Search results

1. conc

Rear strut mount

Cheers Manic, Been speaking with the father-in-law and it sounds like an easy fix. Just finding the means to safely do it.
  2. conc

Rear strut mount

Cheers, Rich. My guy's said he could weld it but wouldn't feel safe enough bodging it. On with a couple of breakers and local fabricators we do work for at the minute. Thanks again
  3. conc

Rear strut mount

Hi all! Bit of a last gasp saloon here for my Cupra. Attached images show the top of my driver side rear strut and the body mount it connects to. Struggling to find a "part" for the body mount (circled in green). Is finding a Cupra scrapper with someone who can grind off the panel to be...
  4. conc

Leon/Toledo HID Headlamp Guide/FAQ

Suitable? I purchased this HID Kit and fitted it last Saturday. Worked perfectly but yesterday my Driver Side came on, faded and was off by the time I got home. Turned the lights off and on again and it worked. Today it didn't work at all. Swapped the ballasts over and the driver side worked...
  5. conc

Additional Remap Parts

£299 (total) Fitted the valve and panel while the base program was uploaded. Installed those then tuned the map. Standard exhaust mate. All I've changed is the above.
  6. conc

Additional Remap Parts

Well, it's done. Had the Remap, 007p & Pipercross panel all installed on Saturday. I literally smiled all the way home. Even received some pleasant 'tsss' tones when shifting. Happy, HAPPY days! :p Only an 11 mile drive home but got a venture down to Leeds, then across to Richmond on...
  7. conc

6 disc cd changer fault

Aye, I've had this but I just switch to another disc, let it begin and then switch back to the 'empty' one. Seems fine after that. If a tad annoying.
  8. conc

Need new tyres

Just put these on the rear. Replaced some awful Nankang (or whatever they're called) as they'd cracked. Not good when about to remap. Already had Kumho ecsta sports (ku31's) on the front and the KU39'S have superseded them. Got them for £84 a piece too :p All good so far. Dry and wet on rails.
  9. conc

6 disc cd changer fault

Well, the "fingers crossed" technique has failed. The cotton buds and brake cleaner will be back out today.
  10. conc

Where do you have yours?

I did a guys MK2 Leon FR at work last week. He got some Charcoal pinstripes down the sides with a custom "SeatCupra.Net North East of England" sticker at the back of the rear passenger windows. Looked really nice in silver (matched the vehicle colour). I work at a signmakers so vinyl is easily...
  11. conc

6 disc cd changer fault

Glad it worked :D So simple yet effective. Did mine when I got it in January and haven't had to do it since but "every few months" is fairly vague so fingers crossed.
  12. conc

Additional Remap Parts

Cheers Pyro. Thought as much. Shall have a word with Allen at Mk4 on Thursday too.
  13. conc

Additional Remap Parts

Well I'll be getting the DV too. Why not ey? ;) My remap guy's only open Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday and missed him today so couldnt ask him this. Have I to wait 'til I get the Forge & Filter installed before finalising the map or can the map go ahead in the first place? I think I can...
  14. conc

6 disc cd changer fault

Personally, I had both of these irritating errors. I remember shouting at the head unit when it progressed from CD ERROR to just plain ERROR. Fortunately the cotton bud / disc brake cleaner combo sorted it out. :p Which was nice.
  15. conc

6 disc cd changer fault

Took me a while to actually find the 'cotton bud' method and since I'm new, I'll help ;) Take the magazine out and you'll see a white (off white) piece of plastic centrally at the rear. Use a cotton bud with a spritz of degreaser of your choice (I used Bikehut Bicycle Disc Brake Cleaner) and...
  16. conc

Additional Remap Parts

Cheers for the feedback. Will definitely be sorting the K&N and will look into the Forge 007. Need to get the Red Rocket MkII through MoT & and service first too. From what i've read, the DV won't really affect MPG either. Just thinking since it went up from 33 on the way to Mk4 Golf...
  17. conc

Additional Remap Parts

Popped down to Mk4 Golf Centre (Darlington) on Saturday on the off chance of looking at a revo remap (04 Leon Cupra). The guy their, Allen, kindly put in the 5 hour trial (which they've apparently stopped doing - 30 day money back guarantee instead). First impressions are amazing and will be...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members