Search results

1. Cornish Pixie

Which fuel to fill up with?

Run my derv FR on Total Excellium, definately runs much smoother, less regens and is usually 3-4mpg better on the daily commute and my less regular motorway runs yield 60+ mpg without to much effort and usually cruising at 75-80.
  2. Cornish Pixie

New Intake

Agree, I know some cars are very prone to heat soak running problems when stuck in traffic jams on hot days, resulting in lumpy running and eml issues. Nice looking set up though
  3. Cornish Pixie

Should I buy Ibiza without service booklet

Can't imagine Seat are any different to other manufacturers where you can access a cars service history via there data base. I would ask for a print out of the cars service history and a new service booklet for servicing dealer to stamp from this point forwards. If they won't/can't give you a...
  4. Cornish Pixie

Inbetween the seats!

A short length of hose pipe pushed into the end of the standard tools and any gaps sealed up with a bit of masking tape will do the job for you.
  5. Cornish Pixie

Sport Rim Size?

Yep, there are loads of used Ibiza's out there, walk away and buy the car and spec you want. The dealer you are using should be able to get you one with 17's from the Seat UK network, it would be mad to buy this one and then shell out more cash for 17's because you didn't really want 16's.
  6. Cornish Pixie

260hp Cupra

I seem to remember reading that some of the changes that were proposed to our MOT rules would effectively achieve a similar thing to this. i.e. car needs to be as it left the factory or any modifications need to be type approved etc - not sure what the current state of play is with regard to...
  7. Cornish Pixie

Ibiza or not?

Diesel FR - You will have plenty of torque and decent mpg. Also has enough kit to keep most people happy.
  8. Cornish Pixie

Away for more paint

Now that looks the mutts nuts!
  9. Cornish Pixie

custom catback exhaust system

If its a one piece system you might have to thread it between the tow front seats or cut it in two.
  10. Cornish Pixie

spraying alloys

Had set of Speedlines powder coated by Lepsos for £226, that was tyres off, little bit of refurb work, powder coated in sparkle silver, tyres back on and balanced. Took them two working days. http://www.lepsons.com/media.phtml Very durable and blemish free finish Don't think they have...
  11. Cornish Pixie

planning on getting a cupra-any advice

Nope and nope to those questions, mines an FR Diesel - all torque and no miss fires ;)
  12. Cornish Pixie

This isn't directed at you Jay, more a general observation after reading the last sentance of your post (above) - Why would anyone bother to buy a car thinking they was a good chance of getting some or all of the above problems? I mean there not exactly small teething problems are they...
  13. Cornish Pixie

Insurance is a Joke!

The practice of charging to cancel a policy mid term is fairly common practice in the insurance industry and the basis for cancellation will be in the small print of the terms and conditions of the policy. People that pay up front are the easiest to charge, simply because the insurance company...
  14. Cornish Pixie

Insurance is a Joke!

Admiral are an insurance broker and sell policies from many different insurance companies. Their may be a small percentage of their business that is self insured but most of it will simply be completed on the basis of being the middle man. Because of the volume of business that they sell...
  15. Cornish Pixie

Quick photoshop of Planned Mods...

Silver mirrors all the way - Keep the FR identity
  16. Cornish Pixie

Cnady White or Ice Silver/Luna Grey??

Sounds like you have made your mind up. Personally I wouldn't worry about speculative trade in values, just buy the car in the colour you like. White all the way for me.
  17. Cornish Pixie

cooling fans

Sounds like a regen, my FR doesn't show any dash lights when its doing its once a week regen, but the engine fan stays on for ages after the engine is switched off
  18. Cornish Pixie

Leak...

Mine does it whenever it rains very heavily, produces a fairly constant drip when driving around town.
  19. Cornish Pixie

Buy a diesel FR, loads of torque, good mpg, fairly sporty in standard form, dead easy to get to around 180 bhp and...................................................no miss fires:headhurt: :D
  20. Cornish Pixie

Leak...

Pretty sure its the door seal - Just need to decide if I'm going to let the stealer have a go at fixing it or whether to cut out the middle man (and probably 2 or 3 trips to the stealer until they actually fix it) and just fix it myself.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise