Search results

1. ClearAction

Leon Cupra 20V Turbo with Azev Type A C & Saikou Michi Catch Can FSH

Owned for 9 years, two previous owners. Full V5 included. 183,000 Miles and being driven daily. Full service history. MOT and service (spark plugs, oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin filter, engine flush) two weeks ago - advisory on tyres Azev Type A Alloys - hard to find in 5x100 fitment Saikou...
  2. ClearAction

Flywheel on last legs 1.8T AUQ

For anyone who's interested, you can't mix the dmf and clutch types and you can only find out what make you have by removing them and looking. I went with luk and had slave cylinder, release bearing, clutch and dmf (with bolts) changed, with labour was £750. All of my above problems have...
  3. ClearAction

Thanks, I take it a Sachs clutch kit will be compatible with a luk or oem dm flywheel? Have found the parts on euro carparts and with a coupon is £410
  4. ClearAction

Hi, My DMF has rattled a bit since I've had the car (5-6 Years) but now it's all over the place if I drive the car with any force. I can feel vibration in the gearstick and the clutch pedal occasional sticks down. It is intermittent and when it happens, is accompanied by the whole car...
  5. ClearAction

Oil change now timing chain rattle at hot

We agreed on labour estimate of 5 hours only. Yep it turned out it was the cam chain tensioner, as now having had it replaced, the noise has gone and the car also starts and idles very nicely. Break down of price: £299 for chain tensioner, rocker/valve gasket, tensioner gasket and half...
  6. ClearAction

Oh dear! I called the garage who told me the oil pressure was fine, so they replaced tensioner, gaskets and timing belt. They were rebuilding it as I called so am picking it up tomorrow for a bill break down :help:
  7. ClearAction

Not yet had to cancel garage appointment before as needed the car. Have just been checking oil level and keeping revs up at 1200 when in cues as the tensioner seems to work then. Tomorrow should bring some news. Apparently the noise you get is due to the piston in the tensioner going but it...
  8. ClearAction

Is going in tomorrow! Asked for oil pressure test at hot idle and if it's fine then new tensioner, tensioner gasket and rocker cover gasket. There is a set kit made by Topran which is seriously tempting as it'scheap but have been stung by cheap parts before. Hopefully it's a pressure issue as...
  9. ClearAction

EML on after 30-40 miles driving

The only similar thing i had was when the hockey puck valve on the TIP went bad, idle was creeping up and had similar codes
  10. ClearAction

Thanks for the advice, the car is booked in for Tuesday for a replacement oil pickup and I'm considering an engine flush to add to the list. The garage are pretty basic and said they arent able to measure oil pressure. The rattling is pretty consistent now after about 20 minutes of driving and...
  11. ClearAction

Thanks, I'll call garage tomorrow and try discuss it with them. Thinking pick up clean or replacement (whatever is more practical) maybe a flush. Can't believe it's the tensioner gone as it has happened exactly when the oil change occurred. Gutted as just had new lower coils and shocks and poly...
  12. ClearAction

Yep thanks, bang on top and golden looking
  13. ClearAction

Thanks for the reply. I had a new oil pump about 3 years ago so believe that is covered. I remember asking the mechanic at the time. The car has been fine on 5w30, the oil change was on Saturday and has only ever made the noise since. Am confused. Sounds like the chain is starved of oil...
  14. ClearAction

Hi I had an oil and filter change. Never had any problems on Mobil 1 5w30 have used same brand filter UFI but used shell helix ultra and now have a chain rattle once engine is hot and driven for a while. The rattle only occurs at idle so thinking low oil pressure at idle. Is it the oil? Is it...
  15. ClearAction

New shocks but what else?

Ah ok, thanks. Does that give a stance or is it designed to level out the weight of the engine on the front?
  16. ClearAction

Thanks for the responses! Have got a good idea of what to go for now. Am going for the eibach 35mm coils next month. I'll send back the top mounts when they arrive but keep the rest! Maybe will get pics up in a months time
  17. ClearAction

Well I have been reading the vogtland reviews and while they are apparently good quality and value for money, not many people mentioned the ride comfort increasing much. Have bought set a of Bilstein B4 shocks and the below Powerflex bushes Ref: 1 - Front Wishbone Front Bush (2 Bushes)...
  18. ClearAction

Is 35mm same as stock height?
  19. ClearAction

Depend on labour costs and it's only a daily driver. About 400- 600 with some of the bushes is probably my limit for what I want to spend on parts.
  20. ClearAction

Thanks, Being a 2001 AUQ - does anyone know if my car will have pressed steel or cast wishbones, or will I have to just compare pictures and check mine? I'll definitely go for top mounts all round. Is there much labour involved in doing all wishbones and mounts etc? Anyone recommend...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.