Search results

1. 1.9 ibiza knock or crack

This is not a regular knock or crack,it can be produced by reversing and then braking the same thing going forward also when driving the car if you turn it will do it straight ahead will do it.. i dont think its a driveshaft because it would be more regular As its my daughters car i thought at...
  2. antiroll bar bush change?

I thought i was right the bush in the X position has no strength when a side or up and down force is applied. Badger89 is it you who posted a load of pictures and info on putting Cupra bushes in? can't find them at the moment !! where are they?? also can you get the cupra bushes anywhere else...
  3. antiroll bar bush change?

Hi All Had the car on the lift!! links and rollbar ok. consol bushes fitted dec 2012 shot won't pas next mot!! possibly because man who fitted them put them an X position instead of a +position in the arm. or does it not make any difference?
  4. tone or gong sound?

thanks lads for the comments it certainly could be that. I was unaware there was a freeze warning on her car!! i only heard it go off once but on two occasions that night.
  5. tone or gong sound?

Hi all I don't drive my daughters ibiza very often so i am wondering why when driving it back from london heathrow the other night in the pouring rain i heard a tone or gong sound a couple of times, i had the feeling it came from behind me but i can't think what would cause it or what it was...
  6. antiroll bar bush change?

Thanks for your input so far lads, Perhaps i should read manuals a little slower!!! the instructions i've been reading are for the total removall of the antiroll bar from the car!! there is not a section on just bush renewall and i was under the impression that you had to take the bar off...
  7. antiroll bar bush change?

Hi There Badger 89, Supposed to be new console bushes fitted last year by garage!! i had a moan at the time because they used ibiza bushes instead of cupra which they had been told to use.also had new bar to sus links fitted. This is only a very light tapping/nocking...
  8. antiroll bar bush change?

Hi all, Is it possible to change antiroll bar rubbers without stripping half the car down as Haynes manual seems to suggest, my daughters late 2002 TDI s has slight knocking noise underneath when go'ing over uneven surfaces and i'm hoping it's the rubber bushes
  9. Ibiza Smoking/ Burning Oil - HELP!

Hi Smithy84, just curious why does the head have to come to do the stem seals?
  10. Exhaust Back Box...

i have been quoted £58 fitted for rear box for 1.9 sport rider from Elite at Dagenham
  11. best oil for PD

Ford branded oils including S/SD 5W/40 are produced by Castrol for Ford Motor Co . the tdi 1.9 sport rider handbook states (A) Multigrade Synthetic oils with a spec VW 505 00 and (B) Branded Multigrade Synthetic oils with a spec VW 505 00 or API-CF or ACEA B2 or B3. On the Ford container is the...
  12. best oil for PD

I will answer my own question no it won't do for a diesel!! you need Ford oil S/SD 5W/40 as used in VW engined Galaxy. back to the dealers tomorrow
  13. best oil for PD

would this oil be suitable for a standard tdi 1.9 Sport. Ford formula F Synthetic oil (WSS-M2c913-C/B/A. ACEA A1/B1 by the price!! it should be, but i would like to be sure
  14. Fitting Cupra wishbone bushes guide

2x 602 Powerflex bushes to be fitted plus rear exhaust box plus tracking =£225 not bad,what do you think?
  15. Fitting Cupra wishbone bushes guide

thanks for the info,will check this morning which bushes they are fitting although Powerflex have dicontinued the inserts according to their website but will check not old stock
  16. Fitting Cupra wishbone bushes guide

Hi Fr, You are right, i thought the end of the wishbone had a nut on it clamping the bush uptight. could you tell me what sort of length of life the front bush has? my daughters car is due to have powerflex bushes fitted on friday, the originals have lasted approx 63000 miles is that...
  17. Fitting Cupra wishbone bushes guide

one thing i don't understand, you are torquing up these rubber bushes with the vehicle jacked up or on axle stands, i have fitted many wishbone bushes and have never done the final tightening till the weight of the vehicle is on the wishbone, if it is jacked up i would have thought that when...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.