Search results

1. Nam-uk

Speaker Upgrade

I used MDF cut to the same as shelf also added pins for hinges and some speaker cloth back in the day, worked well due to weight as there's no sag..
  2. Nam-uk

what have you done to your car today ?

might be some rubber mountings are going, bumps Don't helps ones rubberness we all get old lol
  3. Nam-uk

Fleet car wont be mapped also first gear has always been useless even when mapped, only issue i have with the PD is the floppy gearbox and first gear especially after driving old school hot hatches but the torque makes up for that even after owning a R5 GTTurbo and that was phase one chipped yet...
  4. Nam-uk

Exactly and the list goes no and its big, yet the Pro Evangelist will ague the fact until there blue in the face lol, If the pro EV green brigade invented the wheel we will still stuck in the stone age as they made it the wrong shape psml, all polish and no depth that idea even worse...
  5. Nam-uk

Have had a generic map done by Awesome Gti over well over 10 years ago for 150 quid on deal yea lol its been great but as normal you got to watch the clutch https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-car/volkswagen/bora/awesome-tdi-remap-for-the-1-9tdi-pd-engine-4/ On another note got the insurance...
  6. Nam-uk

it will be all forgotten once she's chomping on the meat and two veg
  7. Nam-uk

Very climate friendly Greta will be proud lol
  8. Nam-uk

With the paint metallic that’s the proper way to spray and blend it in so it all matches my late uncle used to have a body shop that’s how I know I learned a far bit from him , you should of asked to do the bonnet also even payed for it..
  9. Nam-uk

wtf :oops:, put one of them magnet stickers over it in the same colour as the bonnet lol
  10. Nam-uk

I've got some good cleaners but I've never used snow foam, for cost this is worth a go they also have a ebay account were it can be cheaper sometimes, i use the Radiator additives also, good direct site, like Stan laurel says cut out the middle man lol...
  11. Nam-uk

So really your half gone from the site, this is like semi retirement lol, Awsome GTi Did my Generic map back in 2012
  12. Nam-uk

Clock and trip keep resetting??

There was 3 under the battery tray I cleaned up it’s a common issue with the mk1, Sounds like you’ll need an auto electrician
  13. Nam-uk

Clock and trip keep resetting??

it is an old thread, probably not here now with a different car, that pic looks like an earth connection I've not got an LCR so i cant locate were that is, but on my pd under the battery I've cleaned up all the earth connections as the can cause issues
  14. Nam-uk

No good without the rest of the car 🤣
  15. Nam-uk

as long as they do the job well I'm not bothered i do like the protection ridge on the side it saved the paint on the wheel the other day
  16. Nam-uk

I had the same dilemma there was around a 1mm on tyres some lower, but that same deal come up but for £332 i got the AS6 coming from the F1 Asymmetric 2 very good i did not think id notice a difference with AS6 but it was big, its ether that or Michelin pilot there both in the same league, i got...
  17. Nam-uk

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/4-x-fitted-goodyear-eagle-f1-asymmetric-6-22545-r17-94y-wcode-4299188
  18. Nam-uk

Seal under the pollen box needs replacing, its the same foam seal used on the inner door panels when lock is replaced, the foam on the flap is the same crumbling foam i just took that off so it don't get into the system as when the box was removed it was all at the bottom when doing the pollen...
  19. Nam-uk

That rubber cover that goes on top then you fit the two clips that hold it on the cowl panel I always Check that rubber side’s don’t kink left side is worst for it, also worth looking if there’s damage on it like rips ect , sounds really wet that filter I’d change it once sorted
  20. Nam-uk

Seal under the pollen box that fix’s to the body could be gone, worth checking
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.