Search results

1. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

It’s mainly leaving corners and on the bumpy country roads when you notice it most. The slightest bump in the road would send the wheels spinning in 3rd, it holds on much better now. Autotechnica in hull have done a few 4wd conversions on the mk2. Probably not cheap but neither is a diff :(
  2. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Get yours 4wd converted you can get miles more power down then ;) I’d get mine done but it’s a right ball ache on the mk1 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Torque is 380 from memory but for the road i wouldn’t want much more, despite having the diff and about the stickiest road legal tyres you can buy it’s still not possible to put foot down in second without spinning up the tyres [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Cheers yeah it was a tad traumatic but it’s been worth it, thankfully it’s behaved itself since. Think I might try and break the 400 barrier this year just to say I’ve done it
  5. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Bit of over Xmas tidying done and a new hot side due to seized and sheared bolts to the Downpipe adaptor Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Icestorm's hybrid LCR mk1 374.2bhp and 341.8lbft

375 out of a hybrid [emoji44]! Makes me wonder why I bothered going big turbo ha ha. Love them centre gauges too Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. D.K's LCR, #Projectcarbon. Still alive

Lovely example you’ve got there! Nice to see a few of the older builds still alive Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Grahams81-Leon 4wd, Big Turbo - Back in the saddle :-)

Gutted to see you never finished this, what a project! I've certainly nearly thrown the towel in on mine a few times and you've taken on a monster in comparison. Other things just take priority sometimes. I hope you change your mind but if not, there will always be other opportunities in the...
  9. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

I've had the dreaded wet carpets :( It had water sat on the sills for a while but now it's actually getting in the car. Door cards off, pretty sure I know where it's coming from. Forgot to take photos after completion but there's definitely no water getting through that seal anymore. Old...
  10. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Thanks. You might be waiting a while, the amount of money I've ploughed into it, i fully intend on making the most of it [emoji1] Capped at 350 for insurance at the moment but made 390 on the rollers. Should see over 400 with bigger injectors and 430-450 if I went with a tubular manifold and...
  11. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 World Slowest Garrett GTX2867R Build Not posted for a while, thankfully nothing gone wrong (touchwood) Took her to the Nurburgring and tested it out on the autobahns. Awesome feeling sat up the behind of a Porsche gt4 that's trying to pull off but the humble Leon is glued...
  12. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Everybody loves a flame Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 World Slowest Garrett GTX2867R Build Need a new pic but forgot to post the "post quick clean and polish" (plenty of work left to do but it's coming up well). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Turbo blanket and heat wrap on Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Spacers on before after Before after Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Finally being able to start tidying things up and tweaking, bit of heat protection going on now Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

Hi Matty, it made 390bhp limited by injectors at 1.8bar with no use of meth other than additional cooling. It'll be limited to 350 for now though for insurance purposes and until the lsd is fitted :) Unfortunately gear based boost wasn't possible due to the size of the compressor with a small...
  18. Mk1 Leon Cupra R 225 Garrett GTX2867R Build

I may expand on this later ;), but FINALLY! the car is mapped and running well! It feels like the end of an era, R-tech have done a fantastic job of mapping the car, super smooth, useable power. Unfortunately gear based boost wasn't possible :( but it's a pleasure to drive none the less...
  19. Cut out while driving steady on dual carriageway

Have you scanned it? The car should have logged a code if it cut out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. Brakes connected to DV????????

Think someone asked something similar on one of the Facebook groups recently. I think it's a failsafe which detects that the brake is pressed and assumes the throttle position switch is faulty and cuts the power. Someone else who knows for sure might be able to confirm?!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members