Search results

1. new turbo vs just remap on high mileage PD 160

Yeah thanks. Lot to think about. I'm not aggressive with the car hence original clutch...cheers bud.
  2. new turbo vs just remap on high mileage PD 160

This is all sounding very interesting. What specs clutch would you recommend? I'm still on the original clutch but its worn now.
  3. new turbo vs just remap on high mileage PD 160

Will I struggle to get traction? I got mine mapped so it wouldn't wheelspin off the throttle in 2nd by holding the torque back. I'm presuming this is something I could have done with more power?
  4. new turbo vs just remap on high mileage PD 160

I'll never sell the car...
  5. new turbo vs just remap on high mileage PD 160

If the difference is as big as a remap then there's nothing to discuss!! Need to decide on a clutch now
  6. new turbo vs just remap on high mileage PD 160

Yeah was thinking of changing clutch soon. Then getting a Dark side budget setup which is turbo downpipe and remap with fitting. As clutch is coming up soon I need to know whether I'm going to go this route or not...will it feel much different at 220/240bhp?
  7. new turbo vs just remap on high mileage PD 160

I took the egr valve off the car when it was 2 or 3 years old. Do they still get gunked up without an egr?
  8. new turbo vs just remap on high mileage PD 160

My Cupra tdi is on 104k miles and has been remapped for 103,400 miles :D Its not a branded remap but he did tweak quite a bit going up and down the local bypass. I'm going to be changing the clutch soon and am thinking of changing the turbo later but debating whether its worth it going to say...
  9. Slight shudder at idle

Weirdly mine isn't shuddering at the moment but is smokey on startup for the first time
  10. Slight shudder at idle

Mine has done it on and off since it was brand new in 2006. I'm convinced its fuel quality related...
  11. Front tyre pressures on pd160 ibeza cupra?

32 psi for me. Had car from new and coming up to 100k miles. Most I've had out of a set of fronts is 12k miles, worst is 8k miles.
  12. How to: Sticky boot badge

It is possible to do it with a good spray of WD40. Mine was sticking for about 5 years. Gave it a really good spray so it was running out the bottom of the badge, then used a bit of 3 in 1 spray and it's been fine for the last 3 years. I do tend to spray it every 6 months
  13. Another Blown Turbo Thread

My local garage charges £60 per hour labour. I think even if getting it moved cost you £100 you'd still be saving at least £600...
  14. diseal turbo vs petrol turbo argument

Fwiw does it really matter??!! I got rid of a 300 bhp Impreza for my Ibiza cupra tdi 8 years ago next month as the Ibiza felt faster. Is it in reality? No. But I haven't looked back since, well maybe when it rains!! All these 0-60 times are Bollocks. It's the in gear times that really matter.
  15. What Mpg are you getting mk4

Is anyone actually working their mpg out properly? There seems to be a lot of very optimistic figures here!! Car - ibiza Cupra tdi (remapped) Roads - motorway Commute distance 400-500 miles per week How I drive - 60mph/36 psi in tires = 53mpg Back road blasting at preferred 32 psi = mid 30mpg...
  16. Aftermarket wheels that fit over AP Racing caliper

Anyone know if audi tt/A3 5 spokes fit?
  17. Another Cupra TDI Clutch Question...

I'm wondering how long I've got left on my clutch as it's at 88k and was remapped from brand new...Just wondering, all these people with slipping clutches after remaps - was it a generic remap? I got a custom job and kept the torque low at low revs to avoid it wheel spinning full throttle in second.
  18. Thread size of oil pressure take off??

Ok cheers will try that
  19. Thread size of oil pressure take off??

I fitted an oil temp gauge about 6 years ago but now want to blank off the hole and remove the sensor. I cant remember what thread it was. It's a brass oblong type of adapter which sits at the front of the engine. Does anyone know what size this may be? Cheers, James
  20. New turbo. Bedding in FR 130 TDI

I don't really think that's an issue with a Diesel as they cool down so quickly. My advice would be to just give it a good ten seconds at start up before revving.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members