Search results

1. hyphon12

Post Pic's of Your Mk3 Leon In Here

Not long returned to the fold! Totally standard at the moment but will have a few changes to come.
  2. hyphon12

Returning to the dark (but right) side

Thanks! Yeah I was fine, luckily I wasn't in the car when it happened (was parked outside my work). Mine and 2 of my colleagues cars were all written off.
  3. hyphon12

Returning to the dark (but right) side

Hi folks, not a new member but its been a few years since I've been here. Used to have a Mk1 Leon Cupra R a few years ago until it got written off after someone managed to crash into it and 2 other cars. Had been running a Mk2 Focus ST for a couple years and was looking to replace it. Then I...
  4. hyphon12

Boost issue after replacing Turbo (LCR)

Wastegate actuator? yeah, new one came with the replacement turbo, tested it before fitting to make sure it was actuating correctly too.
  5. hyphon12

Sods Law! just been for a 20mi run and its been spot on! Either way any suggestions would still be appreciated, just in case it re-occurs. :)
  6. hyphon12

Evening guys, after a little advice. Just replaced the Turbo on my LCR at the weekend after the compressor wheel had snapped off. Emptied out the intercoolers, fitted new gaskets etc. Since then its just not ran right, on a couple occasions the engine would run away and continue...
  7. hyphon12

New wrx sti test drive!!

Not new, but test drove a 08 Impreza STI hatch last week. To be honest I didn't find it that laggy, certainly more than my LCR but not unbearable. And another comparison is the Merc A45 AMG, very little lag on them despite the massive turbo and 355bhp. But that is down to the twin scroll design.
  8. hyphon12

Squealing brakes

Are your pads Mintex by any chance? Quite often find they squeal.
  9. hyphon12

Fog light fuse blowing!

I'd change that fuse back to the right size ASAP. Using a larger fuse you risk burning out the wiring which then has the potential to cause a fire (seen it happen on a couple of cars). Check for a short for sure.
  10. hyphon12

Cupra R exhaust on cupra

Yeah its not massive difference but enough to make it foul on the bumper. Nearly fell into that trap with my LCR until I found a thread on here stating the difference. :)
  11. hyphon12

Cupra R exhaust on cupra

Also bare in mind the tailpipe sits in a different position against the bumper between LCs and LCRs.
  12. hyphon12

2 Identical Stage 1 LCR's why is one so much faster?

At 0.9bar boost that doesn't sound like its boosting right for a mapped car. I'm still on a standard map and run 0.9bar. Could be vacuum leaks, N75 issue or you've not got the same map. If I was you I'd check the engine for any faults as it may help find the issue.
  13. hyphon12

stuck on tyre brands...

I used to stand by Continental SportContact5 tyres, excellent grip but the wear rate is too quick! Not long Fitted Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 2 and impressed with them, just as good as my old Contis and £20 a corner cheaper.
  14. hyphon12

Overheating

Have you changed the coolant temp sensor as well? As theyre common for failing.
  15. hyphon12

Rear Door Lock Repair?

As said, you can pick up the door lock actuators cheap on eBay, if you know how to use a spanner, its not overly complicated.
  16. hyphon12

cupra r exhaust

I'm sure the back box/exhaust tip sits in a different position between the cupra and LCR so might catch the bumper.
  17. hyphon12

dump valve or recirculating valve?

Ricirc. Atmospheric DVs put leon's into limp mode as it expects the charged air to dump through the MAF, if it doesn't detect it, it suspects a leak and activates limp mode.
  18. hyphon12

Can I put audi audi tt 225 bhp injectors in a 180bhp

Don't think they fit straight in, they're a different size because of the fuel rail and different inlet manifold iirc.
  19. hyphon12

Rear pads??

Pagid pads will be fine, and no the rears don't have sensors :)
  20. hyphon12

Abs vibration

Depends how badly corroded they are. If its just lots of loose rust but hasn't effected the shape and size of the gaps it can be cleaned up and possibly sort it.