Search results

1. simon_709

Problem with HID headlights

I found the problem and it was just a loose wire that goes to the headlights, never does it now :)
  2. simon_709

Show off your mk2 ibiza :)

Is that a topaz blue gti u have mate?
  3. simon_709

gearbox and clutch problems

Ok that helps is one comes up :)
  4. simon_709

Yeah I had the pedal box re welded a few weeks ago when I had the clutch cable changed, ok ill try and track one down lol. Does anyone know if the gearboxes of a golf gti with the abf engine will fit?
  5. simon_709

Ok so ill just get another 2.0 16v. I've already replaced the cable and the garage I went to said its def the clutch :( and now I've completely lost 5th I'm guessing the box has had it
  6. simon_709

Hi ppl I've currently got a very stiff clutch pedal and all my gears are extremely hard to engage, and yesterday I lost 5th gear, so I'm assuming the clutch and gearbox are both ****ed basically. I already knew the clutch was going anyway, I was wondering if a 1.4 gearbox and clutch would fit my...
  7. simon_709

gearbox issues :(

Think I'd rather have the clutch replaced than the gearbox tbh lol. I've been looking for a box just incase and I found one on ebay for 125quid delivered so that's there if I need it :).
  8. simon_709

Ah I just noticed that lol. Well thanks for ur halp anyway mate. Gna get it booked in for wed next week so ill report back incase anyone else has the same problem.
  9. simon_709

Ahh well ill say ur spot on then coz they are heat wrapped so they must be cables... Don't suppose u know how to adjust them? I saw the main adjuster and I moved that along but it hasn't made it any better.
  10. simon_709

That's really helpful thanks mate, tbh I did think it was my clutch at first because it drives fine when its in gear. Its just a bitch to get in gear lol. But it looks like mine is rods and mines a 16v :s. I'm gna get it in2 a garage next week and I will report back! Thanks for ur help :)
  11. simon_709

I found out mine are rods. Does anyone know how to adjust them please??????
  12. simon_709

Do u know if they can be tightened at all mate?
  13. simon_709

Hi guys hope u all had a good christmas, unfortunately I've already got my first problem of the year with my gti, for a while its been getting hard to select some gears ( mostly 1,2 and reverse. But last night I was having to force it in2 every gear. So I'm undecided if its the clutch or the...
  14. simon_709

abf thermostat housing

Thanku very much mate!
  15. simon_709

abf thermostat housing

I realise this is a old post, but my thermostat housing has split and I can't seem to find a replacement housing anywhere I look :( its for a 2.0 16v gti. Does anyone know where I can get this from please??
  16. simon_709

radiator fan question?

Yeah I've already removed the foggy and put a cold air feed In there, think the most I've seen the temp go up to is 94 and that was after thrashing it lol. Never been like that since!
  17. simon_709

radiator fan question?

It was just an idea to get more cool air in2 the air filter, but u see what ur saying so that's fair enough lol. Thanks :)
  18. simon_709

radiator fan question?

Yeah I see what u mean mate, its just because I bought a twin fan to replace the single one, and wanted to keep one running all the time.
  19. simon_709

radiator fan question?

No it doesn't overheat but I just wanted it to run all of the time, coz the engine bay gets to hot! And also when it is hot eg when the oil temp is 84 degrees my gears become harder to change as well.
  20. simon_709

radiator fan question?

Does anyone know if its possible to have the fan running all the time while the ignition is switched on? I want to do this to mine to help keep the engine bay as cool as possible and just guessed it would be a case of swapping the wires around on the plug going in to the fan.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members