Search results

1. Clunk

Front wishbones, rear bush.
  2. Lots of white smoke on idle

Oil seeping past the thrust bearings in the turbo. When on idle there is not enough pressure to keep the bearing sealed. Apparently. I had the same issue and ended up replacing the turbo which fixed the issue. The decat reduces the back pressure making the seal worse...
  3. Relocate Battery to boot ?

Inspiration: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3478591-Shaved-Tucked-Customized-Engine-Bays-Pics-Theory-Discussion/page24
  4. Relocate Battery to boot ?

Its a fairly big job. You need a good size cable and a lot of patience for the wiring. I ended up putting the fuse box in the glove box so i could run the large cable entirely inside the car.
  5. Smoking on idle...

I had this issue. Fairly common. Thrust bearing in turbo lets oil through into the exhaust, when there is no boost pressure, on idle. I sent my turbo off to AET and they rebuilt it. K03s. Rough prices if I've remembered them correctly. Plain rebuild with new bearing - £300 Rebuild with new...
  6. Do you have to declare a TIP to insurance as engineer is coming to assess car?

Claim its a cosmetic enhancement, he wont know its bigger than standard.
  7. LCR unidentified pipe engine bay

It looks like the vent for the EVAP or Charcoal Canister. It should poke through into the wheel well. If you unbolt the canister the pipe will swivel round and you can poke it back through its grommet
  8. turbo fitting

make sure all banjo bolts are tight and have the correct washers in, last thing you want to do is take it out again. Try and put the coolant lines in before you put it back in. and buy a car creeper
  9. Fitting a MOMO steering wheel

You need a large spline boss. I bought mine from Bulgarian eBay, bit of a punt but it paid off. Only £17 haha. You might need a bearing puller to get your old wheel off. Also a cheap snap off boss will feel loose.
  10. oil pick up

sump has a sealant type gasket. about £7 for a tube from Euro car parts. probably best getting a whole new pick up pipe
  11. what have you done to your car today ?

Had mine at r-tech yesterday. Made 240hp and 287 lbs ft. Really happy with it. Has anyone had any problems with clutches at that power ?
  12. AUQ Intercooler

R-Tech Fmic, decat turbo back, air filter, 007p, sfs TIP
  13. AUQ Intercooler

Had my car mapped today, made 240 HP and 287 lbs ft. So I guess the cooler works :-)
  14. LCR wishbones and hubs

Axle relocation plates, and no sorry
  15. LCR wishbones and hubs

They were 18's Front et 18, 8.5 Rear et 26, 9.5 But it wasn't perfect fitment Your struts will fit exactly the same
  16. LCR wishbones and hubs

This is as close as I got, it's a few mm of laying frame.
  17. LCR wishbones and hubs

I drilled my cast wishbones and bolted an angle to it. This allowed me to run with the r32 roll bar, but I used some audi A6 drop links, it was stretchy but it worked. I tried for a very long time to lay frame, but my limiting factor was my struts. The rayverns bottomed out. What struts do you...
  18. what have you done to your car today ?

Past the halfway point with wrapping this yellow turd
  19. LCR wishbones and hubs

Yes Will help you get a bit lower, stop the subframe clash
  20. Battery in boot

I relocated the fuse box to the glove box. Means that there is no need to route that massive cable through the fire wall.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.