Search results

1. RobT

2021 Ibiza 1.0TSI FR 95, new car experience with technical assessment

More info. It seems the DLAC is one of the EA211 Evo TSI engines brought in around 2020. New features include: the 1.0 TSI EVO three-cylinder petrol engine is very interesting and now operates in the economical Miller combustion cycle. With this cycle, its suction valves close already during...
  2. RobT

DLAC crank and rods. Apparently a forged crank with hollow journals, 76.4mm stroke, 42mm main and rod journals, 85mm rear seal diameter. Interesting counterweight offset for the 3cyl design. Rods look nothing special, fractured for the end cap, and with a low friction trapezoidal little end.
  3. RobT

Engine block details of the DLAC. Cracking piece of modern design. Open deck so probably not good for high boost (although same as Golf-R EA888 which seems robust). Piston oil cooling jets. Square-4 pattern with seals on front where oil cooler goes. Single knock sensor to left. Think the...
  4. RobT

Yep, maybe title change too? 2021 Ibiza 1.0TSI FR 95, new car experience with technical assessment
  5. RobT

EA211 self study program: https://vwts.ru/pps/pps_seat_161_ea211_ea888_family_engine_eng.pdf CHZL technical: https://vwts.ru/engine/engine-chzb-chzc-chzd-chza-chzf-chzj-chzl-chzk-dkja-dkra-dkla-dklb-dklc-dkrc-dkrf-dkrb-dsha-repair-manual-eng.pdf DLAC technical...
  6. RobT

Got some tech articles off Russian VW Tech site, so started reading more about CHZL vs DLAC. CHZL is the older engine. Both on the face of it very similar, both 95hp, both 999cc etc. But compression ratio different: CHZL 10.5:1 and DLAC 11.5:1. Different pistons or cyl head design? Both EU6...
  7. RobT

Sound. Ok, got the car home and been giving it the once over. First reg Jan 2021 (70-plate). Its a 95hp (70Kw) 999cc TSI car with a DLAC engine in it. Aluminium block and ali 4 valve head, 3cyl. 74.5mm bore x 76.4mm stroke. Torque 175Nm (129ftlb) 1500-4000rpm. Direct injection with high pressure...
  8. RobT

Whats been happening then Scott?
  9. RobT

Spare Wheel

Hi - just about to collect a 2020 Ibiza 1.0 TSI FR - there is no spare wheel only a can of tyre goo and a pump - anyone know what spare wheel we need? Thanks
  10. RobT

Afternoon ladies and gents - its been a while......but we have an Ibiza once again :) Mk5 Ibiza FR in blue, 1.0 TSI EA211 95hp. My lads first car. Used to have a Mk2 Ibiza hillclimb car...
  11. RobT

Significant Forum Upgrade

Looks ace - good job guys!
  12. RobT

Ibiza Kitcars

theres a top gear video of all the trackday ibizas in action, that will have the number plates on it. mine was N247XVV and driven by Tony Mason in the video. The super 6 ibiza registrations are on here somewhere.
  13. RobT

Ibiza Kitcars

these are not 'super 6' cars which were rally cars. the six ibizas and six cordobas were demo cars to take perspective punters on trackdays when the models were launched. OVV numberplate is a givaway. i had one of the ibizas.
  14. RobT

Ibiza Kitcars

i bought a grp front grill from them, from the f2 kit range, nice item.
  15. RobT

Ibiza Kitcars

Looks right to me, reg is correct for sellers claims. Proflex kit. Welded cage. Right wheels and brakes. Good price so long as its not worn out.....these cars mostly had very hard lives and I seem to recall all of them have been rolled at one time or another. Engines were nothing special but...
  16. RobT

£20k for a Mk2????

yes i did. for nowhere near 20k either....it was sold on ebay in the end for 8100 notes. Chris Eyre bought it.
  17. RobT

Mk2 Ibiza 16V Hillclimb/Sprint car - 2014 Race Season begins!

Yes he has. Chris Eyre bought it.
  18. RobT

Mk2 Ibiza 16V Hillclimb/Sprint car - 2014 Race Season begins!

car has just been sold on ebay for £8100 notes.
  19. RobT

Winter tyres

'performance winters' are the way to go, imo, 'all seasons' are neither owt ner summat. got some falken hs439 eurowinters last year as were a lot cheaper than the dunlop 3d's, have to say very impressed....
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members