Search results

1. Keyfob question, seat altea sport

From new you get 2 key fobs, one is a 3 button the other 2 button (spare). Saying that I got two key fobs with 3 buttons on our 64 plate altea. You'll have to buy a new key ...costing £100+ to have matched to your car. You could buy one off ebay then get it coded that would be your cheaper...
  2. Engine Hesitation/Stutter When Wipers Move

Have you searched yet? It was the thread directly above yours when I just looked :lol: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=417779
  3. Diesel Fuel Pump Altea XL 2011 needs replacing

Have you emailed Seat head office? Check european consumer rights you may be protected. They may go halves on the cost as a good will gesture. You'll probably find the manufacturer will be VW Audi.
  4. Engine hesitation and then juddering+ loss of power

What's the engine code? Just got rid of our 1.9 54 plate Altea. Tell me if I'm wrong but when you say limp mode do you think it might be the turbo dropping out? Have you got VCDS (Vagcom) to hook up? We just drove along turning the ignition off then on again to reset it. Cleaning the EGR is...
  5. help !! need a new turbo

What are the symptoms or has it gone bang?
  6. Engine Hesitation/Stutter When Wipers Move

Isn't there a thread on this very issue on here? Need to check the wiring loom in the bulk head under the wiper motor. It may have worn through shorting the circuit when you turn them on.
  7. Silver paint code for my Altea

Funny enough VW gave me a grey that was far too dark. He took my reg and assured me it was correct. I told him it didn't match what was in the boot. My computer isn't wrong he said.
  8. Drivers seat gradually sinking

Unfortunately that's what happens with age. I believe they are hydraulic you'll have to replace the seals and refill.
  9. Squeaky Windows !!

a mate got from GSM for £43 but it was missing the brackets
  10. Wiper Blades hitting the cover

as long as the warranty covers you over the summer. when you will really notice the squeaking.
  11. Squeaky Windows !!

bought the regulator from SEAT £103 including VAT
  12. Wiper Blades hitting the cover

window won't be working because the cable has rusted and frayed. look up squeaky Windows on here. Just keep an ear out for the drivers one in hot weather. then stop using it. regulator was updated on 2012 alteas.
  13. Squeaky Windows !!

what a waste of 3 hours of my life. I can't get enough tension to get the spoil on the regulator.
  14. Squeaky Windows !!

ah yes I can certainly see them breaking there. They are a different shape and don't fit square in the slot. Probably creating a weak spot.
  15. Squeaky Windows !!

Yes I saw your previous comment, but I'm going to put it down to lack of grease or grease choice :whistle: The wire is exact same thickness I can't see why it wouldn't be up to the job :confused: Besides only needs to last a couple of months to sell the donkey on :rofl:
  16. Squeaky Windows !!

Drivers window packet in last month, been driving around with it duck taped up after cutting the wires through the gaps. Ordered an aftermarket regulator for £43 only to find the motor connection all wrong and the door card clamps missing from the rails. Ordered cable kit for £12 off ebay...
  17. Altea tailgate release problems

Had ours replaced when we bought it, I thought it was just the handle and switch they replaced.
  18. Instrument Panel/Clocks Dead

Had exact same problem a month ago when I left a VAGCOM bluetooth device connected. Recharging the battery has worked so far fingers crossed. Had break down company come take a look who was none the wiser. I'm guessing the dash needs a high enough voltage to disable the immobiliser. Car...
  19. Steaming up!

I really don't think it's a problem, how many cars have you owned previous to this one? I think it's just the way the air con is set up.
  20. Steaming up!

yes, damp footwear will leave a damp patch. Do you only do short journeys to work? a long drive will dry the car out. I get condensation in our car in this cold without the air con on. Putting the fan on hot full blast onto the windscreen helps but I prefer the air con as it dries the air out...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.