Search results

1. Desperate need for a cat back exhaust

This is what I feared. I'm considering scrapping it and am looking for finance on a Golf GTI edition 30 in red that I've found. We will need to see what happens.
  2. Desperate need for a cat back exhaust

My '04 180 is in for MOT and it's not good. Two front springs, rear brake pipes on both sides and a CV gaiter are all relatively ok, but the exhaust from the CAT back also needs done and none of my local Mechanics places have them in stock and direct from Seat is £480!!! Does anyone know if...
  3. LC Disc and Pad Sizes?

Do I need wear sensors? Looking to get my front discs and pads changed. Reading this I found I need 312mm pads but does it matter who makes the pads? Brembo pads and Pagid discs will play nicely together?
  4. How to - Change Brake Light Switch

That's a VW 'safety' feature AFAIK. If you try to accelerate while braking or holding the brake pedal the ECU won't allow it and you'll get no go.
  5. Rear washer jets

Must look there myself. Mine has never worked since I got it!
  6. Several different lights in past few days?

Thank you Ronin, you've been a great help.
  7. Several different lights in past few days?

Ok, managed to get it scanned tonight and a couple of strange ones regarding airbags (:scary: but the light goes out and stays out on start) but the main one I was looking for and saw was: Address 17: Instruments Labels: 1M0-920-xx2-17.lbl Part No: 1M0 920 922 F Component...
  8. Several different lights in past few days?

Thank you. Thinking about chopping it in for something else at the moment. Paranoid that it's going to die and leave me stranded.
  9. Several different lights in past few days?

Proper annoying now. Oil changed, pickup pipe was clear. Car drives ok but oil light still intermittently comes on. Which sensor should I buy and where is it located?
  10. Several different lights in past few days?

Ok, car has been at the mechanics for a few days now. Oil level was absolutely fine and there was nothing blocking or fowling the pickup pipe. In fact it was completely clear, as was the oil he said. So my thought now is either the oil pump or the sensor. Has anyone else had similar problems...
  11. Several different lights in past few days?

I have an '04 Leon Cupra 180. First off was an amber Oil light and the red light beside the temperature gauge flashing and beeping on start up but a 'off and on again' would clear it. Check the oil and it was a little low so put in 2 Litres and it was fine for a few days. Then tonight on...
  12. Cupra 180 OEM Cambelt manufacturer?

My Cupra is coming up for a Cambelt swap and I've seen 'INA' belt kits (I take it the tensioner should be replaced as well as it can be bought with and without?) along with 'Ruville' and Dayco. Does anyone have any experience with easy of them? Who is the OEM belt manufacturer? My old GTI-6 had...
  13. seat Leon cupra advice!

Hmm a trip to Carluke may be in order next year for that remap.
  14. Running rough - coilpack?

Could a faulty coil pack cause very rough running on startup but if I let it idle for a couple of minutes to warm the engine a little it then drives, accelerates and boosts fine? Leon Cupra 180, 2004.
  15. Intermittent front left indicator?

Any ideas chaps? I have a Leon Cupra 180 and the front left indicator seems like the bulb has gone for a bit (fast flashing of the indicator) but then it will work normally for a bit which rules out the bulb I'd say. Is there a relay somewhere that might be on the blink? Thank you kindly.
  16. 'Pollution' light on dash, orange, not flashing on Cupra 180

Hi guys, it's been a while as the car has been running sweet and passed it's MOT last month, no work required!:D Anyway on the way home from dropping the kids off I had a light on the dash appear. It's happened a few times now, usually goes away if I turn it off and on but not this time. It's...
  17. New V-Power Nitro - what's your verdict?

Never tried the Tesco 99, there isn't a Tesco for miles. Compared to standard Shell Unleaded my Leon Cupra 180 prefers VPower. It idles better, picks up better and seems to run through the revs better. I also seem to get 20-30 miles more to a tank so I think it's worth it and its all the car...
  18. Vagcom cable

Deal xtreme sell one for less than £20? Thread further down 'what is the best/cheapest scan tool'
  19. What is the best/cheapest scan tool?

I'll have a look at my disc, see how big the files are. Might be able to email them if they're small enough.
  20. air coming through passenger door on motorway

From the inside and pull towards you gently. Keep testing until you get a decent fit. If you pull with all your might you could fold the top of the door down! Gently to begin with!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.