay on now...

Fantastic. I've been directed to rejel.com by them. I just need to double check the one I need and will order up tomorrow. Many thanks for your help.
  19. Whoops, just knocked sensor off windscreen and it wont stay on now...

Ok, it took a while to get back on here....busy summer! Autoglass couldn't help and neither could the local VW or Seat dealers. The sensor still hangs there and it's getting annoying to see it, however, following a truck yesterday gave me a decent chip on the windscreen (now my 3rd), so...
  20. TDI tuning box on my 1.9TDI PD

Tuning Box Hi, looked back on here for an update on the tuning box to see it's up for sale! Do you still have it? Can't see how to PM you to ask, sorry. Thanks.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.